Home
Posted By: Mike70560 For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/07/24
It is a TikTok video a buddy sent me. You do not need the ap.

1911 45ACP
LOL

😎

tank killer
Give that a 👍👍

😆
Posted By: gunzo Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/07/24
I love 1911's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but not quite sold on dat. Oh wait, I rarely use FMJ bullets, that might be my deficiency.
Entertaining, but some dumbass politician is bound to see it and try to use it to push some BS pistol or ammo ban through, somewhere. Come to think of it, that could be entertaining in itself. A boobytrap, perhaps?
Posted By: DMc Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/07/24
I approve of this video....
Send it to David Hogg, it should induce a Cat-5 chimney fire.
A 45 ACP can knock out a tank at 200 yards. Lol. Why did we need bazookas or even tanks then? A .45 pistol will just wipe out enemy tanks at 200 yards.
Nothing compared to a nine.
Posted By: RAS Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/07/24
If a Marine is shooting it, then of course the pistol can do all of that.
That should be just fine, for a battle weapon. I used one for a while in my other line of work.

Always felt nice having a .45-ACP close by.

I look at the 45 as a real piece of machinery. Everyone should have a few on hand. In other words, one can never have too many .45-ACP's You could look at them like artwork. Of course, we know we are talking about 1911's.

Hey, have a good day.
Posted By: Teal Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/07/24
"Of course the 1911 is an outdated design. It came from an era when weapons were designed to win fights, not to avoid product liability lawsuits. It came from an era where it was the norm to learn how your weapon operated and to practice that operation until it became second nature, not to design the piece to the lowest common denominator. It came from an era in which our country tried to supply its fighting men with the best tools possible, unlike today, when our fighting men and women are issued hardware that was adopted because of international deal-making or the fact that the factory is in some well-connected congressman's district. Yes, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the 1911 IS an outdated design....and that's exactly what I love about it."

- Rosco S. Benson
A true Weapon of War!!
Unlike a 9MM, it won't blow a lung out- Joe Biden, village idiot.
Posted By: Gibby Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/14/24
Typical experience

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JFQWapMLUdM
Originally Posted by Gibby

Find the mags it likes and avoid too much "customization" and if you become good with it, learn exactly what might cause it to malfunction, feed it right, you got the ultimate killing machine.

Find an old and "loose" GI, the way Browning intended, that hasn't been chivied with to no end and you got the finest personal defense weapon ever devised.

Feel is subjective but the 1911 always felt natural in my hand and the trigger is second to none, 45ACP is a no BS cartridge.

MAGA!
Originally Posted by TreeMutt

Find the mags it likes and avoid too much "customization" and if you become good with it, learn exactly what might cause it to malfunction, feed it right, you got the ultimate killing machine.

Find an old and "loose" GI, the way Browning intended, that hasn't been chivied with to no end and you got the finest personal defense weapon ever devised.

Feel is subjective but the 1911 always felt natural in my hand and the trigger is second to none, 45ACP is a no BS cartridge.

MAGA!

I have 77 1911's. I collect them. I would never buy a Kimber.
That's the message I was getting at.
grin
Posted By: MOGC Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/14/24
"I got 99 problems and a Kimber ain't one..."
Posted By: RIO7 Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/14/24
If you like and can shoot a 1911 no other handgun will satisfy you. Rio7
Posted By: Muffin Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/14/24
Originally Posted by Winchester21

Yesterday visit to the LGS this followed me home, IF...... the 9s are better, and IF...... the 45 will stop tanks, will this sink ships!?!?!?!?

wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I think I'll name this one the ... 'ShipSinker'
Posted By: SS336 Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/14/24
Originally Posted by Muffin

Yesterday visit to the LGS this followed me home, IF...... the 9s are better, and IF...... the 45 will stop tanks, will this sink ships!?!?!?!?'

Yes. 😎
Posted By: Redneck Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/14/24
I need to ask, 'why'?
Originally Posted by Muffin

Yesterday visit to the LGS this followed me home, IF...... the 9s are better, and IF...... the 45 will stop tanks, will this sink ships!?!?!?!?

wink

I think I'll name this one the ... 'ShipSinker'

That thing will stop a Dump Truck!!!!!!
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e7/07/56/e7075658e7b8784dc4f0cb7072cfb950.jpg
Originally Posted by Redneck
I need to ask, 'why'?

I've owned 4 kimbers, still have 2, all have functioned flawlessly.
Posted By: Redneck Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/14/24
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I need to ask, 'why'?

I've owned 4 kimbers, still have 2, all have functioned flawlessly.
I won't say how many I have, but other than a couple of weak magazine release button issues - all quickly addressed by Kimber - the rest have never missed a beat. And that new KDS9C I recently got is the best of the bunch, IMHO..

Maybe I just got lucky... laugh
.45 ACP

For the office:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For carry:

GR
Originally Posted by MOGC
"I got 99 problems and a Kimber ain't one..."
A 10%'er
Posted By: Scotty Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/14/24
I brought a Ruger SR1911. I like it.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/14/24
He needs to replace the track .. 😂
That guy in the video must be a young Col. Jeff Cooper. He thought the 1911 could do all of that and more.

I own a 1911 and like it a lot but you must know its limitations.
Posted By: Rapier Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/14/24
A properly set up 1911 and its properly set up magazines, will feed a full magazine of fired, unsized, empty cases. Every 1911 that leaves my shop is set up to do exactly that. They are returned with full magazines of empty brass, for owner testing. If your 1911 fails to feed factory loaded ammo, there is something very wrong with the gun/mag set up. Been doing 1911s for 60+ years. A few of my custom 45 ACP guns.

Posted By: TwoTall Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/15/24
Very nice Rapier. I just recently bought a couple of 1911’s for the first time in my life. My 13 year old son has just been owning the Texas Star with one of them. I am very impressed to say the least.
If a 9 won’t do it, a .45 won’t, either.

P
I think a .45-ACP gets a bad guy's attention, mo-betta over the 9-mm.

When I had people at gun point, and I had my 45 pointed at them, more than once, I had them tell me, "That's a big gun".
Posted By: Gibby Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/15/24
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

Only if the 9 is a steel Browning HI Power

Gibbs
Posted By: Gibby Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/15/24
Originally Posted by Rapier
A properly set up 1911 and its properly set up magazines, will feed a full magazine of fired, unsized, empty cases. Every 1911 that leaves my shop is set up to do exactly that. They are returned with full magazines of empty brass, for owner testing. If your 1911 fails to feed factory loaded ammo, there is something very wrong with the gun/mag set up. Been doing 1911s for 60+ years. A few of my custom 45 ACP guns.

Nice work
Posted By: Teal Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/15/24

P

Then why do they give you 2x as many 9's?
Posted By: viking Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/15/24

If you want kitschy buy a Kimber. If you want function & reliability for thousands of rounds, don't. Cease from your consideration of it.
Posted By: MOGC Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/15/24
Originally Posted by Teal

P

Because they can. Why not? Nobody ever says, "I want fewer bullets in a gunfight."
My CCW gun is a Colt Combat Commander in .45 ACP. Very mild custom work which includes polished feed ramp and replacement of the grip safety short tang model. Replaced it with a beavertail style. It no longer chews holes in the web of my hand. I would like better sights but I do OK with the factory sights as is. My favorite hand gun.
PJ
Originally Posted by jorgeI

That one with the antler grips is purty.
Originally Posted by Teal

P

So they can miss more without having to reload.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
I think a .45-ACP gets a bad guy's attention, mo-betta over the 9-mm.

When I had people at gun point, and I had my 45 pointed at them, more than once, I had them tell me, "That's a big gun".

A 12 gauge I could understand, but .354 (9mm) v. .45 doesn’t seem overwhelming.

0.1” ain’t much.

P
Posted By: SupFoo Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/15/24
Originally Posted by Mike70560
It is a TikTok video a buddy sent me. You do not need the ap.

1911 45ACP

That's ridiculous. Everyone knows you need a 6.5 CM to take down a tank.
My only gripe of the 1911 is how heavy they are. You almost need suspenders and a good belt to keep your pants up. Hell, that's my gripe with my G26
Posted By: jbmi Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/16/24
Love the 1911, carried one as a MP in the Marines in the early 60's. Those were still left over from WWII. As I grew older and had a few extra buck I had a Custom Colt 1911 45ACP Gold Cup / National Match made, decided to make it a BBQ gun. It shoots as good as it looks.
Posted By: Teal Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/16/24
This one's from 1944. Colt frame and slide.

This one's newer. Colt still but I got it for 900

The only beef I have against 1911s is the mag release is not reversible. I could shell out for a Cabot Southpaw, but they don't have a rail for a light. Carry guns need lights. So while I own and enjoy 1911s, I won't carry one.
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Originally Posted by jbmi
Love the 1911, carried one as a MP in the Marines in the early 60's. Those were still left over from WWII. As I grew older and had a few extra buck I had a Custom Colt 1911 45ACP Gold Cup / National Match made, decided to make it a BBQ gun. It shoots as good as it looks.
That is badass
Posted By: 41rem Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/16/24
Like a swarm of hornets.
Posted By: Redneck Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/16/24
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
The only beef I have against 1911s is the mag release is not reversible. I could shell out for a Cabot Southpaw, but they don't have a rail for a light. Carry guns need lights. So while I own and enjoy 1911s, I won't carry one.
It's reversible on the KDS9C.... And no grip safety.. Another plus, IMHO.
Posted By: Gibby Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/17/24
I need to ask, 'why'?

This is common knowledge by people in the know.

That's the whole reason I bought one.
A 1911 can drop a water buffalo dead in its tracks with one shot. Been there, done that.
Posted By: Redneck Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by smarquez
That's the whole reason I bought one.
laugh

IIRC, the early ones had issues... Same could be said of Para, along with several others.. I have no issues with any of the 1911s, used my first one while in the Navy in '66.. It worked. That's the main goal, IMHO..
Posted By: Etoh Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/17/24
They all have had issues, picking Kimber out is just a reflection on not having shot the others much, and being late to the game.
Para- cracked frames-especially commander sized models. (357 Sig here)
Randall - investment cast barrels, never fit. (when 1911 were really hard to find late 80s. here)
Springfield, cracked frames in Champion series, two piece barrels, sheared lugs on comped models. ( all of then here)
Colt finger collet system tapered barrel-- total POS. Series 80 safety. ( can be adjusted, some like some dislike)

All of them are in big kaka if Tisa,RIA,Girsan keep going.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
A 1911 can drop a water buffalo dead in its tracks with one shot. Been there, done that.

So can a .22LR
A true Weapon of War!!
Twas around the late '80s~early '90s when I got a wild hair up my azz to shoot IPSC. Already had an Auto-Ordinance 1911 so I slid some cash towards Wilson Combat and picked up a few parts to turn this gun into a full-race model. Life got busy so I never shot in a match. I thought about shooting the gun again a few months ago, cast a couple hundred 205gr SWC bullets, dug out the Dillon and some thirty year old 231, cranked out some ammo. I love the compensated barrel...
Question is, will it bring down an F-15/16??? 🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: Gibby Re: For the lovers of the 1911 - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
A true Weapon of War!!
Twas around the late '80s~early '90s when I got a wild hair up my azz to shoot IPSC. Already had an Auto-Ordinance 1911 so I slid some cash towards Wilson Combat and picked up a few parts to turn this gun into a full-race model. Life got busy so I never shot in a match. I thought about shooting the gun again a few months ago, cast a couple hundred 205gr SWC bullets, dug out the Dillon and some thirty year old 231, cranked out some ammo. I love the compensated barrel...
Question is, will it bring down an F-15/16??? 🤣🤣🤣

A Colt would. Lol
© 24hourcampfire