Home
Posted By: wabigoon One Of The Best Teachers? - 03/09/24
Slater Brockman, Physics. he was a good teacher.
Posted By: plumbum Re: One Of The Best Teachers? - 03/09/24
Time. But she kills all of her students.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: One Of The Best Teachers? - 03/09/24
K
Posted By: slumlord Re: One Of The Best Teachers? - 03/09/24
You had physics in school?

NFW!
🥴
Posted By: cs2blue Re: One Of The Best Teachers? - 03/09/24
Talking about something is good but, allowing students to do it, try it, is way better. Get students off their ass from behind a desk, and on their feet. Allow them to get their hands dirty. For me, it makes all the difference.
Pain.
Originally Posted by slumlord

NFW!
🥴
It was long, long, ago. There was less if it then.
Mister Franks who was our Ag/FFA teacher, he'd let us pull our pickups around the back of the ag shop at school on Fridays when class was out to BBQ and drink a few beers.
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Talking about something is good but, allowing students to do it, try it, is way better. Get students off their ass from behind a desk, and on their feet. Allow them to get their hands dirty. For me, it makes all the difference.

Absolutely 100% correct ^

... but it is getting more and more difficult to execute.
Experience.
[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]
Tell a kid how to do something- - - -show him how to do it- - - - -watch while he does it and correct his mistakes- - - -then have him show somebody else how it's done. That method worked for me for 30-something years, teaching several skilled trades.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: One Of The Best Teachers? - 03/09/24
I was fortunate in having many, many good teachers. The ones who really stand out are the ones who showed a real interest in me and taught me how to learn.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I was fortunate in having many, many good teachers. The ones who really stand out are the ones who showed a real interest in me and taught me how to learn.

Yep.

NFW!
🥴

It was right after lunch...before Philosophy and Spelling.
Mrs Zinn - my first grade teacher who taught me how to READ using the sight word method and Dick and Ja ne reader. It changed my life forever.

NFW!
🥴

Sum fokes call it gym
Posted By: RUM7 Re: One Of The Best Teachers? - 03/09/24

NFW!
🥴
He sure the fugg never took spelling.
Not a chance that he made it to physics.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: One Of The Best Teachers? - 03/09/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Lots in the news the last few years about young female teachers teaching sex ed by the braille method. I never had one of those.
© 24hourcampfire