Home
Never thought I see big-name acts in a little redneck town of a couple thousand folks. wonder if it's legit, If so, I need to get tickets,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

https://thepostog.com/?fbclid=IwAR3kboprxWagX2P5ry10zuhLl1ub5M_R2b21G2ajkDWGujs5pXXi5l-3d4g
Dang, that’s quite a list of big name performers. If I lived anywhere near there I would be looking at attending a few of those shows. It will be interesting to see it come to fruition.
Hopefully the surrounding area folks show up!
He was awesome when he was young. My first concert, he comes out on stag dressed in a leopard print loin cloth, climbs up the speakers and swings across the stage hanging onto a rope, his loin cloth blows up and his dick is hanging out, the crowd goes fuqking NUTS!!

He's called the Motor City Madman for a reason.

Kamikaze from the 100th floor!!

Originally Posted by javman
They should it's only about 15 or so miles from Calallan on the west side of Corpus.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Never thought I see big-name acts in a little redneck town of a couple thousand folks. wonder if it's legit, If so, I need to get tickets,

Get tickets, he's winding down his touring days.
I’ve never heard of this place and I go to concerts a good bit. I’ve seen most of the acts coming up there. Chris Cagle and Bellamy bros are very good. I have seen Ted a few times. He talks too much
👍
He's probably not into doing racetrack shows anymore.

He was a hit at Cal Jam II.

That was a long time ago
Sweet!
Originally Posted by hanco
That was a long time ago
Not so long ago I can't remember.

Give it a few more years though.
They should it's only about 15 or so miles from Calallan on the west side of Corpus.
Yup lived there for several years!
Ted was the first concert I ever went to. Downtown Fort Worth at the Fort Worth Convention Center in January, 1979. A year or two previously he brought home my friends sister after a concert in his motorhome that he was driving, they lived around the corner from my parents house.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

What happened at the racetrack ?
Originally Posted by Malcolm
Originally Posted by Valsdad

What happened at the racetrack ?
Cal Jam II was at Ontario Motor Speedway.

Over 400,000 people and I seem to recall the announcer coming and tellin us to congratulate ourselves as we were now the 4th largest city in Cali
While in Loin cloth he shot a flaming arrow into the air in Ruckus(Rupp) Arena. He got fined for that, but I don't understand why as there were a couple thousand burning doobies being passed around at the same time.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Ted was the first concert I ever went to. Downtown Fort Worth at the Fort Worth Convention Center in January, 1979. A year or two previously he brought home my friends sister after a concert in his motorhome that he was driving, they lived around the corner from my parents house.
Me too, & AC-DC was the warm-up band. We had never heard of ac/dc . Cincinnati Riverfront Colosseum , 78-79?

When Ted parted ways with Derek St. Holmes- it was downhill from there, imo.
Rodger Creager is a local Corpus boy and damn good. He used to play at the surf club when I lived in Corpus. West side of Corpus out to Orange Grove is a good place to live.
Orange Grove, TX?

Okay, not the thriving metropolis of Corpus Christi, but the last time I was through there (spring 2020), the population density is enough and Nugent is popular enough, he should be able to fill up any venue in Orange Grove.

First time I was in Orange Grove was spring 1970. I was working in Mathis.
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Orange Grove, TX?

Okay, not the thriving metropolis of Corpus Christi, but the last time I was through there (spring 2020), the population density is enough and Nugent is popular enough, he should be able to fill up any venue in Orange Grove.

First time I was in Orange Grove was spring 1970. I was working in Mathis.
Yeah, you have Mathis just north of there, the folks in Alice to the southwest, and all the people who live around Lake Corpus Christi.
We did our field carrier landing practice (FCLP) at Alice, Orange Grove right before getting our wings. It’s not very far from Corpus or Kingsville.
Just take a look at places Gruene Dance Hall just outside of New Braunfels, TX. Or Lukenbach, TX.
They started all of this YEARS ago, back in the Willie & Waylon Outlaw tour da in the 70’s. Kind of like the Armadillo Speedway days, back before Austin became a Libertard Schitthole.

No telling how many big name acts have performed at those places over the years.

It’s become a pretty big deal now for the small town outdoor venues like that.

About 35 miles SW, of me, in the tiny town of Gail, TX, close to Snyder, TX, there’s a new small venue like that called Coyote Country Store that has lots of big name C&W stars of the 80’s and 90’s perform there.

https://www.outhousetickets.com/Venue/The_Coyote_Store/

I’d rather go to a deal like that then those old Coliseum style concerts in the old days where you had to set up in the nose bleed section.
Hell, in the big rock concert venues in the 70’s, you’d be stuck up in a big ole cloud of marijuana smoke. 🤪

I’d definitely go see ole Nuge in small concert venue like that. Always thought he was a hell of guitar player.

Not to mention a staunch 2nd Amendment and Hunting Rights Supporter and Patriot.

Of course, someone will be along directly and claim he’s a draft dodger and child rapist. 🤪

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

https://thepostog.com/?fbclid=IwAR3kboprxWagX2P5ry10zuhLl1ub5M_R2b21G2ajkDWGujs5pXXi5l-3d4g

I’d go with ya Roger, if I lived down there in S TX !
Originally Posted by navlav8r
We did our field carrier landing practice (FCLP) at Alice, Orange Grove right before getting our wings. It’s not very far from Corpus or Kingsville.
I used to road hunt out there when I was a teen.
I was sitting in the lobby if the El Paisano motel in Pearsall, TX back in 1969.
Red haired character came running in and asked the motel owner if he had a room where he and his band could get cleaned up. They had a show at the Wishing Well, a honky tonk just south of town.
He signed and paid for the room!
I asked the owner, "Who was that?"
Andy held the registration card at arms length. "Says here his name is Willie Nelson. I've never heard of him."
At that point, I hadn't either!
Only years later did I recall having rubbed elbows, though briefly, with Willie Nelson!
© 24hourcampfire