Home
this is phuggin crazy, if you can't do better than this, then its time for wholesale replacement

https://x.com/stillgray/status/1768117037300408742?s=20
Eh, it's Canada after all.
With NYistan, and Commiffornia in the US soon to offer their same advice.

I might suggest that homeowners:

Wives sleep with less clothing to make it easier for home entry rapists.

Please leave an assortment of knives, ropes and firearms accessible to home invaders. Things are tuff all around, burglary “tools” are expensive.

….. this world has gone INSANE!
if anything, Canada is a bigger threat to America than Mexico
When you aren’t allowed to fight back this is what happens.
All part of the Bolshevik plan. Dangerous criminals running wild, no checks, citizens not permitted to interfere with them, police unwilling to do anything about it. It demoralizes a people, which is an essential early stage for Bolshevism to succeed.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
It’s pretty hard to judge what’s going on with our neighbors up north considering what’s going on down here as well. There’s no shortage of stupid to go around. At least the Canadian truckers had the balls to stand up against the .gov.
UNBELIEVABLE - this is the world Justin Trudeau wants you to live in.

And look at the people sitting there all calm and polite--- pathetic. Maybe they'll pray and ask the Lord what they should do.
Hell leave the keys in the cars plus $1,000 travel money, pack some snacks for the thieves, let them take your young daughters so they're not lonely.
That's insane.
Not saying I’d hurt somebody trying to steal my car, but my tractor has a front loader.
Belt fed weapons solve crime problems. Give people those instead of advice like this.
Originally Posted by TomT
With NYistan, and Commiffornia in the US soon to offer their same advice.

I might suggest that homeowners:

Wives sleep with less clothing to make it easier for home entry rapists.

Please leave an assortment of knives, ropes and firearms accessible to home invaders. Things are tuff all around, burglary “tools” are expensive.

….. this world has gone INSANE!
Already being done.

Asked to leave keys in car and doors unlocked, some are advising to keep windows down as well to keep them from getting smashed.
Can see the insurance companies denying coverage if some moron does leave his fob outside and gets his car stole.
Originally Posted by Chisos
Can see the insurance companies denying coverage if some moron does leave his fob outside and gets his car stole.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? Ordinarily, that's insurance fraud.
Nature is supposed to abhor a vacuum.

There's a serious vacuum of law and order from LEO agencies in this country. (I know where Toronto is, this is a general point)

When will citizens simply take matters in their own hands? And when the LEO does the "brave thing" and charge the citizens - we need others to do the right thing and jury nullify that charge.
Originally Posted by Teal
Nature is supposed to abhor a vacuum.

There's a serious vacuum of law and order from LEO agencies in this country. (I know where Toronto is, this is a general point)

When will citizens simply take matters in their own hands? And when the LEO does the "brave thing" and charge the citizens - we need others to do the right thing and jury nullify that charge.
If it weren’t for LEO, politicians would just be some people with bad ideas.
Those bastard coppers need to be dismissed immediately. Lazy useless pricks.
Originally Posted by steve4102
If it weren’t for LEO, politicians would just be some people with bad ideas.

Every crooked organisation has it's thugs.
Why not cut out the middle man and just have the dealers leave all the new car fobs hanging outside? I am sure the thieves would rather steal new vs. used.

D@mn forking idiots.
now imagine this world with roving gangs of latinos and muslims
Originally Posted by KFWA

Kind of like cities like Memphis with it's roving gangs of Negroes.
Toronto area is a liberal cesspool but I can promise you those Toronto white folks are incredibly arrogant. They will go along with it just to save face.
Maybe the police chief is the head of the car theft ring. Next press release will say, 'To avoid having your expensive SUV stolen, please bring it to the following list of approved theft ring warehouses.'
Originally Posted by grouseman
Maybe the police chief is the head of the car theft ring. Next press release will say, 'To avoid having your expensive SUV stolen, please bring it to the following list of approved theft ring warehouses.'
Prolly should say,

“ To make it easier on us and so we don’t have to do anything, especially paperwork, please bring it to the following …..
Originally Posted by Mike_S
When you aren’t allowed to fight back this is what happens.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Don't know how long it will take but sooner or later people will figure out the law isn't there for honest citizens it's to protect criminal rights. Some will decide to quietly take care of any and all criminal acts committed against them. When the trees have enough hanging criminals in them some of the crime will stop but only to be committed by others yet to be schooled the same. At this point the laws will mean nothing and that is being proved daily..be.prepared go buy some rope.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Don't know how long it will take but sooner or later people will figure out the law isn't there for honest citizens it's to protect criminal rights. Some will decide to quietly take care of any and all criminal acts committed against them. When the trees have enough hanging criminals in them some of the crime will stop but only to be committed by others yet to be schooled the same. At this point the laws will mean nothing and that is being proved daily..be.prepared go buy some rope.

Law is addressed in court, justice is sorted out quietly when no one is looking.
this is phuggin crazy, if you can't do better than this, then its time for wholesale replacement

https://x.com/stillgray/status/1768117037300408742?s=20
That IS crazy...complete opposite of what our sheriff is saying.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

JSTUART;
Good morning BC time but I see it's tomorrow once more for you all, regardless as always I hope you and your fine family are well.

Speaking broadly as one who has only been in Toronto one time - at Pearson Airport in 1975 - it appears that the present Toronto Police Chief Myron Demkiw is doing a less than stellar job on several fronts.

Recently Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni was there visiting PM Socks and some sort of gala event had to be cancelled because Toronto Police Services couldn't get a handle on the pro Hamas demonstrations going on.

They were mostly peaceful so the legacy media assured us.

Speaking of that, when the Trucker's Protest was in full swing, it was reported by those there that there was a marked difference in leadership ability between the OPP - Ontario Provincial Police and the Ottawa Police. The chief there was forced to resign in the wake of the mess that all became.

To my cyber friend from Florida Mannlicher's thought that Canucks pose a greater threat than what's happening south of them, I'm not quite sure from whence that theory springs, but as always would be willing to listen or truly read I suppose is the more precise term.

We're a mess up here, there's no doubt of that JSTUART.

There are many of us who are working to correct our course and in the same vein there's many who are working against us, ostensibly to tear down what we know and rebuilt it into a dystopian central government controlled nanny state.

Interesting times to say the least.

All the best to you and yours down there as you contend with similar and yet different issues.

Dwayne
Oh wow
One thing to remember, Canada unfortunately champions the assisted suicide if things get to rough for you. I do believe that we are headed in that direction, led by the GD Demonrats that have no ethics, no morals, and just crawled out of the septic tank.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
All part of the Bolshevik plan. Dangerous criminals running wild, no checks, citizens not permitted to interfere with them, police unwilling to do anything about it. It demoralizes a people, which is an essential early stage for Bolshevism to succeed.

All of you saying that's insane need to reread what TRH wrote. There's nothing "insane" about what is going on. It's all PLANNED. Tires me to the bone listening to conservative radio and the hosts drone on endlessly about the "insane" policies of the left.

If we could EVER, just for a lightbulb moment, get past the "OMG, look what the left is doing, they're insane!" to "No, they're not insane, they're intentional" then MAYBE, just MAYBE, we could start some progress towards restoring our country.

Exactly

Not much difference between those Canadian cops and the U.S. cops who just stood around with their thumbs up there azzes when the BLM thugs and Antifa gangsters & goons were burning and destroying our cities. Some even knelt down and kissed the shoes of rampaging blacks to show their shame for slavery 160 years ago.

The politicians tell the cops what to do and if they don't do it, they are fired. No more pension, no perks, no health and hospitalization, no four week paid vacations, no free donuts ........... "Just following orders, sir." crazy

L.W.
Dead criminals don't commit any more crimes. There's no pardon, parole, early release, or pretrial diversion from the graveyard. Too bad our Canuck friends are too polite to pull a trigger. Crooked cops and politicians aren't any more bulletproof than the scumbags they're protecting.
Canucks by and large are good folks. They deserve better.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Canucks by and large are good folks. They deserve better.
They ARE good folks! I met more Canadians in Mexico than anywhere else, and found them funny and entertaining, same as the Mexicans, but without the tan.
As pasty as vacationing Alaskans!
What stupid pansy's.
Originally Posted by BC30cal

JSTUART;
Good morning BC time but I see it's tomorrow once more for you all, regardless as always I hope you and your fine family are well.

Speaking broadly as one who has only been in Toronto one time - at Pearson Airport in 1975 - it appears that the present Toronto Police Chief Myron Demkiw is doing a less than stellar job on several fronts.

Recently Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni was there visiting PM Socks and some sort of gala event had to be cancelled because Toronto Police Services couldn't get a handle on the pro Hamas demonstrations going on.

Speaking of that, when the Trucker's Protest was in full swing, it was reported by those there that there was a marked difference in leadership ability between the OPP - Ontario Provincial Police and the Ottawa Police. The chief there was forced to resign in the wake of the mess that all became.

To my cyber friend from Florida Mannlicher's thought that Canucks pose a greater threat than what's happening south of them, I'm not quite sure from whence that theory springs, but as always would be willing to listen or truly read I suppose is the more precise term.

There are many of us who are working to correct our course and in the same vein there's many who are working against us, ostensibly to tear down what we know and rebuilt it into a dystopian central government controlled nanny state.

All the best to you and yours down there as you contend with similar and yet different issues.

Dwayne

Is it legal to own a Smith and Wesson .38 revolver in Canada?

I would call that a target-rich. Environment
Olivia Chow is the mayor of Toronto. She is a full out communist. Torontonians can reap the benefits of her policies, including the 10% residential tax hike.

Nick
Originally Posted by FatCity67
LOL. Exactly.
advice i've seen for trailhead parking.

Leave nothing of value inside and your doors unlocked so they won't ( no guarantee!) break a window.

The vehicle itself might-be worth something?
Do they also suggest getting down on your hands and knees?So you can be beaten more easily?
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

JSTUART;

Dwayne

simonkenton7;
Good afternoon, though it's likely evening for you all on the east coast.

The short answer is yes, if we owned one previous to last summer, than we can still own it and use it at any approved range.

If you did not own it as of last summer, you cannot currently purchase or transfer ownership of it any longer.

Last summer life changed again and truly we've been fighting an uphill battle in the courts with the federal government pretty much since Shiny Pony came into power.

If you're interested I'd be happy to attempt a broad overview of Canadian firearms law, but be forewarned, it won't be a short read....

Unlike the US, it's pretty much standardized country wide, although Quebec is still clinging to a registration system for long guns as far as I'm aware.

All the best.

Dwayne

The short answer is yes.

Dwayne
What happens to you if you use it in self-defense?
The Real Hawkeye;
Good evening sir, I hope the day behaved down in your part of the world.

Based upon some recent cases, you will be charged with a felony - manslaughter up to murder - depending on where you're living and the Crown Prosecutor.

In a couple of those cases, one in particular in Ontario where a home invasion took place comes to mind, the person who shot the home invader was acquitted.

While firearm law is Canada wide, interpretation of self defense varies somewhat depending on where the incident took place.

Hope that's at least somewhat clear.

Dwayne
The Real Hawkeye;
Good evening sir, I hope the day behaved down in your part of the world.

Based upon some recent cases, you will be charged with a felony - manslaughter up to murder - depending on where you're living and the Crown Prosecutor.

In a couple of those cases, one in particular in Ontario where a home invasion took place comes to mind, the person who shot the home invader was acquitted.

While firearm law is Canada wide, interpretation of self defense varies somewhat depending on where the incident took place.

Hope that's at least somewhat clear.

Dwayne

Not at all far from the same in many US cities. Many parallels just south of you good folks.
Canadian and Australian politics have become quite a disappointment.
I didn't even read the thread I heard it on the radio leave your keys by the door so they can take your s*** and leave you alone by God it's time to start shooting f****** in the forehead one after the other until they learn and that police chief he gets one too actually he gets two and he gets set on fire f******
Originally Posted by DMc

Oh for fuck sakes, do you even pay attention to the crap you are in.

We are way behind you fella...way, way behind!
Originally Posted by DMc

Oh for fuck sakes, do you even pay attention to the crap you are in.

We are way behind you fella...way, way behind!

Canadian, Australian AND AMERICAN politics have become quite a disappointment.

…. fixed it for you.

At least the Canadian and Australian governments enforce their immigration Laws (as far as I know). It’s not like some “other Country” that basically has open borders, less than 25 years after the second biggest attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor. If I didn’t know better, I’d think the Cabal want a lot of us dead, or begging for help from BIG Government. Nah, couldn’t be.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

No way , Canadians are friendly toward yanks 90% of the time. We're buds all the way to the end. The only yanks who complain about their company are probably new arrivals from who knows where and who cares where.

The short answer is yes.

Dwayne

Same thing that happens down there

The perpetrator gets a belly full of lead what else.

Exactly

The short answer is yes.

Dwayne

If you owned the pistol a year ago you can keep it.

However it is illegal to buy a pistol today.
In Texas it's legal to shoot people that are trying to stealing your stuff.
Originally Posted by victoro

Odd - when I got my CHL down there in 2003 I was specifically told that was illegal. When did lethal force become viable response to property crimes?

Texas Penal Code 9.41 permits the use of force to protect property. It does not permit the use of deadly force to merely protect property under most circumstances. This changes when someone attempts to forcefully enter your house or enters your house by force. Your house includes your porch and attached garages, but does not include detached garages. It also changes when you can meet the elements of Penal Code 9.42.

Texas Penal Code Section 9.42 requires that all three of the following circumstances exist in order for you be justified in employing deadly force to protect property.

1. You must be justified in using force;

2. Must only be to the degree you reasonably believe deadly force is immediately necessary to prevent:

a. the imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
b. Someone fleeing from those things; or

3. To the degree that you reasonably believe that

a. The land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means, or
b. Using a lesser force would expose you or someone else to the substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Have to have all 3 and #3 is the kicker because "property can be recovered if you have insurance" thus not fulfilling #3 - as explained to me by Texas LEO.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Not saying I’d hurt somebody trying to steal my car, but my tractor has a front loader.
A post hole auger works great too, just chop the bastards up into smaller hunks.

Odd - when I got my CHL down there in 2003 I was specifically told that was illegal. When did lethal force become viable response to property crimes?

Texas Penal Code 9.41 permits the use of force to protect property. It does not permit the use of deadly force to merely protect property under most circumstances. This changes when someone attempts to forcefully enter your house or enters your house by force. Your house includes your porch and attached garages, but does not include detached garages. It also changes when you can meet the elements of Penal Code 9.42.

Texas Penal Code Section 9.42 requires that all three of the following circumstances exist in order for you be justified in employing deadly force to protect property.

2. Must only be to the degree you reasonably believe deadly force is immediately necessary to prevent:

a. the imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

b. Using a lesser force would expose you or someone else to the substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Have to have all 3 and #3 is the kicker because "property can be recovered if you have insurance" thus not fulfilling #3 - as explained to me by Texas LEO.

Have never heard of any case of a Texas citizen being charged because of having insurance to cover the theft. The DA here simplified things for me. Perp enters your home, he's dead meat, period, end of discussion. Daytime outside, call the police, no shoot-ee bang bang. Night time outside, feel free to test your night sights.

Have never heard of any case of a Texas citizen being charged because of having insurance to cover the theft. The DA here simplified things for me. Perp enters your home, he's dead meat, period, end of discussion. Daytime outside, call the police, no shoot-ee bang bang. Night time outside, feel free to test your night sights.

Only going off of what I was told in 2003, Texas has become more purple since.

That said - someone inside the argument can be made that's not a property crime. Someone outside with your TV in their hands - is. According to the law, a DA (prob in Austin) could argue 3B on quite a few things.

Only going off of what I was told in 2003, Texas has become more purple since.

That said - someone inside the argument can be made that's not a property crime. Someone outside with your TV in their hands - is. According to the law, a DA (prob in Austin) could argue 3B on quite a few things.

Yes, one could, but I don't think even the mad dog DA Ronnie Earle would have been stupid enough to try to argue that in a court of law. The legislatures, over the years, have thrown out a lot of the impedimentary verbiage implanted by Dim legislators who were in opposition to self defense and/or concealed carry. I can remember when the dimocraps were in control and Texas was a duty to retreat state...
I have said it many times before, and I'll say it again "Canada is a Ruined Nation"

What would be scaring the hell out of me if I were an American is that you guys are 1 election away from being in the same predicament!

I pray for you guys that that does not happen, we need at least 1 sane country left on this planet!

The short answer is yes.

Dwayne

If you owned the pistol a year ago you can keep it.

However it is illegal to buy a pistol today.

simonkenton7;
Morning again sir, I hope this last day of the week finds you well.

Yes that's correct, currently it's not possible to transfer a "restricted" class firearm since PM Socks' last attack on our ability to retain personal property.

Since we have no 2nd Amendment, we - that is to say firearms groups like the CCFR which I've been a member of since shortly after they were formed - have taken the feds to court on this issue, that is to say it's a private property issue.

While we lost round one, we're appealing and have at least two provinces, sadly but not surprisingly not BC, joining in the appeal with intervenor status, so that's helpful.

What I and other like minded individuals are attempting to show our fellow Canucks is that if the government can declare our AR's and handguns unlawful today, they can do the same with power boats, ATV's, sport bikes, etc. tomorrow. None of us "needs" an ATV, power boat or motorcycle that can triple the legal speed limit is what we've been telling people.

The current leader of the official opposition federally, Pierre Poilievre, has twice while I was there in the crowd said he'd drop the useless firearms restrictions.

Of course that gives housewives in Toronto the vapors because Socks tells them he's making machine guns legal so we'll be able to buy them at any Canadian Tire gun rack. Socks isn't known for speaking the truth or frankly recognizing the truth, but he can scare housewives and people who still listen to legacy media, I'll give him that.

We are, I believe anyways, playing for all the marbles up here on a few fronts unfortunately, so resources and energy are stretched thin.

We'll see.

Dwayne
Any Canadians with a Corvette? I've been wanting one of those C8s. Must be a Z06. Please fill the tank while you're at it. Color preference is blue. TIA
Ben Lurkin;
Good morning to you sir, I hope your part of Utah is looking promising thus far and you're well.

Regarding Corvettes, blue ones even.

In a former life I managed a storage facility where we stored boats, RV's, classic and exotic autos.

One of my clients had a track prepped Corvette, I want to say a 2009???

He was a member of this place which is just south of us.

https://area27.ca/

It's not open to the public, so while one can watch them running, it's from the fence on the west side which is limited.

To the best of my understanding what they do on a regular "track day" is run about 4 cars or motorcycles of the same class for 15-20 minutes together.

Thus when he invited us to be his guests on a track day we jumped at the chance. When we got there, we being my wife, eldest daughter, her husband and I, he asked if anyone wanted to ride along on his upcoming 20 minutes of track time?

Also when we got there, there was a group of Honda S2000s and Miatas running and they sounded like angry chainsaws.

Anyways our daughter is a wee bit of an adrenaline junky so she quickly said she wanted to ride along.

When they ran it was with another Corvette and a couple of track prepped Porches.

They hit top speeds of 145mph on the straight and I forget now just what the G's were, but he had that information as well. He ran mid pack all the way and said if he dumped another $10,000 into even better brakes he'd be able to speed up his lap times.

Since Area 27 has been opened, we see all manner of neat sports cars tooling around from late April to about the end of September.

Best to you in your search for a blue Z06.

Dwayne
These new cars don't use a metal key to crank up the car. They have a key fob, which transmits a signal to the car, to open the door and crank it up.
A criminal can stand on a front porch, and use a device to read the key fob, which is setting on the kitchen counter. Without ever entering the house, he can then crank up the car.

The constable is concerned that civilians are using a "Faraday pouch" to store the fob in. This is a cloth bag with steel wires inlaid in it. It blocks the signal when thieves are trying to "read" the fob.

https://slnt.com/collections/faraday-bags-for-keys/products/key-fob-guards

So the criminals have to break into the house and remove the fob from the Faraday pouch. The Constable wants homeowners to remove the fob from the Faraday bag, and leave the fob near the front door, so that thieves can easily read it, and not have to break into the house.
These new cars don't use a metal key to crank up the car. They have a key fob, which transmits a signal to the car, to open the door and crank it up.
A criminal can stand on a front porch, and use a device to read the key fob, which is setting on the kitchen counter. Without ever entering the house, he can then crank up the car.

The constable is concerned that civilians are using a "Faraday pouch" to store the fob in. This is a cloth bag with steel wires inlaid in it. It blocks the signal when thieves are trying to "read" the fob.

https://slnt.com/collections/faraday-bags-for-keys/products/key-fob-guards

So the criminals have to break into the house and remove the fob from the Faraday pouch. The Constable wants homeowners to remove the fob from the Faraday bag, and leave the fob near the front door, so that thieves can easily read it, and not have to break into the house.
Would a much better solution be to get better doors, and be armed so you can shoot them when they break in??
I listened to that officer spew that crap. Was he really law enforcement. I can’t believe even a Canadian cop would say that. I think it was staged. If not Canada is screwed.
© 24hourcampfire