Home
Posted By: flintlocke Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/17/24
Willie Nelson, former country icon, after supporting Joe 'cut the wire' Biden in the last election...decides now it would be financially beneficial to release a tune about the heartbreak of being a border cop. Hurry, be the first on your block to get the album.
Posted By: Dons99 Re: Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Willie Nelson, former country icon, after supporting Joe 'cut the wire' Biden in the last election...decides now it would be financially beneficial to release a tune about the heartbreak of being a border cop. Hurry, be the first on your block to get the album.
Not much cognitive function left for ol Willie, much like oatmeal joe
Posted By: las Re: Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/17/24
Drugs do have that effect!
Not a fan except for his early days.
Willie burned his brain long ago, perfect example of cannabis beneficial effects.
Posted By: Tminc Re: Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/17/24
It ain't the cannabis,its the democrat in him that makes this dumass.
I have no way of knowing if it's true or not, but there was a delegation from the Klamath Basin that got involved in the first 'farm aid' concert/benefit back in the mid '80's. Many of the Klamath farmers were 2nd gen family farmers that settled in the Basin as Vets that applied for and won a 160 acre homestead lottery. They were given permission to salvage the buildings from the Japanese interment camps for housing and outbuildings. With the help of a CCC camp nearby, they built irrigation systems, access roads. If there was ever something called a family farm...these hard workers were it. Anyway, you guessed it, the Klamath delegation didn't even get plane fare home...so the story goes. How Willie and pals came out with an 80,000 person concert is also unknown. My Basin friends aren't bitter about it, they laugh and say, oh what a bunch of rubes we were.
When farm aid was questioned by the Chicago Tribune, farm aid said, it was never about raising money, it was about raising awareness.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/17/24
Fug that dope smoking POS.
Was never a big Willie Nelson fan but….

Despite stupid politics and being an overachiever in smoking pot, he’s outlived and out earned most of us here.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/17/24
He was a very prolific songwriter before he ever got big singing. One might be surprised at some of the stuff he penned that were made big hits by others and by how long he’s been doing it.

That said, he’s just another entertainer world liberal, laughing all the way to the bank. I’ve often suspected that the whole “farm aid” thing was, like most of that stuff, just another scam.
Posted By: Jerryv Re: Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/17/24
Is he still working to pay off his tax bills?

Jerry
He's an easy pass.
Little Jimmy Dickens once said “I”m Willie, after taxes”…
Always thought Willie was one of the most over rated country music artists. I've never found entertainment from more than a couple of his songs.
I think Willy gonna be joining Waylon and Johnny before too long.
He’s had a long run, considering the condition his condition is in.
Originally Posted by Esox357
Fug that dope smoking POS.

Don't forget tax dodger....

You'd think he would be against spending that drives taxes up... But that would require detectable brain function.
Fugg him. Never liked that pos. Btw, The prick never could sing.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/17/24
On the Road Again,,
Posted By: Chisos Re: Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Is he still working to pay off his tax bills?

Jerry

Bunch of rich good ole boys saved Willie's a$$ when the IRS auctioned off a bunch of his property. They stuck together, lo-balled all the bids and deeded the stuff back to Willie when the auction was over.
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

That's not Willie, that's Kenny Rogers from when he was a member of The First Edition!

That said, I haven't been much of a fan of his since the early 80's. If not for Johnny Cash The Highwaymen would have been duds too.
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

That's not Willie, that's Kenny Rogers from when he was a member of The First Edition!

That said, I haven't been much of a fan of his since the early 80's. If not for Johnny Cash The Highwaymen would have been duds too.

I wasn’t attributing the origins to willie, I was just using it in a generalization of willies over all condition’. laugh
Posted By: rost495 Re: Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by Tminc
It ain't the cannabis,its the democrat in him that makes this dumass.
Oh. from what I can tell, the cannabis never helped either...like any drug or alcohol there are always results in the end.
Willie is a real good singer, but, he is a hell of a songwriter
Posted By: Rapier Re: Oh Willie, buyers remorse? - 03/18/24
A 100% drugstore cowboy that rides a nickel in the slot, horse at the super market. Can not believe folks ever fell for his stoner crap.
© 24hourcampfire