Home
Posted By: marzoom I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Dang, been a week now, kind of annoying but getting better.

Anybody else get this? How long till it goes away?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Only one?

Don't I wish.

grin

PS, you may want to get to the eye doc. Just a hint.
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
I get them at times when the background (walls, sky, etc) is uniformly light colored.

Dehydration can also be a factor.

Good luck, they are annoying.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
I've had a couple for years.
Posted By: Moto_Vita Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
I've had one for a year and a half.
Posted By: broomd Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Many, all of my life.
Catching a fly ball in center field was sometimes a challenge...
Posted By: tedthorn Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Several

They don't go away.......you just get used to them
Posted By: Dons99 Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Several

^^^ this
Any flashes or arc’s when you look left or right? If so, probably having a vitreous detachment. Usually not a serious issue. Just a result of aging.
Posted By: sidewinder72 Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
I have one eye that looks like a snow globe. Had it for years and they do not get better, only worse. My eye Doc ask if they bother me, I tell him I am kind of used to them now. If you turn your head to look, you would swear something run across where you are looking. But it did not, you just get used to it. Good luck because lots of people have floaters.
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
jfc
Posted By: Traveler52 Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
They never go away. Your brain learn to ignore them
Posted By: ribka Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
They’ll go away with diet
Posted By: Morewood Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Hate eye floaters
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]
Posted By: ol_mike Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by ribka
You mean I need to slim down to get rid of them?
Posted By: Craigster Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
jfc

JFC
Several

This.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
jfc

JFC
Jim Fitzgerald Conrad ,,, < yeah.
Posted By: callnum Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Ask eyeball, he use to work at Lense Crafter.
There’s several things that can cause it and some are more serious than others so make the dr appointment and get checked out. I ignored mine at first thinking I was young and it would go away. Turned out it was one of the first symptoms of my retina detaching and was irreversible, but I could have started medication earlier or had laser surgery to tack it down to stop it from progressing if I would have just gone in to get help.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Wish you all the best with your floaters.
I've had mine close to 30 years now. I use eye drops to keep the eye hydrated. Doctor said this would help.

I still have my floaters.

You should get checked by an eye doctor.

Take care.
Posted By: marzoom Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
I've had mine close to 30 years now. I use eye drops to keep the eye hydrated. Doctor said this would help.

Take care.

What is a doctor gonna do? Tell me to use eye drops? I already use eye drops since laser eye surgery.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Any flashes or arc’s when you look left or right? If so, probably having a vitreous detachment. Usually not a serious issue. Just a result of aging.

I'll add....

Unless the vitreous detachment tore the retina which is the cause of most retinal detachments, though vitreous detachment is a normal part of the aging process and USUALLY doesn't result in a tear or operculated hole or hole with vitreous traction.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Any retinal hole, tear or break that doesn't develop scarred down edges is subject to having liquefied vitreous seep under the retina and lift the inner layers of the retina from the outer, vascular supply which results in retinal atrophy and loss of sight.
I have a permanent and stationary "floater" in each eye. Seems a small void developed in
each eye and will be there forever. You eventually get somewhat used to it. Kinda like you
have a small knat or mosquito flying by that for a while you will swat at.
My 2 cents.
Posted By: bpas105 Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Other than occasionally thinking a mouse is running across the floor, you'll get used to them.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Mine, a couple little black ones, went away. The eye doc said they were no big deal, but bright sparkly ones are something else.

Funny thing was I could never “catch them”. Trying to look directly at them just made them float over further.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
I've had them twice in each eye, my doctor "shot" them with a laser....and they were gone. Just hear and feel a little "thump" with a very slight dull pain with each shot, that was it....Doc said I had a couple that would disappear 1 or 2 days later. almost like the "dust settling".

It was a quick and somewhat painless procedure.
Posted By: shaman Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
I was sitting in a meeting at work, watching a boring PowerPoint when I noticed a crab walking across the screen. I thought it was dirty glasses. After cleaning my glasses, it was still there. That was 2017. It's still crawling around in my left eye.

It's a glob of the mucosal lining of my left retina that broke free. It's not bothering anything. I've gotten used to it. It has dissolved slightly, but it is still as big as it was, just a bit less noticeable. In normal light, it's like I've got a wad of hair in my eyes.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by ribka
You mean I need to slim down to get rid of them?

Very low carb keto or carnivore plus exercise
Posted By: Valsdad Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by marzoom
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Take care.

What is a doctor gonna do? Tell me to use eye drops? I already use eye drops since laser eye surgery.
See jaguar's posts below.

It's why I, and a couple of other folks, mentioned getting to an eye dr.

If your retina is starting to have issues, you want to know as soon as possible. And even then nothing is guaranteed. You just might end up having the pleasure of getting a needle in the eye every 4-8 weeks, a very expensive injection, as I have to do to keep vision in that eye at 20/50 corrected.

Your choice. Could be nothing, could be worse....................ya pays your money and takes your chances.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
I go to an Ophthalmologist twice a year for full eye examine (pressure and retina), and he could see the floaters through his fancy eyeball machine. He never asked about my diet, made an appointment and shot them with a laser deal like a video game. That was 7 years ago, and just recently I have 1 floater that appears 2 times a week or so.

I had 3 or 4 in each eye prior to his treatment, and I have very good eye sight. But Jag certainly knows the particulars on procedures and causes, I'd defer to his knowledge and expertise in the field.
I've had "floaties" since I can remember, but nothing that persisted.
Posted By: victoro Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
In can be a symptom of a detaching retina. When I got a floater a few years ago I called my eye doc and he said to come in right now for an eye exam.
Posted By: RicG Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Had them for most of my life. As I recall, Dr. called them vitreous floaters. They don't go away.
Posted By: sparkman10mm Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by Dons99
Several

^^^ this
Yup

But I recommend seeing your ophthalmologist...
Posted By: P_Weed Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by Traveler52
They never go away. Your brain learns to ignore them.

Why would my brain start learning now?
Originally Posted by RicG
Had them for most of my life. As I recall, Dr. called them vitreous floaters. They don't go away.

yes they can
Posted By: earlybrd Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Had them for yrs
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Get checked by an eye doc. Could be nothing. Could be serious. Turned out mine was just a part of getting old. The film that held the fluid in place during my fetal development finally decided to separate from the inside wall. Apparently happens as we age. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to do about it. Learn to live with it.
Posted By: Ward Re: I have an eye floater - 03/18/24
Orion2000, that sounds like what happened to me recently. Doc called it a vitreous detachment and most times it goes unnoticed. Mine came with some bleeding that looked like a snowstorm in my eye. It has gradually gotten better. It scared me because there's a family history of detached retinas but that wasn't it and I'm good to go.
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: I have an eye floater - 03/19/24
Forget all of us internet doctors and go see an ophthalmologist. Learn from the experience of others: this could be serious or a minor inconvenience. Having suffered through 10 days laying flat on my stomach after a retinal detachment, not knowing whether I would see again, go to a doctor who can fix the problem while it is a small one, or tell you not to worry. I was lucky. I got all my vision back. Plenty of others are not so lucky. Why take the chance?
Posted By: marzoom Re: I have an eye floater - 03/19/24
Well it seems to be getting better everyday but glad to hear everyones experience with it. Thanks for the feedback.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: I have an eye floater - 03/19/24
I've had a couple for almost 40 years. You get used to them over time and begin to not notice them anymore.
Posted By: hanco Re: I have an eye floater - 03/19/24
My doc told me it was stress related
© 24hourcampfire