Home
Posted By: Alan_C Anybody eating Prunes ????? - 03/19/24
Started eating prunes a year ago. Have a few with meals and a couple before I go to sleep. 2lb bag is about $10 . I’m age 64 so it’s a great source of fiber.
I try to have one every night before bed.
As a kid, I liked them fresh out of the dehydrator. Benefit working at a prune dehydrator.

Reminder, not to eat too many,
Posted By: CCCC Re: Anybody eating Prunes ????? - 03/19/24
Yeah, I eat one once in a while. Good for me.

The occasional pack rats out here try to eat them too, but the pack rats die - because prunes are great bait in the traps.
Was Beavis and butthead that were fishing for old people with prunes on a hook? Seemed funny at the time.

Bb
Three every day and at 84 I can s hit like a coon!!
Posted By: Muffin Re: Anybody eating Prunes ????? - 03/19/24
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Three every day and at 84 I can s hit like a coon!!

I never had the desire to crap out of a tree!!!!

wink
No
You have to "dial-in" the quantity or....
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
KABLOOOF-OOH
Yup, I have loved eating them since I was a kid. Now that I am a big kid , I still eat them. One of my favorite fruits. Strangely enough I, do not like plums?
I bet if a company could make a Werthers Original flavored prune they'd take over the whole market.
Posted By: hanco Re: Anybody eating Prunes ????? - 03/19/24
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter

That made me laugh!!
Loved prunes since I was a kid. You definitely have to figure out your personal tolerance level. My wife mixes them in with softened vanilla ice cream then re-freezes, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Also, watch out as the pitted variety may not be.
They work too good if I eat them.
Posted By: smokepole Clicks for Rick - 03/19/24
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Started eating prunes a year ago. Have a few with meals and a couple before I go to sleep. 2lb bag is about $10 . I’m age 64 so it’s a great source of fiber.

Ho Lee Fùk. What brand of dentu-grip are you using and is Metamucil everything it's cracked up to be?
Al pastor burritos taste better.
I use prunes as a sweetener base to make cholate candy. Ingredients are prunes, dates, butter, unsweetened cholate, toasted walnuts and toasted oats.
Originally Posted by RHClark
I use prunes as a sweetener base to make cholate candy. Ingredients are prunes, dates, butter, unsweetened cholate, toasted walnuts and toasted oats.

Today's oats contain a herbicide similar to Roundup.
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by RHClark

Today's oats contain a herbicide similar to Roundup.

That's certainly a concern. Lots of grains have the same issue. I have just about quit eating oats because of it. That candy is a rare treat.
I like prunes but can't remember the last time I ate one.
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: Anybody eating Prunes ????? - 03/19/24
Big ol' prune with a dollop of peanut butter. Mmmm... Mmmmm
Originally Posted by Alan_C

Have some in the pantry

Try to eat 2-3 before bed time daily
Never give them to your dog, during a black out , or too many at work without a full change of clothes.
Seemed like there were always prunes in our kitchen and at grandma’s house when I was young. My grandma made a great prune cake and always had it on the table for the whole crowd. I still like and eat prunes today.
© 24hourcampfire