Home
Posted By: 5sdad Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
One can certainly see Tom Izzo's point about letting these teams from rinky-dink, irrelevant conferences into the tournament when it means leaving out deserving teams from the important, power conferences.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
Kentucky was vastly overrated. No way in hell they should have been a 3 seed.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
10 million a year sure doesn't buy what it used to.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
White boy on Oakland's team could flat out shoot.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
Calipari’s time is long past gone.

I was getting sick of his system after the first or second year and was finished as a UK fan after the kneeling crap.

I’m glad for the memory of the days when Patino could take a so so team with a couple of good players and make them into a “basketball team”.

Now I’m gonna go outside, sit on the porch and yell at anyone who passes by.
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
This year, he lost as a #3seed to a #13 seed;
Last year, he lost as a #6 seed in the second round;
In 2022, he lost as a #2seed in the first round;
In 2021, he went 9-16 and missed out on the Tourney entirely.
Originally Posted by auk1124
Kentucky was vastly overrated. No way in hell they should have been a 3 seed.

Agree 100%

Was a 3 because of the name only
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: KFWA Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
welp, just like my weekend was free in the SEC Tournament,

I now have 3 weekends free for the NCAA tournament

phug Calipari
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
John Calipari’s days at UK are numbered.

Ron
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
You could be Tony Bennett from Virginia.
Originally Posted by IZH27
I’m glad for the memory of the days when Patino could take a so so team with a couple of good players and make them into a “basketball team”.

I suspect that Pitino running a whorehouse on college campus probably doesn't sound like such a bad deal to the UK faithful this morning.
Caliparis buyout is almost 35 million. He has a lifetime contract.

I don't think the money will be a problem, but who is blue nation going to replace him with?
Posted By: Teal Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
Between Kate Middleton and Calipari - been a hell of a month for UK disappearing acts.
Posted By: bluffview Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
I agree that KY was overrated. Still, I thought they could have won a first-round game. Next year I'm just paying my money and not turning in any picks. Lol, j/k.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

I don't think the money will be a problem, but who is blue nation going to replace him with?

I think that's the real issue. Big Blue doesn't tolerate mediocrity very well, and shìtting the bed for four straight seasons should be enough. But I think they're scared of ending up with another Billy Clyde Gillispie.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
Go Iowa State
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by IZH27

I suspect that Pitino running a whorehouse on college campus probably doesn't sound like such a bad deal to the UK faithful this morning.

lol. They are all effed up messes at that level. That dude was a real coach and definitely had no good ability to promote himself.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24

I think that's the real issue. Big Blue doesn't tolerate mediocrity very well, and shìtting the bed for four straight seasons should be enough. But I think they're scared of ending up with another Billy Clyde Gillispie.

At this point, Billy Clyde looks good. We could dig up Rupps bones and put them on the bench, and they could do a better job coaching than Calipari has done lately.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by bluffview
I agree that KY was overrated. Still, I thought they could have won a first-round game. Next year I'm just paying my money and not turning in any picks. Lol, j/k.
Somebody go yank on Bristoe's chain... 😛🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: bluffview Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by bluffview
Somebody go yank on Bristoe's chain... 😛🤣🤣🤣

Have a friend from KY married a local girl when they were in the Navy. I'll let him know what I think of his Widlcats.
When, and who does Iowa Ste play next?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
When, and who does Iowa Ste play next?

They play Washington State on Saturday.
Thank you.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Oakland 80 Kentucky 76 - 03/22/24

probably try Jay Wright and Brad Stevens. They'll likely say no, then they'll try Scott Drew. He'll probably say no.

after that its the FAU coach, Bruce Pearl, maybe a few others.
© 24hourcampfire