Home
What polls are honest ?
The ones that tend to confirm our own bias
None of them.
They ALL rely on the honesty of the peoples, so...........
Polls, all of them, are designed to shape public opinion, not to reflect it.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
None of them.

+1. Even if they're done well they don't reflect who's gonna show up and vote.
NONE!
Does it matter?

Regardless of the polls - go out and vote and vote red. All there is too it - don't let the noise of polls/pundits and (likely) lawyers get you off that task.

Go vote.
Over the years Rasmussen seems to get it fairly well.
Pew Research had an interesting piece on poll accuracy a while back. One of the main drivers of what I call 'bad info' is the steady decline of people who will participate in the poll. Busy people do not participate...which brings up all kinds of questions...are they working people? Do those who do participate fit in a category of stay at homes, retirees, soap opera day tv watchers (maybe on the govt dole)? One thing researchers noted, those who willingly participate are community spirited volunteers, raising a whole other set of questions. What demographics have a landline anymore? For pollsters to access cell phones, the numbers, by law, must be manually dialed....so cell polling is time consuming and expensive.
If I were to have to condense the whole article, it sounds like polling is inaccurate and getting worse every year.
Originally Posted by steve4102

Nailed it!
Don't believe any of the polls. Act like a demoRat. Vote early and often.
I have never been polled and don't know of anyone who has, where do they come up with this stuff?
None.

I lie on those all the time.
NONE I don't pay attention to polls.
Originally Posted by steve4102

Yep
Q
© 24hourcampfire