Home
Posted By: BFaucett Tractor Wars - 03/25/24
'
I found this to be quite interesting. smile

Tractor Wars
video posted to YouTube on Feb 26, 2024

"For thousands of years, farming was driven by the muscle of either animals or humans. With the invention of the steam engine, industrialists brought steam power to farms. The inventions of the reaper and steel plow began a rush to mechanize farming. In the early 20th century, hundreds of companies were experimenting with vehicles to bring power farming to agriculture. By 1929, Deere, Ford and International Harvester were among the few dozen companies that remained, but the tractor form we recognize today had finally emerged and began rapidly replacing muscle as the primary source of power on the farm."

YouTube channel: Iowa PBS
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Tractor Wars - 03/25/24
That was interesting. Thanks for posting.

If you like technical stuff like that, check out this one.
At the end of the video, they always show a list of others you might find of interest. There was one on this tractor video that's VERY interesting - all about blue LED's. For 30 years, the color blue had eluded them. Without blue, you could only get red and yellow, mixed to make green. Blue would allow an infinite range of other colors, including white. Without white, no LED room lighting was possible. You couldn't get beyond traffic lights and dashboard lights. It's about how a Japanese kid spent many years working on the problem and how he solved it. 33 minutes long

Posted By: cisco1 Re: Tractor Wars - 03/25/24
Very interesting.
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Tractor Wars - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by cisco1
Very interesting.

[Linked Image from cloudynights.com] smile
Posted By: Redneck Re: Tractor Wars - 03/25/24
I watched that a few days ago... Very interesting video.. I'm glad you posted that.. smile
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Tractor Wars - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by Redneck
I watched that a few days ago... Very interesting video.. I'm glad you posted that.. smile

Thanks. smile
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tractor Wars - 03/25/24
My youtube algorithms have been absolutely pestering me to watch this

Now it’s followed me here

😭🤯
© 24hourcampfire