Home
[Linked Image from d3k81ch9hvuctc.cloudfront.net]

Defiance Machine is thrilled to announce the availability of a NEW TITANIUM lightweight action. At the heart of this new action is solid proof that we are listening to our customers.

The most common question we get is, “Does Defiance make a titanium action?” Until today the answer was no. In lightweight actions, shooters use our anTi-X, which is the lightest stainless steel action on the planet, but none of our actions were made with Titanium. Until now.

Introducing the Ti-X! Using aerospace grade titanium in the receiver, the result is a Long Action that weighs 18.1 ounces. That is right! A LONG Action that weighs less than any long action available and is lighter than all but a few short actions.
The even better news is that we are soon making available the Ti-X in Short and Medium lengths. The weights for the shorter actions are nearly confirmed but with a Long Action weighing is an 18.1 ounces, these shorter versions are expected to practically float.

Defiance continues to listen to the feedback. We have several new products in development with even more exciting firsts for Defiance. Founded in 2009, Defiance Machine, uses bench rest level precision as the foundational performance goal for all actions regardless of intended purpose.

With a heart firmly based in the highest levels of precision and performance, we developed several action models for hunting, tactical and competition.

Here's more info:

https://defiancemachine.com/actions...RnQL5A2wpVHHQG4kKKq2WhX6OI2kKwfyo.UCUEbq
Thought for sure this was an April fools joke until I looked at the price.

That’s no laughing matter.
18 oz ... whistle

Wonder what the XM and shorty weigh.
That looks like it may have a lot of flex.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Thought for sure this was an April fools joke until I looked at the price.

That’s no laughing matter.

That’s steep.

Was just discussing with the ‘horn my need for a flyweight 22CM.
Man, they don't give them away.
Price ain’t bad

For a super custom titanium action
Shameless plug.
Quality things made out of titanium are expensive. When it comes to guns the only thing that is affordable are Taurus revolvers. Used magnum J-frame type about $350, not sure these are really Ti, but they are light weight.
2000 action/trigger
1000 proof carbon barrel
1000 stock w/bottom metal
1000 gunsmith
-------
5000K not that bad.
18 oz is pretty light and $2k isnt too bad for what it is. It appears they shaved off as much metal as possible to help in that regard. Titanium is pretty ‘springy’ though. One has to wonder about flex. Anybody want to run an FEA on it?
Not really interested, I’m invested in the Kimber 84/8400 and Winchester Model 70 action types.
'
I'd rather have my Defiance Classic at 20.2 oz for $900
Awesome for them, but I thought they decided that it wasn't worth the cost/value and that's why they came out with the anTi.
I’d like to have a .30-06 Mountain Rifle built on one of these.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
18 oz is pretty light and $2k isnt too bad for what it is. It appears they shaved off as much metal as possible to help in that regard. Titanium is pretty ‘springy’ though. One has to wonder about flex. Anybody want to run an FEA on it?

Negative. Shave those ugly azz pic rails off the top... No way I can mount a straight tube optic on a pic rail as low as I can with a set of Talley one piece Ex-Low's...
Looks nice, but is more than I could afford.
Titanium wears fast and uneven. Make a great hunting action, not so BR.
I have four Defiance receivers, Tenacity (2), Ruckus GA Hunter and Ruckus Tactical, and I'm happy with all of them. However, their prices are just too high and getting worse, I think my last will be my last, Impact looks to be a better option and then you have Aero Precision at under $900 (and a complete rig for $1,600 - with an AG stock - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026375876?pid=456578).

If I buy another, it will be Terminus Zeus or a BAT if going premium or an Aero on the bargain side. You simply can not beat this Aero price for a full rifle with good components, for the price of a receiver only at Defiance.

I really think management at Defiance is misguided and does not bode well for the future of the company.
© 24hourcampfire