Home
Posted By: Swampman700 Paying Taxes - 04/03/24
I think it’s our civic duty to avoid paying taxes. If rich people can legally avoid paying them, I’m tickled for them.

I just sent the IRS a check for more than my first brand new house cost. More than our entire combined annual Social Security income.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Paying Taxes - 04/03/24
I here ya brutha
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Paying Taxes - 04/03/24
Personally...

I believe in gang raping the IRS.

Y'all should pay...

Thanks in advance...

Biden need yo cash.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Paying Taxes - 04/03/24
Learn to live off loans
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Paying Taxes - 04/03/24
Just came from the tax preparer . Will send off tomorrow. Looking forward to starting a gun project. Spring is here!!
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Paying Taxes - 04/03/24
Originally Posted by Swampman700
More than our entire combined annual Social Security income.

If so, you’ve omitted several details,

Taxes more than income?

RMD’s?
Posted By: WMR Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
I think it’s our civic duty to avoid paying taxes. If rich people can legally avoid paying them, I’m tickled for them.

I just sent the IRS a check for more than my first brand new house cost. More than our entire combined annual Social Security income.

Congratulations. Must have been a good income year for you.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
Estimated 200K. I'm about to walk out.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
It is pretty amazing that we continue to be abused by this government, yet we continue to fund them.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
It is pretty amazing that we continue to be abused by this government, yet we continue to fund them.

It’s called bail money in order to stay out of jail.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24

Let me guess, sell some investment property?
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
Originally Posted by Calvin

Let me guess, sell some investment property?
That's what popped into my brain too.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
My effective tax rate between state and fed was 30.2%.

I’m not getting value for money paid.

Edit to add, not counting the $7k I spent in property tax.

All so my state will fly abortion-seekers in from others states on my fookin dime.

P
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
No just tax on adjusted gross income.
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
Ouch

A fine for doing the right thing.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
And with the the national dept being One Trillion in interest alone we will never see the light of day or any reprieve.
Posted By: WMR Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
My effective tax rate between state and fed was 30.2%.

I’m not getting value for money paid.

Edit to add, not counting the $7k I spent in property tax.

All so my state will fly abortion-seekers in from others states on my fookin dime.

P

Effective Tax Rate or Marginal Tax Rate? If the former, then you must have made a shipload of money. Congratulations.

Plus, I thought you Oregonians got state bennies up the wazoo. So there’s that. 🫤
Posted By: EdM Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
We submitted our "package" to our CPA a couple of weeks ago. With our first ROTH conversion in the mix we shall see.
Posted By: ronwethington Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
Sold part,of a farm bought in ‘79 when it was $2K and some more from ‘12 when it was $7.5 K. Received 15% dowN and financed the rest for 15 years. Capital Gain sucks!
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
I can't believe people can afford to quit working. Our income tax isn't terrible besides it just gets pizzed away. Property taxes are out of control, we sold our waterfront home in Florida to get away from the taxes and insurance. It's sad when you can't afford to keep something that was given to you. My wife is facing the same deal on her 4th generation family farm on Grindstone Island in NY. Taxes suck.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24

I did the same earlier this week.

It’s comforting to know that my money is totally wasted on “people” who contribute nothing and only take.
Posted By: RHOD Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
Originally Posted by WMR
Effective Tax Rate or Marginal Tax Rate? If the former, then you must have made a shipload of money. Congratulations.

Plus, I thought you Oregonians got state bennies up the wazoo. So there’s that. 🫤

Some of these post sound like the are complaining about taxes as a way to brag about how much money they made.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
Originally Posted by EdM
We submitted our "package" to our CPA a couple of weeks ago. With our first ROTH conversion in the mix we shall see.

That is interesting...

Back in the 80s... I presented my "package" to Beth of the Tri Deltas...

Them sorority gals do love them some schnitzengruben.

IIRC... none of them was named ROTH.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Paying Taxes - 04/04/24
Back in March
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Paying Taxes - 04/08/24
Taxation is theft
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Paying Taxes - 04/08/24
We’ll find out this Tuesday. Hopefully we come out not having to pay more than what has been taken from us. We had a lot of changes this last year and the damned tax codes are written such that nobody can be sure without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a tax attorney. We got a nasty surprise when we had to pay a bunch additional last year. Bastards take about 40% of my gross income when it’s all said and done. And no, we’re not rich.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Paying Taxes - 04/08/24
I would love to have to pay the IRS a million dollars in tax one day!
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Paying Taxes - 04/08/24
Originally Posted by Sako76
I would love to have to pay the IRS a million dollars in tax one day!
Taylor Swift is single !!!!!!!! Can you shake it off ??
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Paying Taxes - 04/08/24
Set up a 501(c)(3) non-profit offshore charity foundation. Send 50% to 100% of your AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) into the charity. Then you have control on how the funds will be dispersed. Beats the hell out of handing it all to the Federal Welfare System.
Posted By: Mohall57 Re: Paying Taxes - 04/08/24
Second plank of Karl Marks communists manifesto, third abolition of private property
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Paying Taxes - 04/08/24
Yep taxes do suck. One should always add up ALL your taxes and see what you really pay. Federal and State income, FICA, Medicare, personal property, etc. You are lucky if you get to keep 50% of what you make.
© 24hourcampfire