Home
"No Major Impacts" Reported After Earthquake Rattles New York City

"New York City just felt the impacts of a 4.8 magnitude earthquake with an epicenter of Lebanon, New Jersey," NYC Mayor Eric Adams' press secretary, Fabien Levy, wrote on X.

Zero Hedge - Lots of Tweets Here
My wife said the house was shaking pretty good,but not enough to knock anything off the shelves or cause any damage I can see.I checked the basement/ foundation when I got home,I can't find anything.
I was driving,and,with our crappy roads,didn't feel a thing.
Fanny Willis slipped and fell down in Atlanta - just aftershocks in NYC.

Wait, wait - breaking news - now they say it was just the gals in The View all shifting their chairs at the same time.
Didn’t feel too bad, I’m in Manhattan, just a little shake, at least for me.
For the guys up in Alaska this was just a little fart
If the house is a rockin', don't come knockin'
Left Coast Loser's Club laughs at New York's mini tremor!
My goodness. Had to scoop RAM?

It’s not even your part of the country. What is this “we” stuff? No honor among the 24 hour newshounds???
There was a little 4.8 shaker near Belden Ca last evening which isn’t far from my mountain cabin. Barbecuing on the deck and suddenly felt like I was surfing. You could hear it coming.
Originally Posted by CCCC

Wait, wait - breaking news - now they say it was just the gals in The View all shifting their chairs at the same time.

They must of all had Chimichangas for lunch.
Originally Posted by Futura

Or a bunch of fake orgasms!
Felt it pretty good where I live. Unusual occurrence for sure!
The earthquake was not

1. A sign from God
2. The result of climate change

The earthquake was

1. A cyberattack where unknown operatives steered a container ship into a fault line

Good ones!
Originally Posted by BamBam
For the guys up in Alaska this was just a little fart

grin Same for the people in Southern Calif. smile

L.W.
Originally Posted by Teal
The earthquake was not

1. A sign from God
2. The result of climate change

The earthquake was

1. A cyberattack where unknown operatives steered a container ship into a fault line

Or blame oil and gas fracking.
Was hoping for a 10 magnitude.
[quote=Mr_TooDogs]Was hoping for a 10 magnitude.[/quote

And I was hoping your house exploded with you in it.
That's mean RS
When you feel something, but only realize later it was a small earthquake, that's called "aftershock."
Man, you east coasters get all worked up about that tiny little shake?
All the news coverage, you'd think it was a big deal.
4.8 quake? Hell, me farts have more of a rumble then that…..
Originally Posted by RUM7

It's all relative. We laugh at southern states when they get 2 inches of snow and have to shut down everything. They think they'll be trapped in their houses for days.

The little rattle was a cool experience but I don't know anyone getting all worked up about it. Although, I imagine the news casts are probably embellishing.

The only ones I see getting worked up about this quake are the left coasters commenting on this thread.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
That's mean RS

Well, so is hoping for death and destruction for thousands of people.
It's too damn bad the whole city didn't slide into the ocean. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a bigger one. The rest of us would be better off with all those fuucking communists at the bottom of the ocean.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS -------------Rio7
Originally Posted by RS308MX

It's all relative. We laugh at southern states when they get 2 inches of snow and have to shut down everything. They think they'll be trapped in their houses for days.

The little rattle was a cool experience but I don't know anyone getting all worked up about it. Although, I imagine the news casts are probably embellishing.

Lol so true!
Originally Posted by Pat85

The only ones I see getting worked up about this quake are the left coasters commenting on this thread.

Excellent!! 👍👍
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Originally Posted by Futura

Or a bunch of fake orgasms!
'
You thought about pfukkin' her, didn't you ?
You Freudian devil, you.

smile

In other news, 12 million Easterners are still hiding under desks and tables waiting for rescue.

LOL
Everything is always so much worse when it happens on the East Coast! Rain, snow, heat, cold - even when it’s identical to what other places have; it’s just horrible when it’s there. A 4.8 quake 50 miles away would be barely noticeable. A heavy truck rumbling by would shake you just as hard.
[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]
© 24hourcampfire