Home
Posted By: stxhunter trigger thumb - 04/05/24
It started last night, sucks, must be from hand-sanding knives.
Posted By: bkraft Re: trigger thumb - 04/05/24
Might be gout. Knew a guy got it in the joint of the thumb, hand swelled darn near to the elbow.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: trigger thumb - 04/05/24
Prayers, Rog
Posted By: stxhunter Re: trigger thumb - 04/05/24
Feels like the pinky is starting to develop it also, glad I finally broke down and got insurance.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: trigger thumb - 04/05/24
I’ve had five trigger fingers that eventually led to release surgeries, one was for the right thumb.

Try to rest it, use a little ice to settle down the inflammation at the “pulley”. If it doesn’t go away the first thing they’ll normally try is a steroid injection into the pulley. Even with a local it SMARTS 😬 but that usually helps for a while. After two or three, a surgical release is the next step but that’s a piece of cake.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: trigger thumb - 04/05/24
Had that problem.....long ago!

You have a tendon that runs the length of you thumb. There are guides (like eyes on a fishing rod) that keeps that tendon in place. The tendon gets a "knot" (?) in it. When the knot pops through that "eyelet", it hurts like blue blazes!
Had the condition in my right thumb. I dealt with it for about a year.
In a normal day, the inconvenience of the thumb locking up was no biggie.
As it progressed, the pain got worse as the "knot" passed back and forth.
Then, the dang thing got to where it woke me up at night!
We're talking multiple times a night!

Dr. T. Howard MD (ret) at McBride Orthopedic Hospital in Edmond, OK fixed it right up.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: trigger thumb - 04/05/24
I've had shots in the bottom of the foot for plantar fasciitis and they didn't bother me at all.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: trigger thumb - 04/05/24
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I’ve had five trigger fingers that eventually led to release surgeries, one was for the right thumb.

Try to rest it, use a little ice to settle down the inflammation at the “pulley”. If it doesn’t go away the first thing they’ll normally try is a steroid injection into the pulley. Even with a local it SMARTS 😬 but that usually helps for a while. After two or three, a surgical release is the next step but that’s a piece of cake.

Dr. Howard offered me injections. Told him, "No way!"
Though the shots may reduce the discomfort, IT WILL RETURN!
I chose to do the surgery! Once and done!
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: trigger thumb - 04/05/24
My bird finger and right thumb had it. Insurance required the shots come first. The thumb took two shots and the middle finger took only one. Hasn't returned yet. RZ.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: trigger thumb - 04/05/24
Originally Posted by bkraft
Might be gout. Knew a guy got it in the joint of the thumb, hand swelled darn near to the elbow.

Trigger toe is a sign of depression, or tranny regret.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
hell, first my thumb and pinky, and now the middle finger, all on my right hand.
Posted By: Featherweight6555 Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
Had trigger finger in my left hand middle finger. It hurts a and also makes for some interesting sounds when playing guitar. grin
Posted By: dale06 Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
Interesting, I developed trigger thumb on my left thumb, about two months ago. I attributed it to my shooting a heavy draw weight compound bow, frequently. Dr said let it ride a while and if it doesn’t get better, surgery. But it’s gotten a lot better the past 10 days. Hope that continues.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
Had it and the doctor said the best cure was to soak it in cider, or was it soak it inside her. Anyway, it worked.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
My bird finger and right thumb had it. Insurance required the shots come first. The thumb took two shots and the middle finger took only one. Hasn't returned yet. RZ.

That must had made driving difficult.......
Posted By: okie Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
https://beaumontmetalworks.com/kmg-belt-grinder-packages/

Here ya go Rog...
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
Had it on the two inside fingers on my left hand for a couple years.
They would stick and need moved manually. Never told the Doc, they would have wanted to do [bleep] that was more inconvenient than a sticky, sore finger.
Eventually, it went away.

54, mild health issues, go to the doc regular.
I've learned to not tell them what's wrong unless it's really wrong.
Their goofing around is harder on me than the ailment.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've had shots in the bottom of the foot for plantar fasciitis and they didn't bother me at all.
I had that done many years back and put my fist through the wall
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I had that done many years back and put my fist through the wall
lol, I drove 600 miles home with a broken and dislocated collar bone, got home, and just took it easy for 3 weeks, no Dr and no hospital.
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
Originally Posted by okie
Dammit Dana... You're costing me money...
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Yup I'm saving up for one, found an 8x18 precision grinder on FB marketplace for a 1000 but it will have to wait, I have more important stuff to take care of first.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
The last two trigger fingers I had on my left hand got so bad that there were times when I couldn’t put something down or let go. It pi$$ed me off the worst when I was loading ammo and I’d drop cases when taking them through the different steps.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
The last two trigger fingers I had on my left hand got so bad that there were times when I couldn’t put something down or let go. It pi$$ed me off the worst when I was loading ammo and I’d drop cases when taking them through the different steps.
I had a hard time baiting a hook this morning.
Posted By: okie Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
grin
Posted By: viking Re: trigger thumb - 04/07/24
Soak it cid-her.🤣
© 24hourcampfire