Home
Posted By: BOBBALEE Speer - 04/09/24
Posted By: LBP Re: Speer - 04/09/24
I wish they’d crank out some 75 gr Gold Dot component bullets!
Posted By: Garandimal Re: Speer - 04/09/24
Shoot primarily Speer Grand Slams in the .270Win and 6.5x55mm, and Hot Cor in the 9.3x62mm.

No complaints.

GR
Posted By: Stammster Re: Speer - 04/09/24
https://www.axios.com/2024/03/25/ammo-maker-vista-outdoors-takeover-offer
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Speer - 04/09/24
Speer makes good schit👍
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Speer - 04/09/24
Nice to see Speer’s top priority is supplying our tyrannical Government, The IRS, the ATF, the FBI, the USPS, etc. first, while we are sucking hind tit and can’t get ammo or components.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Speer - 04/09/24
I heard it was being brought out by a foreign company. He never addressed ownership.

I have used Federal products in the past.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Speer - 04/10/24
Gee...thanks for the pep talk Jason.

Did you get the business sold to some scum bag vulture capitalists yet?
Posted By: Strop10 Re: Speer - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by steve4102
Nice to see Speer’s top priority is supplying our tyrannical Government, The IRS, the ATF, the FBI, the USPS, etc. first, while we are sucking hind tit and can’t get ammo or components.

Bingo
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Speer - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Shoot primarily Speer Grand Slams in the .270Win and 6.5x55mm, and Hot Cor in the 9.3x62mm.

No complaints.

GR

Boom flopped a bull elk this past season with those 270 grain hot cors out of my 9.3 x62. I mean DRT !!!
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Speer - 04/10/24

Yeah, rah rah rah. Jason sure wraps himself up in the flag and Second Amendment. The big money is government contracts. The rest of us? Primers at $100 a brick - if you can find them. Ammo scarcity because government is #1. Powder from essentially one distributor. Sadly, with consolations and buyouts, no competition gives ol’ Jas the freedom to stick it in and break it off. Rah rah rah.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Speer - 04/10/24
I load and hunt with Speer bullets more than any other brand. They work well for me. Accurate and kill what I shoot.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Speer - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Boom flopped a bull elk this past season with those 270 grain hot cors out of my 9.3 x62. I mean DRT !!!

Was it the arrow or the Indian?
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Yeah, rah rah rah. Jason sure wraps himself up in the flag and Second Amendment. The big money is government contracts. The rest of us? Primers at $100 a brick - if you can find them. Ammo scarcity because government is #1. Powder from essentially one distributor. Sadly, with consolations and buyouts, no competition gives ol’ Jas the freedom to stick it in and break it off. Rah rah rah.

Most people like the faux 2A support thing.
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Speer - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by Strop10
Most people like the faux 2A support thing.

Some of us see through bullshit.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Speer - 04/10/24
His messages often strike me wrong. Read the messages they put out to their shareholders about their increased ability to keep prices high etc. He talks about the 2nd amendment and then says his priority is those who will likely take it from us. Saying they support the police would have been sufficient. Jason often seems like an arrogant tool. Always trying to set everyone straight. Tone deaf wrong approach.

Bb
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Speer - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

😊😊😊😊
Posted By: gunzo Re: Speer - 04/10/24
What internet malarky was he addressing?

The buy out, shortages, price gouging, hoarding by the company,,, what.

A lot of companies, but most Speer bullets have been unobtainable since Obama. What was his freakin point?
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
His messages often strike me wrong. Read the messages they put out to their shareholders about their increased ability to keep prices high etc. He talks about the 2nd amendment and then says his priority is those who will likely take it from us. Saying they support the police would have been sufficient. Jason often seems like an arrogant tool. Always trying to set everyone straight. Tone deaf wring approach.

Bb

Supporting those who seek to destroy the 2A is popular with the very large crowd that simultaneously sport Thin Blue Line and Gadsden Flag paraphernalia.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Speer - 04/10/24
There are many industries that are Necessary to maintain National Security & Defense. Arms, Medicine, Building Materials, Farming/Ranching, Food Production/Equipment, Heavy Machinery, Electronics/Communications, Energy Production/Utilities/Grid, Ports, etc.

No major American companies in these fields should be allowed to sell to foreign entities, and it doesn't matter if their country is an 'ally', as those agreements are subject to change.
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
There are many industries that are Necessary to maintain National Security & Defense. Arms, Medicine, Building Materials, Farming/Ranching, Food Production/Equipment, Heavy Machinery, Electronics/Communications, Energy Production/Utilities/Grid, Ports, etc.

No major American companies in these fields should be allowed to sell to foreign entities, and it doesn't matter if their country is an 'ally', as those agreements are subject to change.

What difference does it make if a firearms company is US owned? The average firearms related business head is much more apt to be like William B. Ruger than Paul Buffoni.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/x...ncels-contract-with-milwaukee-pd.199334/
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Speer - 04/10/24
When I started reloading (1973) Hornady was for paper punchers. They just didn't perform on game.
Speer was for beginners. They weren't that accurate and didn't perform THAT well on game!
Sierra provided a product that was about as accurate as it could get and performed flawlessly on game.
My "mentor" started me on Sierra. I've used some other brands over the years, but first serious work, I go back t9 Sierra.

...and I have OFS!
Posted By: tdoyka Re: Speer - 04/10/24
i use Speer's 170gr Semi SP for my 8x57 and 150gr RN for my 30 Remington.
Posted By: slowr1der Re: Speer - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
His messages often strike me wrong. Read the messages they put out to their shareholders about their increased ability to keep prices high etc. He talks about the 2nd amendment and then says his priority is those who will likely take it from us. Saying they support the police would have been sufficient. Jason often seems like an arrogant tool. Always trying to set everyone straight. Tone deaf wring approach.

Bb
This is exactly what I got from this video.
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Speer - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
When I started reloading (1973) Hornady was for paper punchers. They just didn't perform on game.
Speer was for beginners. They weren't that accurate and didn't perform THAT well on game!
Sierra provided a product that was about as accurate as it could get and performed flawlessly on game.
My "mentor" started me on Sierra. I've used some other brands over the years, but first serious work, I go back t9 Sierra.

...and I have OFS!
Not sure what world you started reloading in. Nothing makes sense.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Speer - 04/10/24

Indian.

I can't recall the last. box of Speer I bought. I do know the FIRST box I ever bought were Speer 6mm 90 FMJ bullets.

Sierra game king line though has to be the biggest junk design ever. I"ve seen more erratic results from them that we just quit them period. Won't even try to try them again. The match king line is more reliable than the game king line. That said have shot a load of match kings downrange in competition over the years.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Speer - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by rost495

Indian.

I can't recall the last. box of Speer I bought. I do know the FIRST box I ever bought were Speer 6mm 90 FMJ bullets.

Sierra game king line though has to be the biggest junk design ever. I"ve seen more erratic results from them that we just quit them period. Won't even try to try them again. The match king line is more reliable than the game king line. That said have shot a load of match kings downrange in competition over the years.
By “erratic results” are you referring to accuracy, or performance on game?
Posted By: Calvin Re: Speer - 04/10/24
Game kings are typically bombs on even thin-skinned game like deer in my experience.

Sierra Game King isn't worth a consideration in my opinion for hunting considering the options available.
Posted By: 2five7 Re: Speer - 04/10/24
In 2014 this guy told me to my face that they were keeping 22 LR production low, in order to keep prices high. I'm sure that surprises nobody. He also promised a case of 22 LR as a tip for my buddy that guided him on that trip, he's still waiting lol. So take what he says with a massive grain of salt.
© 24hourcampfire