Home
Posted By: wabigoon Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
My right eye is gritty, what can I do about it?
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Flush with water under the water spigot
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Remove eyeball with a spoon. Problem solved.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Wal-Mart
Pharmacy area

OCuSOFT
lid scrub
eyelid cleanser

Use one every morning.
Instant relief.

Per my optometrist, as we age (I'm 73) our eyeball begins to lose it's "roundness". The eyelid doesn't cover the eyeball completely and air drys out the eyeball. Causes "gritty eye" sensation.
These "lid cleansers" work great!
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Systane drops might help.

These were recommended by my Opthamologist.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Thanks all
Posted By: softailrider Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Lid Scrub really does work. Barring that, a washcloth dipped in warm soapy water also works
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Yer dehydrated, drink more water.
Posted By: add Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
00 steel wool dipped in mineral spirits.

Dab lightly.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
MAP torch amd an awl.
Posted By: 673 Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Its probably a Tumor.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Conjunctivitis from not washing your hands, scratching your ass, wearing same old man cat pee smelling clothes for two weeks.
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
WD-40
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Your supposed to wear glasses when you look at the Eclipse!
Posted By: hanco Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Get some liquid tears. My eye doctor told me just because you have tears, doesn’t mean they aren’t dry. Your body isn’t making enough oil that lubes your eyes. Mine was right more than the left. Liquid tears, not some cheap cshit. Keep it in your pocket, use at least 3 times a day. Good luck, that be good for everyone she said!!
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
I have the same issue. Most of the recommendations of eye doctors that have been mentioned here work pretty well. I use a warm wet washcloth compress particularly first thing in the morning. B&L eye wash is good as are artificial tears and the OcuSoft wipes. IMO, the wipes are more expensive than they're worth. I tried a different brand, but found them irritating. It's a good idea to routinely pack some of this when outdoors, especially when shooting. Dry conditions and especially wind mess with your eyes when shooting.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Was this a serious question?
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
🤦‍♂️
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Was this a serious question?

He knew he needed to put the leeches back on the whole time.
Posted By: victoro Re: Gritty eyes? - 04/10/24
Both my eyes feel like they have grit in them sometimes. I use Thera Tears for some relief in the morning when I first wake up and at night when I go to bed. If I'm outside and it's windy I use it during the day also. My eye Doctor told me several years ago that the surfaces of my eyeballs were rough from years of wear and tear. That roughness irritates the inside of my eye lids causing the pain. He recommended Oasis eye drops and gave me some samples. They worked ok but are real expensive. Thera Tears are much cheaper and works just as well for me.

I tried many brands of eye before I settled on Thera Tears. If an eye drop burns your eyes keep looking until you find an eye drop that doesn't burn.

GOOD LUCK!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Gritty eyes? - 05/02/24
[Linked Image from 4.bp.blogspot.com]
© 24hourcampfire