Home

Talk about a family working together.... screaming mom runs toward bear distracting it from dog, dog distracts bear from mom, brother pushes sister inside.... dad comes out and out bears the bear.... Cool family.
She could shatter glass with that shriek
Yep, he postured like he was a menace to the bear, and the bear believed him.
The woman didn't run away though...
They worked real good together. Lucky no one was injured.

This 17 year old was all in to protect her dogs too eek I'm glad all she got was a sprained finger....
It is evident that neither that family or anyone thinking that family did the right thing, has obviously never been around bears before…
curmudgeon much?
That was hilarious. Good one.
Originally Posted by shrapnel
It is evident that neither that family or anyone thinking that family did the right thing, has obviously never been around bears before…

Shrapnel,
Would you please explain and expound on that statement.
Originally Posted by CRS

Shrapnel,
Would you please explain and expound on that statement.

At the risk of family life and limb, they try to save a dog that could easily out maneuver a bear in such tight quarters. The dog had already exhibited that by staying clear of the bear.

Enter the wife and husband screaming and posturing like some alpha predator to another alpha predator is purely luck that he didn’t get mauled or bitten.

I have been around bears my entire life and would not risk myself or my family to rescue a dog that isn’t in any certain danger and worst case would be a mauled or bitten dog which is not as bad as a family member being mauled or bitten.
Chasing the bear, going away from your safe space (twice), can’t be a very good idea.
Fight or flight. Everything happened quickly and the family instinctively fought.

It was a Florida bear, let's not confuse it with bears from other states (I live in FL, see bears more than I would have thought, they need to reopen the season, overpopulated in some areas).
Originally Posted by 257Bob

It was a Florida bear, let's not confuse it with bears from other states (I live in FL, see bears more than I would have thought, they need to reopen the season, overpopulated in some areas).

So Florida bears don’t have teeth or claws?
Once you watch a bear dig out a stump in 3 minutes to eat a mouthful of grubs, dig a 3 yard hole for a gopher or run up a treeon it's toenails.....you'll have a bit more respect.
I called the park service in Yellowstone and they reported 8/10 tourists mauled in the Park were from Florida…
I called the park service in Yellowstone and they reported 8/10 tourists mauled in the Park were from Florida…

LOL, Already starting to see Florida plates here in the Black Hills.

Thanks for the explanation, just curious as to your thought process.
It didn't seem like the dog needed any help, he was ahead the whole time.
That bear would have died from a lethal injection from a 1911 here.
The gal pushing that bear off the fence is Lucky the bear didn't swipe her head and take off her face or break her neck.

Bears not much bigger than that can break a cows neck when it comes to save a calf.
© 24hourcampfire