Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck They'll lose this law suit - 04/11/24
New York - a family was traveling to see the eclipse. Mom and a couple kids were riding the travel trailer, illegal in probably every state in the US. Mom noticed the door wasn't shut right so she tried to close it. Air caught the door, swung it open, and threw her out, killing her. Now they're saying that it's a design flaw in the Airstream because the door opens the wrong way.

Mom is a doctor so they have some money to pay a good lawyer, but I'm guessing Airstream can afford a pretty good one, too. They'll have a tough go of it trying to get around this NY state statute:

ยง 1228. Riding in house coach trailers. No person shall drive a vehicle on a public highway while drawing a house coach trailer occupied by any person and no person shall occupy a house coach trailer while it is being drawn upon a public highway.

AIRSTREAM
I do agree that suicide doors on any moving object have their risks, but if you're not smart enough to ride in a trailer and open the door going down the road, you get what you get.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: They'll lose this law suit - 04/11/24
Darwinism still exists but on a smaller scale.
Proof once again that brains are not needed for an education!
I know a couple of genius-level folks who don't have enough common sense to half-fill a thimble.
On reflection, that's a common problem in Los Alamos (I worked construction there for a few years).
Posted By: Seafire Re: They'll lose this law suit - 04/11/24
My brother Robert is like that Mark. He use to work at the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, and did so for 20 to 25 years. Einstein's Theory of Relativity is casual reading material for Robert. But I've always said, if common sense was liquid, he couldn't overflow a thimble.

Mentally he's always ready and sooped up ready to go... but he's like a Ferrari with a blown clutch.... Can redline his engine, but can't go nowhere with it.

Kinda sad the said women was a Doctor, but evidently wasn't a real smart one....

but sorry for her family with her loss.
Proof that education does not equate to intelligence.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: They'll lose this law suit - 04/11/24
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: They'll lose this law suit - 04/11/24
They will settle..
Airstream needs to defend this. They have a legitimate defense but will probably cave.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Proof that education does not equate to intelligence.

Intelligence, education, and common sense are not necessarily mutually inclusive.
Posted By: Dess Re: They'll lose this law suit - 04/11/24
Kinda like looking into the nozzle of the garden hose looking for blockage. Meanwhile, your brother is kicking that same hose...
Surprised stroppy isn't in here blaming evil cops for this lol lol
Posted By: 700LH Re: They'll lose this law suit - 04/11/24
Intelligence seems to not play a role in common sense
The first rule of personal injury law - Regardless of how ignorant, careless, and/or negligent you are, it's always someone else's fault.
Which line doesn't fit with the others?

New York?
Judges?
Democrats
Fair Trial?
© 24hourcampfire