Home
Posted By: wabigoon Our first calf of the year. - 04/12/24
Jake showed me a picture. up and nursing.
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Our first calf of the year. - 04/12/24
Congrats Wabi. My dad used to raise Limosines . They have the 3rd muscle. Their meat is supposed to be more healthy.
We have had an 11 month calving season the last few years. This past year I took the bulls away from August through December hoping to prevent calves in the hottest months. Planning on tightening the calving up more this year by pulling out the bulls in mid June until January 15. Being in the sub tropics a calf needs to be able to graze when the clover comes out in February and clover promotes milk production so he needs to be big enough to take it.
Corb Lund, "Cows around."?
Got any pitures Richard?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Meat is murder
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Meat is murder

So are carrots.
Meat is murder
And I am a serial killer.
Meat is murder
You are correct if you equate killing animals for food as murder. And some folks do just that.

But a living human anywhere displaces and kills animal life. How many acres of corn and soybeans are kept free of animal life to produce ethanol and vegetarian-vegan food. All those vegetables such as spinach grown in California caused and continue to cause animal displacement and death. How many cities and concrete jungles at one time had free ranging animals and Indian savages. You infringe on the potential life of others if you live. If that bothers a person they have the ability to do something about their contribution to the problem.

Pharmseller: I'm assuming sarcasm?
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Our first calf of the year. - 04/12/24
Meat is murder
Then I’ll take death by Prime Rib !!!!
A shy calf.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire