Home
Posted By: Paul39 Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
Two years old. Also have water softener. Hot water only, comes out cloudy, tiny bubbles, dissipate, becomes clear.

What might be causing this? Almost certainly the water heater, because the cold water also comes through the softener, and it is clear.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
Air
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
Sure, but where might it be coming from? Is there a fix, solution?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
It's common with water heaters. It's just harmless air. I don't know what causes it. Sometimes it will accumulate in the line and will spit when the bubble hits the faucet.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
First off, you need to call it what folks do around this place.

It's a ................Hot Water Heater.

all humor aside, I think earlybird might be onto something.
There’s a pop off valve on the side
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Paul39
Two years old. Also have water softener. Hot water only, comes out cloudy, tiny bubbles, dissipate, becomes clear.

What might be causing this? Almost certainly the water heater, because the cold water also comes through the softener, and it is clear.

Is this something new or has it always done it?
You on a well or city water?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
A corroded anode rod will also cause gas in the water. It's harmless, just annoying.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
Didn't notice it earlier, so don't know how long. City water. Note that it is only the hot water, so the source shouldn't matter.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A corroded anode rod will also cause gas in the water. It's harmless, just annoying.

Originally Posted by Paul39
Didn't notice it earlier, so don't know how long. City water. Note that it is only the hot water, so the source shouldn't matter.
Posted By: BangPop Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
Dissolved air coming out of solution in the pipes. The nitrogen component of the air doesn't come out of solution easily but the oxygen and co2 will. Hot water in the lines cools after being shut off. As it cools the dissolved gasses come out of solution in the form of bubbles.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
Coming out of a faucet? They do have aerators on them.
Open all ur faucets let ur tank fill back up and use the pop off valve
My son had this issue, last year, on two paired up water heaters, as almost exactly same conditions with the water softener, etc.............on a house they bought last year. He ordered two electric anode rods and we replaced both, from the top, as it's an easy fix. They stay plugged into an out let as it comes with a low voltage transformer, and a small diode green light stays on showing their working. Life expectancy is 5-8 yrs. on these things, as I'm good with that. Problem solved.

Good Luck,

HS 58
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
I'd throw a new anode rod in it, it's either 5/8 or 3/4" available at Home Depot or Lowes......sometimes cut to length.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I'd throw a new anode rod in it, it's either 5/8 or 3/4" available at Home Depot or Lowes......sometimes cut to length.

Sure thing, pard
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Water Heater Question - 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
First off, you need to call it what folks do around this place.

It's a ................Hot Water Heater.

all humor aside, I think earlybird might be onto something.

Beat me to it.
Happens lots of places...

Didn't know you could do anything about it...

I just thought they were scrubbing bubbles to help with suds.
© 24hourcampfire