Home
Posted By: WheelchairBandit Bike question - 10/11/07
I was at the supermarket today,and I saw an old fart go through the parking lot on a bicycle.....with an engine on it,it seems.It made very little noise and he was going along at a good 20 MPH on a slight uphill grade.

So what the heck is this,and where can I get one?I've got a great Trek mountain bike that I never ride because I'm too fat and lazy to pedal the thing.But with gas at $3.15/gallon,this thing looks pretty cool....

WB.
Posted By: sactoller Re: Bike question - 10/11/07
It could have been an old Whizzer or the China copy (POS)

My friend from Sacramento and I have been collecting the parts needed to put a couple of Whizzer's together. We are getting close. I am trying to complete the 1949 Excelsior WZ "J" version!

There are new ones that can be had, whizzer.
Posted By: Muley270 Re: Bike question - 10/11/07
Sactoller,

Is your friends first name Jerry, and does he live in Roseville?

He is a friend of mine and is into the early whizzers.

Brad
Posted By: WheelchairBandit Re: Bike question - 10/11/07
I was talking to my dad tonight,and he says he ran into a guy at the farmer's market the other day that had one.Said to look up "Bike Wizard" online,but he could have said "Whizzer" and he misunderstood him.

I'll check out that link,thanks.

WB.
Posted By: WheelchairBandit Re: Bike question - 10/11/07
I just looked at the Whizzer site-that looks more like a mo-ped.What I saw was a regular bicycle with an engine over the rear wheel-something like this-

[Linked Image]

WB.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Bike question - 10/11/07
Whizzer:

BTW I went to the Antique Motorcyclce Club of America show in Oley, Pa. last year.There a few there and some were asking 10 grand. http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/

[Linked Image]

Puch, A friend has one of these. You may want to do a search under Mopeds

[Linked Image]
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Bike question - 10/11/07
WB - maybe you can find it here.
Posted By: WheelchairBandit Re: Bike question - 10/12/07
FreeMe,
Looks cool,thanks!

WB.
Posted By: sactoller Re: Bike question - 10/12/07
Muley,

His name is not Jerry, but I believe I have met him at a couple of shows.

Small world though! laugh

Off Topic: Do you happen to be a duck hunter? I lived in Sac/Folsom for almost 17 years. (I do miss nor Cal.)

Posted By: sactoller Re: Bike question - 10/12/07
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
I just looked at the Whizzer site-that looks more like a mo-ped.What I saw was a regular bicycle with an engine over the rear wheel-something like this-

[Linked Image]

WB.

You could get a modern bike with a motor...........but then you wouldn't have a cool Whizzer! laugh wink
Posted By: WheelchairBandit Re: Bike question - 10/12/07
sactoller,
Transportation,,me and the word "cool",do not belong in the same sentence!

Just looking for something to putt up logging roads on and go cruise around the neighborhood.

WB.
© 24hourcampfire