Home
Savage s/shot...26" x 1.230" 8 twist Pac Nor...no barrel nut on this one...4200 Tactical mounted in Burris 30mm Sig rings...SSS trigger...Choate Varminter...tips the scales at +18 lbs or so...Favorite diet includes modest charges of H4831..RE19...H4350...H4895..142 SMKs..140 Nosler Comps...107 SMKs...120 SMKs...2875 fps w/140s & 3300 w/107s...confirmed VHA 1418 yd p/dog kill...whats not to like about the 260 Ackley Improved ? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Yep. I have called my benchrest rifle "YOU POS!" on more than one occasion.....almost always after blowing a small group.
I have an elk gun called "missed from anear!"
I've got a Sharps I call "Old Reprehensible"

GTC
Originally Posted by isaac
laugh laugh laugh
Originally Posted by isaac
blush
I have a sticker on the stock of my 30-06 that I got from deer urine company. It has a cartoon buck with evil looking green eyes and BLACKDEATH spelled out across the bottom. I don't ever call my guns any names. I just thought that the sticker looked cool.
I call my .280 Ackley Ol' Bang-Flop
Yup

My 30-06 is Betsy
One 300 is Ashley the other Maggie or Mags
7mm STW is called the 7mm Lightning Bolt
338 Win call her Heavy kickin bastid.
My 16 gauage call it the Warthog.
I'd like to, but every one I've come up with sounds dumb.
DAL357
Dead Tired

From the sniper creed of, "You can run, but you'll only die tired."

30-378 Improved
Weatherby MK V action - blue printed and trued by Gordy Gritters.

McMillan A-5 Stock with adjustable cheek piece and hydraulic recoil reducing but pad. Pillar bedded by Gordy.

Zeiss Victory 6-24x72

Vais muzzle break

30" Krieger barrel - chamber work and all other work done by Gordy.

Action, bolt (sans springs) and barrel have been cryoed by 300 Below, Inc.

Badger base and rings.
Rem Mod 7 Stainless Syn in 300 SAUM is called Orca.
Rem Mod 700 McMillan Edge stock in 7mm Rem Mag is Long Walker.
Rem Mod 700 in 243Win w/20" barrel is Mr Shorty.
Rem Mod 700 LVSF (recently featured in Predators and Varmints hear at The Fire) in 22-250 is Mr Green Jeans.
I've had this little 1890 WRF since I was about five or so, my dad, got it from his dad when he was about that old, I don't know when Grandpa got it or who named it first--wasn't me, but it's called "Old Faithful".
[Linked Image]
You mean, "Ol' Jammer"??? Naw. (Least not to her face.)
This is my 7 saum, I named her Farah to tease my wife, I always tell her that I am sneaking off into the hills with Farah. I let a friend of mine have a fling with her to take this buck.

[Linked Image]
She don't jam man. It's pretty cool how you can hold the trigger in on those old pumps, a little grease and they'll fire nearly as fast as an auto.

BTW the radio works too -- if you want to listen to the one local AM station that is. smile
Some, but not all of my rifles have names.

"Stub" is the 17 inch barreled Ruger 77 (hacked a bulge - not mine - out of the end; shoots great). Later bobbed the stock fore and aft, and slimmed it up some to make a "carbine" out of it "for the wife". Beat Ruger to their "Frontier Rifle" by about 10 years.

"Jezebel" is an old sporterized M98. She's been around some, had a couple face lifts (military 7 or 8 mm - assumed - to '06 to .280), her action's a little loose, but if you hold her tight and stroke her gentle, she'll give you a good bang and hopefully make your meat go limp. When I traded a ML for her, she was wearing one of those awful Herter's stocks, and was in '06. I later screwed on a 7mm barrel and reamed it to .280, and fitted an ordered but never picked up Winchester 70 Brown Precision 'glas stock to her. She's a whore, but has a good heart. I've killed a whole lot of stuff with that gun.

"Lady Killer" for the .260 is still on probation. So far it's killed a caribou, an elk, and a wolf, all females, all in one season.
My 220 Swift is AT&T. For when I want to reach out and touch something.
I call my .375 "El Troubador". The critters hate it when he sings his song.
Model 70 Super Express 375H&H = "Francis"
Some don't get it but most Old-timers remember "Francis the Mule" . wink
I don't know why, but this 250 has been "Agnus" for a long time.

[Linked Image]
Nope. I can't think up a reason to name a gun, or any machine, and if I could, I couldn't think up a good name. No names for motorcycles, cars, leaf blowers, etc.

Death from afar. No offense meant, (alhtough what I'm about to say sounds offensive) but that sounds a little to mall-commandoish for me. The rifle can speak for itself.

I keep remembering Barney Fife patting his revolver, "Yep, just Andy and me, and Baby makes three."
I have one of the original black shotguns, a BPS stalker with the wood stock and forearm and crinkle black paint from the factory....my hunting partners nick named it Black Death...it stuck.
Originally Posted by Gene L
Nope. I can't think up a reason to name a gun, or any machine, and if I could, I couldn't think up a good name. No names for motorcycles, cars, leaf blowers, etc.

This may be the first thing that Gene and I have ever agreed on.

Yes. I call my Winchester Model 70 .30-'06 "Winchester Model 70 .30-'06", and soforth........
Called my rifles and shortguns lotsa names. Unfortunately they are not printable.
My Rem 700 ML named after my wife's middle name when she gave it to me for our first anniversary..."Marie".
I have been trying to come up with names for my other guns but cant seem to find the right one.
But I got pics on one......it should speak for itself. [img][IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/masterhunter1/tomsstuff004.jpg[/img][/img] [img][IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/masterhunter1/tomsstuff006.jpg[/img][/img]
I have a 40 caliber muzzle loader that I bought from Dixie Gun Works when I was 15, (I am now 61) that I named "Miss Fire". I embossed (?) her name into the stock using a nail for divits and filled the divits with a dab of black paint. The stock was refinished years ago using turpentine and creasoate which I read was an orgiinal finish medium in the 1800's. Nice maple/walnut color resulted.

None of my other guns have names other than "POS" when they don't group well or if they miss intended targets.
I saw a cased Model 29 .44 Mag that someone had taken a woodburning tool and wrote "Big Thunder" on the case.

And I bought a used K-Bar that someone had stamped "Night Stalker" on the ricasso with a metal stamping kit.

OK. It's harmless enough, I suppose. But I sure would hate to be the old guy in Texas who shot the burglars and have the Grim Reaper painted on my shotgun stock.
© 24hourcampfire