Home
Thats the only reason i can see him being absent for so long. grin grin grin
Maybe not!!

[Linked Image]
I didn't think that was here yet ?? looks like he's been quiet for a couple weeks.

confused
I know, I thought he was going in November. Les
Am thinkin' one of the Olson twins did him in.... or at least was the straw too much for that camel toe.... errr.... back....
try e-mail ??

we didn't pizz him off did we ?? out hunting??

Got my answer. Les
Yeah, and it sucks, too.....
Originally Posted by Violator22
Got my answer. Les

So, you know where he is? wink
Yep
Well??........at least is he OK?
He ain't dead, but I ain't sure "OK" is a term I would ever use to describe him... smile
and if he's not will a round of antibiotics or some bleach take care of the problem? grin
He's as "well" as he's ever been....

Just MIA from here.
Banned?
sort of....
Time out?
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
He's as "well" as he's ever been....

Just MIA from here.

What?!

What happened, he get caught carrying hot?.........

Casey
I think Steely's engaging in abstinence...

might be a pun there!
blush

and I would hope not. shocked
Should I send up some prayers for him???? (I ask that question in all seriousness).

Penny
Nope. Not needed.
Nope. Not needed.

That's good!!!!

Penny
It probably ain't a bad idea to pray for Steelhead's soul, regardless of the circumstances. grin
I do that regularly... not only for Steelhead, but for all the non-believers.

Penny
Am I considered a Non Believer Penny? I know my oldest prays for me every night. grin
Hey, he just slapped some tape on a kid's eyelids, got into a fist-fight with some dsmf'ing fly-swatters, and ran off with ShootingLady.... wink
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Should I send up some prayers for him???? (I ask that question in all seriousness).

Penny

Nah! Heaven don't want him; Hell's afraid he'll take over!
Im not so sure I would say Scott is a non-believer. I would not want to make that judgement call on anyone. That is very personal.
ROTFLMFO laugh laugh laugh laugh
Hey, he just slapped some tape on a kid's eyelids, got into a fist-fight with some dsmf'ing fly-swatters, and ran off with ShootingLady.... wink

TFF!
Is there an echo in here? smile

laugh laugh
you don't need to - he's said it himself.
Originally Posted by ironbender

TFF!

grin
Originally Posted by 280sRN
Im not so sure I would say Scott is a non-believer. I would not want to make that judgement call on anyone. That is very personal.

He and I have had our private conversations about this. 'Nuff said.

Penny

Maybe...............

People judging others belief status is why I cant return to mainstream religion, yet i am MOST DEFINATELY a believer.
Am I considered a Non Believer Penny? I know my oldest prays for me every night. grin

I would say not... but let me know if that's the case and I will add you to my list. grin

And believers need prayer just as much as non-believers do... just for different things. Your daughter's a prize. smile

Penny
Originally Posted by 280sRN

People judging others belief status is why I cant return to mainstream religion, yet i am MOST DEFINATELY a believer.

It's just a case of taking someone at their word. He says he's not a believer... I believe him. You say you are... I believe you. It's not so hard.

Penny
Can't decide whether I believe that I don't believe.....

Or, whether I don't believe that I believe.......

Guess that means I count both ways.........

Reckon you can take me at my word either way?

You betcha! I would believe anything you said, hands down, without even wavering a minute. I'd stake my life on it. You've always been one of "the best" here at the Campfire (IMHO).

Penny
Well, I've got at least one fooled......... wink
You sound like a lawyer...
I play one on TV, too......

That, or a slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night........

Or was it that I played with one at a Holiday Inn Express and slept on a TV last night........

Hard to keep schit straight somedays........
Or was it that I played with one at a Holiday Inn Express and slept on a TV last night........

Does your back hurt? If so, you probably slept on the TV... shocked grin

Penny
Na he finally woke up and took up an Honorable Profession. grin
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

Does your back hurt? If so, you probably slept on the TV... shocked grin

Penny

Either one, could make your back hurt........

Griftin'?
Hey, has more Honor that lawyerin' grin
Either one, could make your back hurt........

blush grin whistle

Penny
Hey, has more Honor that lawyerin' grin

Thought it was the same thing......
Steelhead got upset at another member and asked me to pull all his privileges before he aired himself out publicly.

I responded that I'd be on the road for 22 hours and hoped he would change his mind by the time I got home, but if not I'd honor his wishes. I also suggested he take it to PM and air it out there.

He responded that he was firm in his decision, and to pull the plug on his account.

If he wishes to return, all he need do is ask. It was solely his move.

frown
Double frown frown
Originally Posted by RickBin

Sometimes time away is good for a lot of different people for a lot of different reasons. And not just time away from the Campfire, but time away from other things that become very intense in our lives.

It sounds like he knows himself pretty well, and knew what he needed to do. I'll look forward to seeing him back here when he's ready... when he misses us all so much that he can't stand it. grin

Penny
Scott and I talked last night. He is cool and is certain of his decision, which I respect.
slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night

I guess I'm just a bit thick. I've seen that a few times and don't get the reference.

'splain?
it's a TV commercial. "I'm not a ____________ but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."
Ah, I was wondering where that saying came from...
I guess I am a bit 'thick' as well!
eek
I don't think he likes having to argue with a bunch of JOs.
Well,
I just hope that old Steelie decides to return to the 'Fire at some point.

Till then, I wish you the best, Scott!
Regards
Steelhead got upset at another member and asked me to pull all his privileges before he aired himself out publicly.

I responded that I'd be on the road for 22 hours and hoped he would change his mind by the time I got home, but if not I'd honor his wishes. I also suggested he take it to PM and air it out there.

He responded that he was firm in his decision, and to pull the plug on his account.

So, you mean he's not really in the hospital recovering from the gonorrhea that some JO's wife gave him?
Can't decide whether I believe that I don't believe.....

Or, whether I don't believe that I believe.......

Guess that means I count both ways.........

That's a good way of putting it..... smile

Casey

So, you mean he's not really in the hospital recovering from the gonorrhea that some JO's wife gave him?

Ouch! Not the gonorrhea, the other. laugh
LMAO!
What?

I thunk it likely, and figured it as good as reason as any.... better than most..... and likely more fun for all parties involved........
Yall are crazy....typical men....(wink)
Holy Crap did I open a can of worms here...................... shocked shocked shocked
NO, not at all.
uh-huh.
It weren't worms Steelhead opened, though rumor has it the odor was reminiscent........ thus the trip to the clinic and obligatory nurse-groping.....
I don't think he likes having to argue with a bunch of JOs.

ironbender,

I respectfully must respond that it appeared to me that Scott took a lot of pleasure in arguing with a bunch of people he considered DSMF-JO's. I considered him to be utterly predictable in making one line put-downs. Thankfully, this was offset by his more serious posts. I'll miss his input.

Regards,
Scott

It weren't worms Steelhead opened

Actually...

never mind.
Places that echo, don't have worms.......

Or, so I hear......
I agree 110%. 'twas fun while it lasted.

I miss his and Big Stick's tirades on stupidity.
Always enjoyed his wit, hope he finds his way back.
Very interesting Topic....

I believe you believe, therefore I believe that you believe I believe! laugh laugh

He didn't go to work for Heid Fleiss, did he?

SH was always good for a laugh and I enjoyed his pics. I hope he makes his way back at some point.
I hope he get's back here also!
Originally Posted by Huntr
I hope he get's back here also!

Don't bank on it...I hope the same, but I talked to him.
I agree 110%. 'twas fun while it lasted.

I miss his and Big Stick's tirades on stupidity.

Some will disagree, but we lost a great resource and a lot of entertainment when we lost Stick.....for pretty petty reasons, too.

Steelhead is now lost for similar reasons, but of his own choosing and he will be missed by many.

He made his statement at the time that he would not be here after the 1st if the year and I tried to talk him out of it. He just decided to move the date up I guess.

He's gone for asinine reasons, too......too bad.

MM
I agree with you MM-
I enjoyed Stick, he was always helpful with me and was very prompt about returning PMs.
Steelhead should have stayed, IMO.

Bummer deal...
frown
The only "twins" that Steelhead will experience is a watermelon with 2 holes bored 180 degrees from each other,... and even then, hole #2 will pucker up and wither away from lack of use.
Crap! Steelie's gone frown
Not the same without him!
Although I didn't always agree with his point of view, I did enjoy his posts and humor. He was very helpful in loading data on a couple of occasions and you could always count on getting a straight forward answer. I never knew Stick, but did read several of his post. It seemed he and Steelie were cut from much of the same cloth. Good luck Steelie.

CK
He will be back, never fear, he enjoys the joint too much.
Originally Posted by T LEE
He will be back, never fear, he enjoys the joint too much.

I hope so, but I aint counting on it.
Sad to see such a quick wit gone...especially since the dim ones seem to be multiplying.
It tis a shame, we loose the good ones, and gain a load of idiots instead. Takes the campfire down a notch IMHO.

Jeff
Originally Posted by rost495
It tis a shame, we loose the good ones, and gain a load of idiots instead. Takes the campfire down a notch IMHO.

Jeff

Yup!
Dang I just figured he was huntin!
Originally Posted by isaac
Maybe not!!

[Linked Image]

That's funny, I wonder what set him off?
Who was he pissed at? I know you can't say, but still have to ask.
Nothing personal, but the fact that so many are clueless over why Steely left says a lot about why Steely left.

And that's not intended as a criticism of Rick or the concept of the site.
ayup
The Campfire has grown alot over the last couple of years, it's also changed alot. I've only been a member here a couple of years and I've seen a big change in that time. Theres a diffrent
crowd now. The informative posts writen by guys thats BTDT, have been replaced by stupid and worthless posts. I dont check in here as often as I used to and if the posts continue as they have been I'm sure I'll be around even less.
Originally Posted by Jamie
The Campfire has grown alot over the last couple of years, it's also changed alot. I've only been a member here a couple of years and I've seen a big change in that time. Theres a diffrent
crowd now. The informative posts writen by guys thats BTDT, have been replaced by stupid and worthless posts. I dont check in here as often as I used to and if the posts continue as they have been I'm sure I'll be around even less.

BTDT........?
Originally Posted by Hindsite
BTDT........?

Been There Done That

http://netforbeginners.about.com/cs/netiquette101/a/abbreviations_2.htm
Originally Posted by Pugs
BTDT........?

Been There Done That

Thanks......I shall save that link! laugh
So the real question: Is he now Flippant or Glib?
Originally Posted by supercrewd
Somewhere between
Originally Posted by Pugs
BTDT........?

Been There Done That

Thanks! Sometimes I need that smile

Apparently miffed at the moment...........

Casey
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Apparently miffed at the moment...........

Casey
Typically SH was the miffer, rather than the miffee. Seems a bit trivial to abruptly break off over a disagreement of some kind over internet posts, but maybe I'm just miffing the boat somehow. I do hope me becomes unmiffed and finds his way back. I will miss his irreverent flippancy and glibness. But mostly I'll miss him!
Well he is over at another place I go to, so he is not gone from the net.
Originally Posted by RickyD
[Typically SH was the miffer, rather than the miffee. Seems a bit trivial to abruptly break off over a disagreement of some kind over internet posts, but maybe I'm just miffing the boat somehow. I do hope me becomes unmiffed and finds his way back. I will miss his irreverent flippancy and glibness. But mostly I'll miss him!

Yeah, I agree, hope he gets over it too.
Wanna share??? you can pm me.
Steelhead will be back. He has an addictive personality, and will miss the repart�.

His experience and knowledge are an asset to him, and to others when he chooses to share. His sociopathic sarcasm, superiority complex, and eagerness to confront are flaws. I hope he returns with all of the former traits, and none of the later.
I disagree. I want Steelie back just as he was. Perfect people are pretty dull and often less than honest. I'll take the BS in order to get the honesty.

BMT
I'll miss Steelhead as well. I'm not sure of how many other boards he posts on but the SH is just more of the same in a different wrapper. You gotta wade through the chit to pick out the gems. At least he didn't take all his pics with him.(grin)
I bet he's still mad about Texas being better than Alaska.
Originally Posted by hatari
Steelhead will be back. He has an addictive personality, and will miss the repart�.

His experience and knowledge are an asset to him, and to others when he chooses to share. His sociopathic sarcasm, superiority complex, and eagerness to confront are flaws. I hope he returns with all of the former traits, and none of the later.

Flaws? I hardly see those qualities as flaws. Sounds a lot like me, actually. blush
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yeah, that'd be hard to get over. grin
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by hatari

Flaws? I hardly see those qualities as flaws. Sounds a lot like me, actually. blush

I suppose I could work on the former and dump later myself. grin
Originally Posted by ltppowell

TFF.
Obviously he really cared for all these people begging him to come back or asking the question of what happened, where is he?

Why didn't he say good by to all you fine folks?

Nice guy, but always thought he was just trying to
echo Big Stick.

I seriously doubt he'll be back. There's a new hangout where folks can be themselves, and it's not inundated with the, ah what did someone call them? Also opinions are no holds barred, non pc and unedited.
You must mean the site the brothers created.

No the bro's didn't create the new site.

But they hang there, as well as THE MF laugh
As real as it gets uh?
Originally Posted by SU35
Obviously he really cared for all these people begging him to come back or asking the question of what happened, where is he?

Why didn't he say good by to all you fine folks?

Nice guy, but always thought he was just trying to
echo Big Stick.

Someone's obviously upset not to have gotten a goodbye kiss on the cheek...
Brother Dave, it's just jealousy, SU35 knows nobody will miss him if he leaves. grin
I guess sometimes we all take ourselves too seriously.

Gb
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Gb
Which is a good way to get seriously taken. wink
I never knew Steelie like most of yall,but i'll miss him.
No Brother Dave,

Not in the least, just giving Steelie a hard time.

btw, I've signed up.
When I used to frequent Jeep forums there were always a few forums that had its guys who had real thin skin. These boards always seemed to annoy me since I really enjoy witty banter much more than whining cause someone told it like it is. I hate is when people ask for advice then pizz and moan because they did not get the answer that they wanted.

Then I found the Pirate Board. This was a no holds barred tell it like you see it board, that board is/was great. I don't know if it still exists but in talk of a new board that maybe the missing have turned to I would enjoy gleaning some knowledge there.

If this is the case, would someone PM me the addy.

Thanks

Ryan

It's been known to happen...
Originally Posted by Brother Dave

It's been known to happen...

B.Dave,
I agree...............

You are a master at getting a good ruse started. I remember giving you a hard time and you fed me just enough BS to keep me fired up......! laugh

Good to see you back at the fire! grin

I don't recall..but always appreciate the fun.

Net access is tough for me these days, but I'm usually in the shadows somewhere...
but I'm usually in the shadows somewhere...

Lotsa shadows from that strong paradise sunshine! wink
Mostly under my eyes in the morning, after all the free beer...
I hope they import the beer, I'd be afeared of local brews.
Stella Artois...can't say much about it, except it works...
funny, thats the same brand I was drinking in Hungary this past summer. Good stuff.

Sam
Sam---what are you doing up at 430am? You hunting today, my friend?
Early Birds..............More than one here at the "fire".

It's very windy and cold here in Newport with a substantial winter storm headed our way for Monday...........Winter has arrived!

I am looking forward to a good cover of snow for my late season hunts. This is when I get hunters that look like they stepped out of a "Cabelas" catalog with all the heavy winter gear and if they don't I have heated blinds. My guess is that my heated blinds will get a real work out from here on.
It's my favorite time of day Mark.

Enjoy your clients and your hunt!!
Isaac,
I must agree about the time of day.............Quiet , no competition for the computer, with a cup of Jo in hand I check and respond to inquiries......Plus....... I like seeing the sun rise.

I kind of feel like I've missed a big part of the day if I miss the sun coming up!

Oh , and of coarse a trip to the "fire" to see who else is an "early bird"........................HBB is usually around to respond to my morning dose of the WAG laugh ................ (Word Association Game)

Have a great day! grin
He really bailed? That's too bad. Like seeing the TSX damage on the critters up there. I don't miss the uglyiest McSwirley!
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Nothing personal, but the fact that so many are clueless over why Steely left says a lot about why Steely left.

Well, I'm afraid I have to wear that hat, but then again I have been spending less time around this forum probably for different reasons than SH.

I'm finding it hard to believe one poster could drive him to the point of self exile, so if anyone is willing shoot me a PM and help be get a grip on the situation..
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I seriously doubt he'll be back. There's a new hangout where folks can be themselves, and it's not inundated with the, ah what did someone call them? Also opinions are no holds barred, non pc and unedited.

and steelhead got tired of this place and went there because of something that somebody posted??? nahhh...

i gotta believe that something else is in the wind... steelhead's not particularly thin skinned, nor does he lack the wit to defend himself in an altercation amongst posters.....
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

and steelhead got tired of this place and went there because of something that somebody posted??? nahhh...

i gotta believe that something else is in the wind... steelhead's not particularly thin skinned, nor does he lack the wit to defend himself in an altercation amongst posters.....

Talked to him on the phone a couple of weeks ago...no one thread or post per se...just the cumulative effect. Some people take breaks...others move on. SH is the moving on type.
280- how'd you drag his phone number out of him?
He aint hard to find.
Originally Posted by .280Rem

Talked to him on the phone a couple of weeks ago...no one thread or post per se...just the cumulative effect. Some people take breaks...others move on. SH is the moving on type.

well, 280,
i'd guess that most of us are the moving on type... most of us take our diversions, such as the campfire, along with us when we go....

none of my business, and most of us have a life to live....
i wish the guy well..... john w
© 24hourcampfire