Home
I settled on a good 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood Single Malt Scotch.

[Linked Image]
Excellent choice Mannlicher!

I'll settle for a bit of McClelland's Single Malt from the Isle of Islay......its really priced right at Sam's Club....

Its not 5 o'clock here yet.....
Knob Creek.

I WAS preparing to watch a football game, or so I though shocked
Originally Posted by VernAK
Excellent choice Mannlicher!

it's 5:02 p.m. here wink smile
Just some Crown over here. I'm a simple kinda guy I guess.
Were you able to catch the heathen that sneaked up and ruined your dram with the ice cubes? grin
No sir,only on rare ocassions.Perhaps a little Baileys Irish Cream and a cup of coffee might be in order,it's cold up here in Wi.
Originally Posted by mathman
Were you able to catch the heathen that sneaked up and ruined your dram with the ice cubes?

I like it that way! Hey, at least I am not pouring it over DrPepper or something gross like that. laugh
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Nice choice. Nothing for me, in the shop playing with the table saw. Maybe later
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Nice choice. Nothing for me, in the shop playing with the table saw. Maybe later

Don't wanna be known as 'lefty'? grin
I gotta a cold Yeungling right here.
Gonna have a glass of cold milk with dinner...

Does that count?..:) Jim
12 years old Jameson. (no ice)
'Twill be Highland Park 12yo when I make it home and I think it's time to roll.

cheers,
joe
Same as it is every night - a few beers and a nice bottle of red. After-dinner drinks vary.
I think I'll have some Strathisla, with a small addition of still spring water to open up the flavor. Later as a nightcap it'll be cask strength Laphroaig, undiluted.
Caffeine Free Diet Soda for me.
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

you and Isaac go in together on that diet??? laugh

I was thinking about waiting for "tonight" too!
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

you and Isaac go in together on that diet??? laugh

No diet for me, I just drink the diet soda to preserve my girlish figure grin
Bought a bottle of Jameson's Black Label recently and am impressed. Not a bad 12-year-old Scotch at all. Might have that, or a glass of Napoleon Brandy, or perhaps Maker's Mark, or even some Souza all-agave Tequila.

I'm omnivorous when it comes to potables, too.
Knob Creek.

I'll second that emotion. Ice in mine please.
This reminds me...I'm behind schedule on my beer intake for the Cowboy game....Oh yeah...Coors Light.....
Coors Light

For a second I thought you said "beer"! smile
Originally Posted by Muleskinner
Knob Creek.

that and maker's mark I really like! also room temp and unpolluted smile
iced tea,...*humph*

ain't got no liquor in the house,..
Snow Plow from Widmer brewing Co.

I love winter. Thats when all the good beer hits the shelves.
Budweiser and mybe alittle Windsor. GO PACK GO!

It's cold here tonight in WI, someone turn up the heat!
Well,... I've got a collection of Makers Mark commemorative fifths in there,.. but I can't tolerate bourbon,...
desperate times... wink
Originally Posted by ironbender

For a second I thought you said "beer"! smile

I know....All I got in the house right now.... smile
Knob Creek.

that and maker's mark I really like! also room temp and unpolluted smile

You got the fine makins' of a true blue hillbilly. Bristy's gonna have to pick it up or he'll lose his status.
Sorry Bro Bart...couldn't resist. I've had CL and think club soda has better taste!
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Just walked in from hunting. Cold and nothing moving. need a beer.
One of my faves!
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Well,... I've got a collection of Makers Mark commemorative fifths in there,.. but I can't tolerate bourbon,...

Muleskinner breaks Bristoe's sword over his knee and plucks the buttons off his bib overalls.
grin I dod live on the VA-WVA border for 7 years... grin

moonshine country
I'm being good, no libations tonite. Les
Originally Posted by Violator22
I'm being good, no libations tonite. Les

Weenie.... wink
I got two sick girls in the house, I gotta be on my toes in case I have to make anymore emergency room runs. frown Doesn't pay to get pulled over on the Air Force Academy smelling of Beer, they have no sense of humor. Les
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Muleskinner breaks Bristoe's sword over his knee and plucks the buttons off his bib overalls.

lolol,...can't help it,... I live within a 50 mile raduis of 90% of the Bourbon distilleries in the world,.. but I just don't like that stuff,..

Corn likker is a different matter entirely, however.
There may be hope for you yet, old man.
Myrer's rum so far hEADED FOR A BIRTHDAY PARTY AND GONNA WATCH that game in a few -- man this is Tuff HOW dors bristoe do it ???? laugh
All right darn it. Table saw silent, plate joiner put away and the new extension table for the table saw (now with bench dog slots!) is glued up and clamped.

A little 14 YO Scapa Orkney single malt neat to finish the evening.
Originally Posted by wallaby
Snow Plow from Widmer brewing Co.

I love winter. Thats when all the good beer hits the shelves.

Excellent choice sir!!! Milk Stout's are perfect for winter.
Interesting topic..and responses..

You have family men, folks with children and wives..young single or older folks who have CCW permits and have firearms close at hand alot..

One of the requisites of the above chosen responsibilities is that a man takes heed of his physical-mental( legal) condition so he is able to respond..drive, render first aid..etc..

Y'all just expecting nothing could happen tonite?Maybe you are single in decent health and live in gated communities?

Hope you are right..:)

In another life many years ago, I might have joined in..but these days, with my committments and responsibilities to family..and my Lord & Savior..just doesn't make good sense for me..Jim

Posted By: GPA Re: What is your libation tonight? - 11/30/07
Ten High....maybe with water; maybe not.....maybe in a perfect Manhatten; maybe not, but Ten High, for sure!
Being good tonight. A little white wine, off to bed early, gotta get up at 3:30 AM.
TOMARROW, when I arrive home form work, got a jug of Old Smugglers scotch in the cupboard. Been to cheap to buy McClellans Islay. This stuff will do, when on a "budjet"
Virgil B.
often it's cabinstill and coke...but tonight it's my #2, a nice cabernet. It's already -6, 8" of fresh snow,the fireplace is roaring and I'm in from the shop. Time to settle in.
I gotta a cold Yeungling right here.

+1 grin I didn't know that Vitamin Y made it that far south. I knew they had a brewery in Tampa, but wasn't aware you could get it in NC. Excellent choice!
I changed my mind after I spied some Full Sail IPA in the fridge. I do love hoppy beer!
diet coca-cola... straight up.....
Originally Posted by jim in Oregon

You have family men, folks with children and wives..young single or older folks who have CCW permits and have firearms close at hand alot..

One of the requisites of the above chosen responsibilities is that a man takes heed of his physical-mental( legal) condition so he is able to respond..drive, render first aid..etc..

Y'all just expecting nothing could happen tonite?Maybe you are single in decent health and live in gated communities?

In another life many years ago, I might have joined in..but these days, with my committments and responsibilities to family..and my Lord & Savior..just doesn't make good sense for me..Jim

Jim, my wife is armed, and more than able, in the odd chance that I pass out from one drink. Besides, my relationship with the Almighty allows me to take a snort now and then.

Sam
An ice cold Grolsch! or 3! Been a heck of a 2 days!
Posted By: WGM Re: What is your libation tonight? - 11/30/07
Glenlivet 12 year old scotch with a single small cube of ice, in one of the very nice Waterford crystal glasses that the wife and I got when we were married ...

Maker's Mark - neat
Posted By: las Re: What is your libation tonight? - 11/30/07
A single shot glass of Dewars Scotch. Room temp, straight up. Sipped, not slurped.

Maybe tomorrow......

The nature and spirit of this thread is to be light-hearted and in good fun. I see no need for a self-annointed "Moral Compass" post like this. So you've reached a point in your life where you've decided drinking isn't for you anymore - fine, I have no problem with that. The insinuation that those of us who do imbibe are irresponsible and not as religiously devout as those who don't is what I tend to take umbrage with.
Originally Posted by pinotguy

The nature and spirit of this thread is to be light-hearted and in good fun. I see no need for a self-annointed "Moral Compass" post like this. So you've reached a point in your life where you've decided drinking isn't for you anymore - fine, I have no problem with that. The insinuation that those of us who do imbibe are irresponsible and not as religiously devout as those who don't is what I tend to take umbrage with.

That's a good post right there....
Didn't someone of note turn water into wine a while back?
smile smile smile
Strongbow Cider.
Right now its Sam Adams Winter Brew, but the nightcap will be bourbon or scotch, the exact flavor is TBD. I am leaning towards Buffalo Trace at the moment...
Jim-
You might want to get down off'n that high horse of yours to avoid nose bleeds.
Was it Ben Franklin to whom the following quote is attributed?

Beer is proof that God loves us.
Who am I to argue?
Well, I suspected after posting it that my post might draw some 'umbrage' from a few folks.

Regardless, IF a man has a family, is armed, and may be called upon to defend himself or family or drive 24/7 then it seems that staying straight isn't a bad thing.

IF one did need to use a firearm to defend self or family at home AND there was any indication he had been drinking prior to his decision and response with deadly force..there might be complications ..and that is assuming that person wasn't impaired.

Would YOU want a policeman responding to your call for help after he'd had a snort?

How about a paramedic or fireman?
The OB/GYN fellow or anaesthesiologist delivering your new baby or performing surgery?

That's all I was trying to say..
Y'all do what you want with your lives...and I'll do what I believe to be responsible with mine. Jim
Oh please....

I quit drinking after abusing the privilege a little too much, but that doesn't make me an evangelist with lame reasons to back it up.
An adult beverage or two doesn't create undue risk in one's home. Gads...
Gee. looks like I'll have to drink a Gallon of Rogue Amber tonite. Don't worry Jim, I'll drink what you don't. My wife stays level headed for me. grin
Westman,
Nothing lame about a man who considers himself as the first responder..and chooses to govern his own life in that light.
As I said, do what ya want..and so will I..:) Jim

PS:
Your William Penn quote is a good one..
Violator22...
Well it's evening in your neck of the woods so have at it, son.............and let the wife stand watch..Jim

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Let me get a buzz on here and I never hear the end of it,...but just as soon as I run outta liquor,.. everybody else starts knockin' it back like there's no tomorrow.

I might have ta slip out and get me a half pint in a while.

Too many people been havin' too much fun on here lately.
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
12 years old Jameson. (no ice)

Very nice.
Thats why we both shoot, she has been down for the last two days with the oldest sick, and I have been playing Nursemaid to them, So I get to do the drinking. grin Les
Les..........whatever works for you..:)Jim
Michelob Amber Bock to celebrate the cowgirls helping the Detroit pussycats and Chicago Bears who still think they have a chance at the playoffs!
Aww...........gee thanks Dad.............Now may the Pack will choke up the rest of the season. Be even better when the Lions Beat the Cowgirls next sunday. grin
Originally Posted by Violator22
Thats why we both shoot, she has been down for the last two days with the oldest sick, and I have been playing Nursemaid to them, So I get to do the drinking. grin Les

With ya buddy! Wife came home from work early with worse crud than she's been fighting all week. I got away late, came home, assured myself she was alive (the snoring gave it away whistle) Made myself four ground venison enchiladas, extra onions, extra cheese. A margarita in a pint beer glass, rocks, salt (strictly medicinal to fight off my squidly scurvy laugh ) and I have safely ensconced myself on the sofa with the dog, latop and a DVD of Battle of Britain on the tube (Hurricanes, Spitfires and Heinkels Oh' my).

Damn near reminds of being single grin
Okay!,... I'm back frum da likka sto'!

Hadda go find a new one after my personal favorite went outta business here while back.

This one is run by Indians,... had some little woman wid a big red spot on her forehead wait on me,... had a ring on her big toe too,...

But it's a good one!,... drive in window,.. cups of ice available for 25 cents,..

Say what ya want about them Indians,.. but they run a mean likka sto'!
I got fresh ground 8'o clock coffee.
Posted By: Ron Re: What is your libation tonight? - 12/01/07
[Linked Image]
Yum!
Bristoe..others..

I have actually been chumming on this thread..;)

My days, every day, rain or shine work or holiday or vacation..starts at 0300.

I start the coffe pot up...light up a cigar..let the dogs out and sit on the back porch with a cold beer..usually a tall Keystone or Milwaukie..whatever is on sale that week..

When the coffee's done, I pour a cup and add some JD..Kahlua, Don Julio..or whatever's left from the last party..with some sugar to make it palatable.

Might eat a slice of toast..but not usually..no point ruining a decent buzz..:)

That goes on until I leave for work several hours later..after a good buzz..

I drink at least 6 cold beers once in the office..as I get in early..I throw the empies in the bosse's trash can..:)

Makes the janitorial staff wonder..:)

Aside from the rock music on my radio, not much going on while I sort the spam from the action items on e mail...and see what news from coastie employee SH down near Ketchikan..:):)

By ten AM, I'm ready for lunch..which is a six pack of 16 ouncers downed in 30 minutes while driving..:)
Then back to work for a while..:)

Then home to let the dogs out..have a few more beers( cheap ones) and a shot or two before the wife gets home..

Then this forum..where I pretend to be a tee totaller, one who cares about others, family etc..:) Jim
Then this forum..where I pretend to be a tee totaller, one who cares about others, family etc..:) Jim

Damn, my life is a mirror of yours! Well, except for all the stuff wink
Hey man,... if ya like to sip a few, it's your business,... if ya don't, that's your business too.

Some of us are configured a bit more tensely than others and enjoy feeling the muscles relax,... some don't bother with it.

I'm not much on judgement period,.. and when I am it's based on things more significant than whether the person enjoys a buzz or not.

Damn high horse you got there Jim.
© 24hourcampfire