Home
I see the weather showing snow in the upper NE states. Also snow in IL,IN, OH, PA, WVA. etc.
threatening here.
3-4 inches fell last night & today... a little more coming tomorrow. Tonight's low temperature predicted to be just 9� above zero (air temperature, not "wind-chill" temperature).
Posted By: DMB Re: Anyone getting any snow today? - 12/06/07
No snow today, but we have a foot and a half on the ground. The temp today never got above 17.

Don
About three inches on the ground now and maybe a half inch more by midnight. The local denizens are all in a panic.
Here in Pittsburgh we got probably 2-2.5" since last night, and I think they may be calling for up to an inch more, not positive though.
Originally Posted by Pugs
About three inches on the ground now and maybe a half inch more by midnight. The local denizens are all in a panic.

At one time or another in seventy-seven years, I've wintered in just shy of twenty states from the Atlantic to the Pacific and from Florida to Alaska, and nobody anywhere gets as panicky over snow as Baltimorons.

One winter day at the old Westinghouse Ordnance plant on US-1 in Lansdowne, artist Mario Mogavero walked through our area muttering "A foot of snow! A foot of snow!" � and after pathological worry-wart Harry rushed out in a panic dash to a window, added " � an inch yesterday, an inch today, an inch tomorrow � "

What most impressed me when I wintered there was that Baltimoron drivers never learn how to brake or accelerate on snow or ice. And they get as many winters as anybody else gets.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
At one time or another in seventy-seven years, I've wintered in just shy of twenty states from coast to coast and from border to border, and nobody anywhere gets as panicky over snow as Baltimorons.

Well, at least there's consistency on life. They're as bad as ever tired
Originally Posted by DMB
No snow today, but we have a foot and a half on the ground. The temp today never got above 17.

Don

Only about a foot here, none today though. More snow tomorrow. Didn't get above 0f here all day.
About 3 inches here in SE Alberta this evening. And no wind so it might stay for a change!
About 2" out there this morning and it's coming down hard at the moment-- I sure hope this one doesn't get blown away like the last one did.
Originally Posted by JacquesLaRami
About 2" out there this morning and it's coming down hard at the moment-- I sure hope this one doesn't get blown away like the last one did.

I'm in Northeastern CO about 40 miles south of Cheyenne for the next 5 days--about 2 inches and snowing at the moment. I drove over the mountian last night, it was snowing a fair amount in the mountians--they're talking 2-3 ft in the San Juans and Uncompahgre Plateau.

I had an outside job going over here--it ain't happening today cry

But it's been pretty darn dry in the southern Rockies.

Casey
I was just over there in your favorite town Wednesday Casey. I had to fill up Santa's sacks. (see my new avatar) Had I known, we should of had a beer somewhere.
About 3 1/2" overnight,here in Pendleton, Oregon and still coming down. Hope Sheriff's Dept. put studs on my car.
raining here in the valley. sure hope it's snowing in the mtns....
2" on the ground here now calling for 8 to 10 more in the next 24 hours
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
At one time or another in seventy-seven years, I've wintered in just shy of twenty states from the Atlantic to the Pacific and from Florida to Alaska, and nobody anywhere gets as panicky over snow as Baltimorons.

You ain't seen the Californians and Texans in Colorado--they can crash a car on a perfectly straight stretch of road when it's snowing--it's one of the great mysteries of life......

Casey
You guys are SO LUCKY!!!!! I have never seen a real snow, neither have my kids. When we get snow its snow laden ICE which shuts everything down. Roads close, schools close, EVERYTHING closes. In the deep south, we never see real winter weather. When we get ice storms, th epower lines literally snap under the weight of the ice and we are without power for eons. That is why you see all the south go into panic mode when we are forecasted winter storms. People dont mind the snow...its the ice that causes the drama. When I was a hospice nurse, we had a HUGE ice storm that shut mid Alabama down for about 10 days. We were literally trying to get dying cancer patients into the hospitals because they had no heat. It was awful. So...please send me some snow to Alabama...but keep the ice.

Correction......I HAVE seen one real snow.....we were snowed in for about 4 days in mid March, got 3 feet of snow....and I got pregnant with my son. So....no babies this time...just snow please! (wink)
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I'm in Northeastern CO about 40 miles south of Cheyenne for the next 5 days--about 2 inches and snowing at the moment. I drove over the mountian last night, it was snowing a fair amount in the mountians--they're talking 2-3 ft in the San Juans and Uncompahgre Plateau.

Casey

You must be within five miles of me then.
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
raining here in the valley. sure hope it's snowing in the mtns....

has turned to snow now!!!! grin
Originally Posted by 280sRN

Correction......I HAVE seen one real snow.....we were snowed in for about 4 days in mid March, got 3 feet of snow....and I got pregnant with my son. So....no babies this time...just snow please! (wink)

The big blizzard last December along the Front Range just before Christmas resulted in a mini baby boom in Denver........

Casey
Originally Posted by Tracks

Casey

Outside of Wellington.

Casey

Casey

Outside of Wellingto

Casey

Be happy to buy you a cup of Coffee or a Beer if you have any dead time.
plowed snow again last night/ this morning.
Western Michigan.
Looks like the weathermen got it right for once. That puts them at about 1 in 5 for accuracy in the last month or so.
Quemado, at 6,900 feet above sea level, about half-way down the west side of New Mexico, just a tad west of the Divide, is supposed to get rain today, snow tomorrow � but right now (0940 MST), the sun is bright, the cirrus is high, the temperature is around 50� Fahrenheit, and the air is calm to very slightly breezy.
Got about 3" of the white stuff over-night, and rain/freezing-rain/ sleet/ snow forcast for the next 5 days..... Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be happy to buy you a cup of Coffee or a Beer if you have any dead time.

PM coming.

Casey
Raining with some ice and yesterday some sleet. Not much accumulation either day. A little slick in spots today.
© 24hourcampfire