Home
Posted By: remseven Drinking brake fluid? - 01/09/08
A mechanic accidentally swallowed some brake fluid and really liked the taste. Before he knew it, he'd polished off a whole bottle of the stuff. His buddy George caught him sneaking a swig the next day.

That stuff is dangerous, George said. You gotta give it up.
Don't worry, the mechanic said. I can stop anytime I want.
Posted By: blinddog1 Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/09/08
I know that is intended as a joke, but the real sad thing is that a lot of young people are drinking and snorting brake and hydraulic fluid to get high, a lot of them die as a result.
Posted By: Joke_Rater Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/09/08
5.5 -- much better than old blonde jokes
Posted By: remseven Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/09/08
I'd heard they "sniff", didn't know they drank it. Thanks for the tip. Can't imagine anyone that dumb really, but always a surprise out there somewhere when it comes to what people do.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/09/08
Well, sniffing destroys brain cells. So how many sniffs does it take before a swig seems like a good idea?
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/09/08
I imagine before it kills you it would definately clean you out.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/09/08
I hear "bleeding" is the cure...
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/10/08
Now that's funny! grin
Posted By: rob p Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/10/08
Guy I know had a beagle who drank some brake fluid out of a hubcap he was soaking some rusty lug nuts in. I asked if it killed him. He said "No, but he walked sideways after that until a cow kicked him." I asked if that made him walk normal again. He said "No, that killed him when he sailed head first into the side of the barn."
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/10/08
"Huffing" gasoline is the one I cannot imagine...
Posted By: Ruger 4570 Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/10/08
I almost hate to admit this, one time probably 35 years ago I was sitting in the living room of our dinky apartment. I was cleaning one of my (back then) few guns and I had a large bottle of Hoppes for cleaning and a Coke I was sipping on. Well during the process I would take a swig of coke, clean the gun, take a swig of Coke and clean some more, take a swig of Hoppes and about freaked out. We didn't have 911 back then, but I did find thge number for poison control. First, Hoppes tastes just like it smells other than a burning sensation. At any rate, the Poison Control people said,, after a long time looking up some info, that I should be ok with what little I swallowed. I can't remember if it cleaned out my bore or not.
Posted By: remseven Re: Drinking brake fluid? - 01/10/08
Well, I could tell about the time I had a wrestling match with a big Plott hound, and vacinnated myself for distemper, but I won't.

At least, I've never caught distemper, yet crazy .
© 24hourcampfire