Home
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...nce-co-operation-with-Europe-and-US.html

As the dominoes start to fall...

Dan
Oh yay
give them that, and the 24th Mech Division.
not quite the result Putin had in mind when he started threatening his neighbors.
The Baltic States are not unaware of their tenuous hold on freedom. The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, the Ukraine, Belarus,Armenia, Kazakhstan,Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, (did I miss one?)....... golly, NONE of these States want to rejoin with Russia. Moldavia maybe? Maybe.
Bottom line is that after experiencing the tender ministrations of Moscow for, in some cases, hundreds of dreadful years, they just don't trust the Bear. So why should we?

Go figure.
A thought occurs to me. Given the dismal failure of the latest Russian SAM technology in Syria against Israeli fighter-bombers (equipped with US anti-SAM electronics) less than a year ago, who in their right mind would trust Russian technology, let alone be buying from Moscow?

Russia's in trouble. They're attempting to apply centuries-old Russian foreign policy (iron fist in an iron glove... duh!) to a situation that moves so fast they can't handle the information, let alone the consequences.

BTW, anybody else notice how often the cable TV feed has been going wonky over the past few days?

Three guesses as to what that means, Ivan, and the first two don't count.
And missile defense will be so effective against Russian tanks.

But a few captured examples will be a nice present for the Russian weapons designers. I'm sure the Chinese will sell them the parts same as us.
Tod

I'm assuming your conservative campaigning has come to an end!
Ummmm, no a missile defence is for missiles, not tanks.
Bobby Fischer's Sicilian defence was for, well Russians grin

Very often the Russians use missiles, as they have in Georgia, and a defence from them would probably be pretty popular with the troops who would have to suffer those darts otherwise.

If they deploy anti-tank mines, well I'm guessing those would not be effective against Russian missiles.

See what being flippant causes.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
not quite the result Putin had in mind when he started threatening his neighbors.
That's what troubles me most about all of this. He certainly wasn't unaware of the potential, and that means he likely has plans accordingly. Trust of a KGB chief turned Czar comes as hard for me as underestimation.
Originally Posted by isaac
Tod

I'm assuming your conservative campaigning has come to an end!
You don't see his premise as a somewhat likely outcome?
© 24hourcampfire