Home
Posted By: tbear Eight years of Obama - 10/22/08
I am hoping for a upset like we experienced with GB, but its like waiting for a long fly ball to center to be caught as you run the bases. The first 4 years Obama will get a pass because the economy was bad & he inherited the war. There are always cycles to our economy(admittably not this bad) so when the economy recovers Obama will be the savior. When the U.S. pulls most troops out of Iran, hopefully having completed their mission, quess who will get the credit? Obama will be reelected in a land slide. Unfortunately, I see nothing but trouble & changes not for the good coming. The Republican Party has dropped the ball in the current list of presidential candidates & we will pay for the next eight years. I hope I am wrong but, the ball is dropping toward the glove of the center fielder.
Posted By: bearmgc Re: Eight years of Obama - 10/22/08
Obama won't go 2 terms. Hopefully McCain will come through and we won't have to endure 1 term.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Eight years of Obama - 10/22/08
I PRAY Hussein doesn't become POTUS, but if he does, and there's anything left of our country after 8yrs, hopefully the GOP finally gets the message that moderates are NOT conservative, and will not be supported by conservatives. I'm fed up with the Republican party. It's no longer the party of conservatives---------it's just the "other party" choice than the Communist Party, uh I mean DNC.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Eight years of Obama - 10/22/08
What y'all have to realize is that Republican and democrat are meaningless terms today. What matters is liberal and Conservative. If you can find a Conservative democrat vote for him/her. If a liberal Republican is running in your local election vote him/her out!
Posted By: GPA Re: Eight years of Obama - 10/22/08
Conservative and Liberal are far too difficult to define. Your suggestion is simplistic, to say the least.
Good point Skid. The problem is we're often "presented" with the lesser of two evils option.
Originally Posted by GPA
Conservative and Liberal are far too difficult to define. Your suggestion is simplistic, to say the least.

Nothing difficult about defining a Conservative or a Liberal. It's pretty simple for most.....
Posted By: tbear Re: Eight years of Obama - 10/22/08
There aren't many(any?) conservative Dems but, you are right I & many others would vote for a Dem that supported our core beliefs. I am beginning more & more to believe a 3rd. party could be very successful IF conservative beliefs were the foundation.
© 24hourcampfire