Home
Posted By: tjm10025 write to congress - 04/11/09

Hope you guys are are e-mailing your congress critters about the pirate situation (and other issues).

Even though they don't care about us as individuals, they do pay attention to raw numbers, and they are in a position to collectively put some pressure on Obama.

Amazing how many people will vote for American Idol, but won't bother to write to their elected officials.

- Tom
Posted By: Redneck Re: write to congress - 04/11/09
I write mine nearly weekly, and get the 'form' letter back as usual..

Went to see one in person last week.. I was underwhelmed... You're right, they don't care about us.. It's the power - that's all they want..
Posted By: isaac Re: write to congress - 04/11/09
If I do write my Congressman, who's gonna read and explain the substance to them?
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: write to congress - 04/11/09

Isaac:

He doesn't read them at all. His interns do. And they put together Excel spreadsheets, tracking the opinions of those who write.

That's why I don't put a lot of time or effort into my e-mails. I'm either for something or agin' it.

What, you thought an e-mail might have greater impact than a vote? Nah. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it.

- Tom
Posted By: isaac Re: write to congress - 04/11/09
At times, I've been given a signed reply from my Congressman or Senator. To a form letter, that's is!
© 24hourcampfire