Home
After years of contemplating spending the coin for a new DR Power grader, I finaly broke down and purchased one. My driveway is about 1/8th mile long, and was pretty rough condition. This thing worked as advertised, I am impressed.

Fresh outta the box
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The driveway before
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Durring
[Linked Image]

After
[Linked Image]

The pics don't do it justice, as the before pics do not show the potholes that well, and the after pics don't show how good it really looked upon completion.
NICE little tractor.

I don't see a BEVERAGE HOLDER !?

GTC
It's on the other side. Might have even held a beer...grin
Screw the beverage holder - I want a mount for a .50
Mind if I ask what it set you back ( the DR) ?

GTC
How much work did it take to get it from beginning to end?
Brand new from the factory, they're about $1500 shipped. I paid way less for this still new/never even been assembled, off of craigslist. Mines the 60 inch. They also have a 48 inch, for a little less.
About 3 hours, going slow. With a couple of beverage breaks thrown in. grin
Clever system, the way they use Sintered Carbide Lathe tools for the "Soil Engagement" end of things.

For whatever it's worth they'll be a LOT cheaper out of a Machine tool catalog, should you ever need to replace one,.....than from DR.

GTC
Hmm - our camp road goes about 40 acres off the main road - wondering if it's worth it...
I've contemplated buying one of their chipper/shredders for awhile, good to hear their other products work as well as they claim!
Worked exactly as claimed. We'll see how well it holds up in the next few years, but since it's not the typical POS China made garbage, I'm not to worried.
Their videos on the chipper/shredder are almost too good to be true!

I hope you'll be happy with it, maybe provide some updates after a few months if you use it again! Don't know how often you have to grade a gravel drive like that...
Our road isn't real gravel. Combo hard clay, mud, some gravel, pit run and the like. Combine that with about 15 years of dirtbike and quad and now tractor running - it's rutted. Wondering if this could handle what probably needs a blade
Will it handle crushed concrete and limestone ?
Teal

I would think this grader would work in your case. It'd just take many passes. You might be better off with something more comercial tho. Post a pic, next time you're out there

Lslite

I honestly couldnt say for certain, but would think it's dependant on the size of the crushed material. This thing will dig into hardpack, I can say that
Next time - I'll get some pics. I might just disc it as I do the food plots this year.

The old Ford 2000 will get a workout this year if I have anything to say about it.
I noticed the pix of your DR Power Grader working on a clay surface. I have a 2 inches of gravel on drive. Do you think it will handle gravel OK?
I "redid" crushed limestone driveways and large parking areas for many years, with my Ford Jubilee and an 8' York rake w/6' scarifier bar.

Dig 'em up/regrade everything in the spring and the first good rain washed off the stones like it was all freshly installed.

Also did foodplots at our gunclub with that rake. Mow remnants into oblivion; dig about 4" deep with the scarifier, then regrade, sow and lightly cover with the rake tines. York rakes are fairly handy gizmos.
© 24hourcampfire