Home
Here's mine from about five to ten years back. Pay wasn't much but I sure enjoyed this job. Up and down main street in Cody plus thru all the camp grounds playing loud country music and making some of 'em plum mad.

Locals got madder yet as the right way to do the job was to drive real slow.

[Linked Image]
Building road race cars and traveling the circuit with them in the 70's Bear
Pulling Trap & Skeet at the Playboy Club in Lake Geneva when I was 17.
shooting deer at night with a game warden so they could study gestation and other things. was able to "field test" numerous bullets. shots were never more than 75-100 yards. did this for 3 years. after the biologist took the organs/parts they wanted i called friends, pastors i know, etc. for names of folks who would appreciate/need the meat. never had one go to waste. never got paid as i was a volunteer.
Teaching new Marines how to shoot crew served weapons at the range.

My fav was the MK19

set up on a tripod, I cut an old school bus in half one day with 40mm grenades fired from a fully auto machinegun that shoots.... little bombs.

I can still see it in my head like it was yesterday.

I done blowed up lotts of chit but that school bus, well that was something special for me.

grin

Running mist nets and banding.....1st.

Working white rhinos and black bears....2nd.

Worked in a service station (remember them!) while in high school. Me and a buddy worked the afternoon shift then closed.

We didn't make much money but we sure had fun!!
Pouring concrete is fun.

[Linked Image]
Racing motocross and supercross was kinda cool...While it lasted...Too bad that youth is wasted on the young...
Standing lookout on the flying bridge of 180 foot ship going across the Bering Sea in 35 foot seas and 60knot winds.
When I was about eight years old a neighbor lady was digging in her yard. She told me that if I would help I could swim in her new swimming pool she was digging. I helped for a couple hours and to my disappointment she changed it to a flower bed. Learned two good lessons that day. Things are not always what they appear to be and never trust a woman leaning on a shovel. GW
Albeit, it looks like hard work....but there are perks to that kinda work. Ever been a Hostess for a pie house on a Sunday after church gets out? I'd rather spread that cement with my teeth...than have to meet that gig again, truly!
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Standing lookout on the flying bridge of 180 foot ship going across the Bering Sea in 35 foot seas and 60knot winds.

To save my dogs, I could NOT do that!
Bartending in Hollywood while finishing at UCLA.. Could make a movie about it, and met a wife (another bartender).

Worked a while in the film and commercial business, funnest jobs were working on City Slickers wrangling extras for the opening scene (Running of the Bulls). DP was Dean Semler.. Couldn't be more in awe, and he was just a great guy. Another was a Japanese Cigarette comercial on the Queen Mary with shameless supermodels doing wardrobe changes right there on the deck. DP was Vilmos Zsigmond. Again in awe.. And then there were the Silver Bullet commercials... And then.. Jeez, on some of them I wondered how and why I was getting paid.

Now I just build and make beautiful things, but I'm having some of the most fun ever..
I helped make an order of french flies at a McDonald's once.

It took some doin'
Once things settled and we got above the Arctic circle I saw more whales (bowhead, narwhal and beluga) and ice flow after ice flow covered with walrus.
The Navy weren't the funnest job I ever had....Seriously...
Playing cowboy back at the ranch for a week or two each Fall while hunting don't suck either. Montana rules!
"Catching" dogs in "Suspect Apprehension" training...
[Linked Image]
Ingwe
I can't recall ever having fun on the back of a horse..

I'll surf a 20 foot wave in sharky 50 degree water, but getting me on a horse scares the bejabbers out of me.
Rigging 3" pipe in shin deep mud while it was sleeting. Weather never got too bad when you work for Halliburton.
I'll never ride again without a 45LC planted at the back of pony's head, likely loaded with hard cast bullets.
Looking for good deer and cows beats the hell outta getting snarfed by an attack dog!

And yes, most horses are torture....
Another kind of fun was working on the Fire and Rescue.. Running into burning buildings or brushfires and not getting paid for it is just awesome, stupid fun.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I can't recall ever having fun on the back of a horse..

Amen, Brother..
I've done my share of "cowboying" but it is to be taken literally....I worked with cows, I was never a " Horse Man"...
Don't tell Sam, but I've always pretty much thought of them as " Alpo-on-the-hoof" and they never had a much better opinion of me.. wink
Ingwe
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'll never ride again without a 45LC planted at the back of pony's head, likely loaded with hard cast bullets.

You still have to get on the hammer headed beast. Count me out..
I'd be all in for a guided horse hunt, hell I'd probably shoot as many of them bastards as they allowed.
I'll reload while you shoot.
Playing professional baseball in SF Giants organization was by far my best job.
And I'll sit at the loading bench making sure RL has the ammo to hand off to Steelie...
Ingwe
Most fun job I've ever had? That's an easy one.......

[Linked Image]
One of the greatest aspects of hunting horseback is the whinny.

You and the stead are entering prime country and the god damn horse lets out the loudest friggin' bugle known to the animal kingdom. I hate that like no other.....
"Job" and Fun are not normally associative.

Running a Snow-Cat shop during a Winter Downhill Olympic event would probly' be my call out.

Drilling in Argentina,....a close second.

I really don't remember doing much that wasn't fun.

"The romance of Cowboying" has been falling flat on it's asz for 150 recorded years ( Hell, Fred Remington Illustrated that)

No snivelling from old burnt out saddle tramps,...puhleeze.

It's all fun now,.......

Hawwwww,

GTC
I'll sharpen a knife, I always wanted to carve a good cut off a horse & eat it, just to be mean.

cause i love horses just as much as you guys.

Buncha horse haters, all of ya!<grin>!
Don't know about horsemeat...cause I don't like the french...but I can attest that Zebra is damned good!
Mrs.Ingwe with one she doinked in '07
[Linked Image]
Yummmm Yummmmmm!
Ingwe
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

"The romance of Cowboying" has been falling flat on it's asz for 150 recorded years ( Hell, Fred Remington Illustrated that)

But...but....

In a past life, I was a man. I was tall, narrow at the hip, and broad-shouldered. I spent most of my time atop a horse....running cattle from TX to MT. I drank whiskey like water and shot a man dead in CO, for looking at me funny...

Kid you not, man<grin>!
#1 The year I got serious about my trapline and profited over $1,000.00 before Christmas. Pretty good considering I wasn't old enough to drive yet.

#2 Waterways patrolman for a chain of payfishing lakes in Ohio. A kid couldn't ask for a better way to spend a summer.

#3 Racing our beat up Mercury Sno Twisters on the undercards at USSA events in the U.P. and Wisconsin. 'Thought it was a blast till I woke up in a hospital in Eagle River, Wisconsin and had to have the nurse tell me how she was at the races and saw me take out a chunk of fence in the third turn when my steering failed. 'Decided it was time for a career change after that. "Dyin' ain't much of a livin'"
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Playing professional baseball in SF Giants organization was by far my best job.
I might know about that too..... Athletics was my thang.....A long time ago...
Well I don't have any funny tales but the "funnest job" was film editor at a TV station and projectionist for a movie theater. Still miss those jobs.
Originally Posted by HoundGirl

But...but....

In a past life, I was a man.

Jane, here's the weird part...I believe you! shocked
Ingwe
Quality Assurance Inspector at the local Bordello grin
Personnel Interviewer at the local bordello...
Ingwe
Worked in Africa once,....

.......for a French oil company.

best chow I've EVER had in bush camps.

I don't think it was all Beef, either.

We need a Brit Navy ghost vet,....to explain this "Salt Horse" bit.

Yuk,....sure glad I became a Vegan .

GTC
Good, I was serious<grin>!!

You never played rookie ball in Modesto did you?
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
Good, I was serious<grin>!!

I told you before..you're an Old Soul... smile
Ingwe
It's a toss up for me;

Working for the Boy Scouts as a 50 mile hike guide, as an employee, at a scout camp was a blast. I done that one summer, and the next year I ran their rifle range. It was even more fun the final three weeks of the summer -- Those were Girl Scout weeks!!! wink I don't know how it's done now that Scouts are co-ed. Ahh the good ol' days.

The other job that was also a all about having a good time was working for the National Park Service as a historical interpreter at Ft. Laramie. Most of the time I was a Cav. Soldier. but did stints as prospector, bartender, jackass artillery (Cavalry that drug around and fired 12lb mountain howitzers), mountain man, Post Subtler, etc. We also had to put on two half hour educational programs every day too. Along with approving what was in the bookstore, writing info for signs, pamphlets, the web site, etc. Everything that had to do with presenting an accurate and informative interpretation of the fort to the public.

I even got paid by the Park Service to go on archaeological digs to places like the Custer Battlefield, Ft. Smith MT, And Fort Phil Kearny (Bighorns), while I was getting class credits from UW too. That was an awesome job for those three months every year (I was there for 6 summers), but I had to find year 'round work when school was over. It didn't take me long to figure out that I didn't want to go back to a high school for a job though.

If I ever get rich, I think I'd take either of those two jobs again just for the entertainment value!!

Originally Posted by JGRaider
You never played rookie ball in Modesto did you?
No...Scottsdale...
Cool. I played Triple A in Phoenix, and spring training was in Scottsdale. Great place.
going into alders so thick every step was a trip, looking for a wounded brown bear that wasn't hit well enough or had his own ideas about dieing.

or rerigging tents in a 40-60 mph blow in the middle of the night while rain fell like buckets and making a new channel for the beaver pond behind camp with coffee can lids cause there wasn't a shovel within a 100 miles.

course it was offset by the occassional bluebird day, fishing beyond belief, seeing 10K caribou in one eyefull and getting paid to hunt.

course working in a field dominated by young women in their child bearing years had it's highlights too, though twas a bunch more fun from 21-42 than it is at 50
Was a long time ago....
Learning how to be a world class lover...many fringe benefits.
Squirt bottle guy/judge in wet tee shirt contests. Did that several times, never made a dime.

The cleanest fun - working on a wildlife refuge as a teenager, with a group of about 30 other teens. Somehow I wrangled the job of photographer and transit operator.

Sitting back, I can think of several others through the years. Makes me wanna go job hunting!
Toss-up between Forest Service trail crew and gunsmithing.

I guy can starve either way..... smile
One summer when I was a teenager I got a job teaching kids how to sail. So I went out sailing every day and got paid for it. Hard to beat.

Working as a motorcycle parts salesman - working as a gun salesman. Got to spend all day talking about my hobby and got paid for it. Also hard to beat.
Originally Posted by natman
One summer when I was a teenager I got a job teaching kids how to sail. So I went out sailing every day and got paid for it. Hard to beat.

My first "stash" job in the Navy was for four months while waiting to start flight school/ I was teaching sailing once a week to officer candidates on a 44' ketch at NAS Pensacola. "Today the Navy is good" they said they'd get their pound of flesh later and so they did!
Funniest as in strangest job had to be that day I was hired to work for a nuclear fuel plant South of Buffalo. We had to suit up three layers deep complete with mask hooked to an airline and go into radioactive rooms to "clean" them. They gave us a bucket with soapy water and a large brush and we were told to scrub the walls then rinse them. It was August and the heat and humidity in those rooms was stifling. I maxed out my rad badge in two rooms for a total of 2 hrs. I made over $100 that day. I often reflect on how the heck soap and water had anything to do with cleaning a radioactive room.

Disrobing after the exposure was just as strange. We were met by plant workers also in suits. They had us carefully removing our layers and stepping out of them in a manner that kept the inner layer from touching the layer being removed. I remember walking at least 20 feet on a special mat dumping each item of clothing while backing up. Then a special shower. Final inspection of body for any rads with a geiger counter...

Yep one very strange job. Hell I was 18 and stupid back then.
I was a bartender in Rascals Comedy Club for 17 years,I got to hang out with alot of famous comedians,Kinneson,Dice,Jackie Martling,Tim Allen....and work with hot waitresses,not to mention drinking for free.
Originally Posted by Don Gordon
We have a winner...
Originally Posted by Redneck
We have a winner...

THat's where I developed an intense interest in guns (I already had an intense interest in women). I got to shoot alot of trap and skeet, and in off hours we'd screw around and shoot in front of the trap houses, on our knees, upside down guns. We also would load foam ear plugs in cut down .410 cases w/primers and plink around the clubhouse.

We'd get bunnies down to the range once in a while. Mostly had to deal with corporate retreat types putting everything on expense accounts. Had to watch out for drunks who never handled guns before...That was interesting for a 17 year old.

I also pulled Skeet for Bob Sturgis and his wife (founder of Gander Mountain) pretty regularily. He was a great skeet shooter, prefering a 1100 20 gauge. Nice Guy.
Flight engineer on C-130's flying low level routes was the best but flying on them was always great. Flying low level in the fall when the leaves were full color and when everything was covered with snow was my favorite.

[Linked Image]
Dredging for gold during the summer months...
bull riding was a blast, not much of a living though. I did my fair share of being a saddle tramp, punching cows. fighting forest fires was a blast and paid real well. the Navy was exciting but not what I would call a "fun job" all around.

I'd have to say being a dad is the funnest job I have ever had smile
Macks Sport Shop Kodiak Alaska. Got to handle guns all day long, talk fishing and hunting and have conversations with people from all over the world. The locals were great folks and I got to work with some really great people. The discount screwed up my paycheck from time to time though!
I got to meet and talk with Chuck Adams too.
Head Projectionist in a Movie Theatre(Totem Theatre in Anchorage) did it thru High School. The Manager, every thurs night we would have to watch new print, would bring in about a case of beer and we would watch them, all the while putting the beer away. grin
Heck, almost everything I've ever done was fun to some degree.

List toppers, though, have to be:

Flying jets for the AF. Getting paid to zoom around the sky in jets.

Flying combat. Honest. Being in sole control of lives, saving some and taking others while being shot at is the ultimate excitement.

Launch commentator for space shots. Describing the launch events for a worldwide audience in your best "FM" voice is a blast - even if you are anonymous.

Announcer in strip joints. Done just for fun, but it was that! No pay except for all the beer and skin you can handle.

Voice talent for commercials. Anonymous again, but somebody does all those commercials you hate - and it pays REALLY well.

Writing. There's something both immediate and permanent in having your name in a byline.
[quote=SamOlson]Pouring concrete is fun.

I'm calling B.S
I used to put the padded arm on for the police dept so they could send their dogs at me.

I didn't get paid, rather saw it as community service. Was only bit twice, pretty neat fun...boy was I stupid.
Fun job was working in the trauma center at UAB. Never a dull moment. A definate rush holding another life in your hand.
Strangest job I ever had was playing the piano in a funeral home from bout age 12 to 18.
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Head Projectionist in a Movie Theatre(Totem Theatre in Anchorage) did it thru High School. The Manager, every thurs night we would have to watch new print, would bring in about a case of beer and we would watch them, all the while putting the beer away. grin

The best part was all the young chicks coming up to the booth to bring me snacks. Yummy! grin
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Announcer in strip joints. Done just for fun, but it was that! No pay except for all the beer and skin you can handle.

And you are a Mormon? Did the Church know about that? grin
Whatever makes you think I'm Mormon? Living in Utah?

I lived in Mississippi, but it didn't make me Baptist; I lived in Texas but it didn't make me Methodist; and I lived in Florida but it didn't make me Jewish. I even lived in Vietnam for a year, but amazingly enough I'm not Buddhist, either.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Whatever makes you think I'm Mormon? Living in Utah?

I lived in Mississippi, but it didn't make me Baptist; I lived in Texas but it didn't make me Methodist; and I lived in Florida but it didn't make me Jewish. I even lived in Vietnam for a year, but amazingly enough I'm not Buddhist, either.

Yes! I thought one had to Mormon to live in Utah. Much like in the old days one had to be Catholic and Irish to live in Butte Montana. grin

Funnest job? Shooting critters and getting paid for it. A zillion prairie rats, quite a number of coyotes and lotsa deer. But then, after the fun was over, I always owed some manufacturer an article that highlighted their product. That was not so much fun, but if you're gonna dance, you gotta pay the fiddler grin

Suckiest job? When I was working construction between my sophomore and junior year in college, I worked on a floating restaurant in Portland. The River Queen, if you know it, at the base of Spokane Street on the Willamette River.

Anyway, one Monday morning, I showed up for work and the below-decks sewer line had suffered a catastrophic failure. Two full days (and nights) of diner's piss, schit, tampons and toilet paper filled perhaps eighteen-inches of the entire hull of the boat.

At the first ladder down, four of our construction crew of six simply quit the job and walked away. The smell was beyond belief; it was a HOT August and the stewing schit ... Well, you get the idea.

The boss enlisted the help of several neighborhood indigents, promising them booze or something. No normal person would ever do this work. The smell, the danger of infection and the risk of passing out in the intense heat and falling in the schit was simply too high.

Our orders were to bring the crap in five-gallon buckets to the deck and quietly slip it into the Willamette River. I'm thinking that it was illegal, immoral and against every sanitary rule in the book.

So, that's what we did.

It took forever, but we finally got done about midnight.

They closed the restaurant and let us work in peace ... If scooping up heavy five-gallon buckets of schit-piss-tampons, scrambling up two below-deck ladders and pouring schit overboard, only to repeat the process numberless times, can be called "working in peace."

I was hungry for college money, so from midnight until six in the morning, I washed the inside of the hull with some kind of piney-smelling stuff.

I pulled my normal 7 AM to 5 PM construction job of welders helper that day. I was a tired puppy that night, but I'd made a significant amount of money and it went a long ways towards paying for the next year's tuition.

*Caution: Rant*
(As an aside, neither Karen nor I ever accepted any money from our parents. We were married, we bought a home, the one we still live in, and we went to college. I friggin' worked and made it happen. Modern kids should have that drive and ambition ... It made me sick then and it makes me sick now to see folks who believe that they are "owed" a living and an education) *Rant over*

It was only after the schit had been removed, the hull had been washed down and ventilator fans had exchanged air that the welders could replace the sewer pipe. Apparently, there was a concern about methane gas or something.

I never, never swam in the Willamette River again.

Steve

I dunno. It was either flying combat, crawling in the mud during incoming, blowing stuff up, treasure diving or ATC. Never got paid directly for drinking but it was right smart fun now and then.
I've been really lucky that I have never held a job I didn't like.....didn't like some of the people I worked with/for at times.....but the jobs were great. I've done a lot of different things over the years because I refuse to move to a city and you have to hustle to make a decent living way out in the country. Unfortunately, the "funnest" jobs never seem to pay very well.

Highlights include:

Counciler at Boy Scout Camp: At 15-16 this was the perfect job. Get to live in a tent, in the woods and only "work" a few hours a day teaching woodscraft, archery, rifle, watercraft skills and go on hikes and teach survival skills. On top of that I got free food and a paycheck!! It didn't hurt that the camp manager had two daughters (age 15 and 16) who thought I was "dreamy". If he only knew what I taught them those summers!

Bullrider: I was very young and it was a blast, but I quickly realized I wasn't Donnie Gay. Stll paying for the abuse of my body then.....35 years later.

Pro Baseball: Very low level minors so pay wasn't enough to live on without another job when not playing ball. Still it was a dream come true fo a while.....just wish I'd had enough talent to make it a career.

Gunsmith: Way too much fun, but discovered that a rural, small-town gunshop didn't do enough buisness to pay the bills no matter how good you are. Stll....guns and "work" in the same sentence and being your own boss.....doesn't get any better than that.

Sports and Outdoor Editor for newspaper and radio: Actually stuck with this one for more than 5 years even though the pay was not outstanding and the hours were very long. I was also the lead photographer for the newspaper and radio news website.
Picture this....I'd drift into the office whenever I felt like it, then go to the lake to fish with the local pros or cover a tournament. During hunting season the area I'd get to hunt with various outfitters and guides. In the evenings I'd go to the High School, college and sometimes area pro (if one of out "local" boys was playing) ball games, sit in the pressbox or go down to the sidelines/bench with a camera. Went to at least 10 state championship games each year!!! Sometimes I'd have a photo shoot at local events (photographers have LOTS of fun....you'd be amazed at what women will do when in front of a camera being shot by a "pro" (during and AFTER the "event"). Too bad it didn't pay so well....had to give it up eventually. I was a "celebity" and everyone in 7 counties knew who I was and wanted me to be at their events and parties!!

My Number 1 job (considering the time and my age)......
Varmit control: When I was 8 or 9 years old an uncle hired me to protect his fruit trees and pecans. I would sneak into the trees at daylight with my .22 and was paid $.03 for each Bluejay and $.05 for each squirrel I brought to the house at dark.......and HE SUPPLIED THE AMMO!!!!

Been a pretty good life. Even now things are pretty neat. I work two weeks at a time, then get two weeks off......and make more money than at any job I've ever held. And even when "working"....I seldom do more than 10 hours of "real" work in a two-week period. The rest of the time I watch satalite TV and play on the computer.

Funnest Job: Gunner on river assault boat in Mekong Delta 6/69 - 6/70. Had my own M2 50 Cal BMG, Mod 37 Ithaca 12 Ga., M-16, M-2 Carbine, S&W Mod 10, and all the ammo I could shoot up. Also, had access to a 20 MM cannon, a 60 MM mortar tube, M-79 and M-18, and M-19 grenade launchers. All the grenades I could throw and all the flares I could shoot.

It was also one of the worse jobs I have ever had. Try keeping all that stuff cleaned and operating in Monsoon rains and 100% humidity day after day.

That ain't all you were pullin'. grin

Funnest job, driving show cars from the inspection lot to the show area.

It was all down hill from there.
While I'm not sure if it's the "Funnest Job" or not but but I had a ball one time south Of Moses Lake, Washington at the Potholes National Wildlife Refuge rounding up Renegade Cows that had escaped from approved feeding area to forbidden feeding area and herding them back to where they were supposed to be on horse back.

Probably the worst job for me was shoveling the last stage of alpha after the cows got through processing the alpha at a feed lot with 20,000 head of cattle, now that's not a pretty sight or a glamorous job at all. Don't even ask me how I know......
Most fun was delivering Pizza in College. Everybody loves the Pizza guy (including inebriated coeds who often answered the door).

BMT
CRT Leader on a Mall Security detail. You LEO's have no idea where the real action is.
i spent a couple of years on a euclid truck which is simply a go-cart with a 50 ton payload capacity...
Being a "real" cop was an aweful lot of fun. Those days are long gone, for me a least.
I was an assistant supervisor in a sports program for autistic adolescents and young adults. That was the only job I didn't consider a job. Looked forward every day to showing up for work. Basically work was playing various sports with a bunch of college student volunteers and autistic young men and women. We had bowling day, baseball day, roller skating day, basketball day, etc. What a job.
I worked at a Gun/Hunting store ( The Sports Center in Natchez, Ms.) for 5 years during the summers and when football and baseball seasons weren't in full swing.

I mounted scopes, learned to assemble & tune bows and occasionally, got to go sight in rifles for customers.

I also logged in any gun and bow repairs and was responsible for returning them to the factory to be fixed.

Gave me a good insight into what products had quality issues at the time.

I really enjoyed that job.
I have to go back a long way to answer this one. The year was 1969 and I was a lad 16. My best friend asked if I'd travel across the Columbia River to Goldendale, WA (very small town) to help his step-mom for the weekend in their restaurant. I said "sure, why not". He and I worked Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. I got minimum wage ($1.25/hr) and was dog tired at the end of it all. Now, why would this be my best job ever? whistle Goldendale was hosting Girl's State that weekend and their restaurant was the only one in town. I can't elaborate further ... wink
Many years ago I was a chocolate tester. Got my fill. Now have no desire for chocolate. That job ruined my favorite addiction.....
Teaching anatomy and embryology to nursing students. It was strictly look but don't touch, but there was some very nice look.

Conducting research on aquatic invertebrates was not shabby either. I could boat, fish, dive, and generally mess around in the outdoors all I wanted in some very beautiful locations.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Pouring concrete is fun.

[Linked Image]

Looks like Sam just whacked that guy. Must have been the fun part about pouring concrete. I did that for a while back in the late 50's and it sure weren't much fun then.
Working as an orderly in the hospital in Alice Springs, Australia. One of my main duties was to drive the amublance, to either meet the flying doctor and patients at the airport or to drive out within a 500 mile radius of Alice Springs to the mostly aboriginal settlements to pick up patients. Always went with a RN, those longs drives could be fun. Also it was my duty to drive the RN's that didn't have cars home on night shift as it was a tough town. I love nurses.

For some perverted reason, I always thought that driving the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile would be a HOOT.

I've passed the Weinermobile several times in Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. Always felt like a dick when I went by it 80 mph. grin

Steve

Originally Posted by SamOlson
Pouring concrete is fun.

[Linked Image]

I used to be a concrete pump operator until the economy took as dump
For nearly a Year I worked as a Teller at a Bank. I was the only male. You would be suprised at what goes on behind the counter. Lots of fun and lots of turn-on, pay was terrible. I did enjoy going to work each day.
I spent my teen-aged summers as a Carny Barker in New Jersey. A lot of fond memories there.

In a weird way, wrestling harbor seals for my ex's grad thesis was fun, too.
My college work study job was working maintenance in the girl's dorms. That job had some perks.
Worst is loading turkeys for the slaughterhouse at 2 a.m. A nose full of turkey crap, and arms that are three inches longer than when you start. Good money, though.

The funnest how I put myself through college: bouncing at a little resort disco/bar thingy.

My, what euro girls will do on vacation is quite the lesson for a 19-20 year old..... FWIW, Dutch.
Pics? smile
Playing guitar for money is by FAR the most fun "job" I've ever had... on good nights anyway. crazy

I worked as a technical writer for a blimp company when I got out of college, then when the docs package was done, was hired as an "inventor's assistant".

The blimp crashed onto an apartment building in NYC on the 4th of July, 1993. I was going to be riding in it that night to run the nightsign over a MLB baseball game or something like that.

That was an interesting job. smile If you click the link below, look at the "Specifications Book" or whatever they call it on that webpage. I wrote that.

Link to Blimp Company

My recording studio has had it's interesting moments, to be sure... probably one of the more interesting was a session I did in the mid 90's recording a couple of guys who were on the run from Johnny Law. I didn't know it at the time, specifically, but the energy of that particular session was certainly a little... odd. One of them later contacted me from prison asking me not to "sell the tapes to that b!tch!" or something like that. I have no idea what he even MEANT.
Most fun job is the one I have -

hunting with clients in Germany and Alaska and researching and teaching wildlife management and hunting beats Navy, metal working, night watch at the home for abused children (that was the most sad, but in a way also rearding job I did).

*Caution: Rant*
(As an aside, neither Karen nor I ever accepted any money from our parents. We were married, we bought a home, the one we still live in, and we went to college. I friggin' worked and made it happen. Modern kids should have that drive and ambition ... It made me sick then and it makes me sick now to see folks who believe that they are "owed" a living and an education) *Rant over*

Dogzapper, Rant back from a hard working youngster to your eyes:

I friggin work for my family. It makes me sick to see old geezzers call things they did 40 years wrong experience and block the young generations progress in the world, wasting resources, ruining things for our children.

Mellow out, Sir.
Originally Posted by dogzapper

For some perverted reason, I always thought that driving the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile would be a HOOT.

I've passed the Weinermobile several times in Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. Always felt like a dick when I went by it 80 mph. grin

Steve

I imagine you'd feel worse if the weinermobile passed you. smile
Bar back and bouncer when I was 21/22. Instant popularity.
I cleaned chicken crap out of chicken houses when I was 13,for .50cents an hour,10 hour days 6 days a week,back then it wasn't bad money for a punk kid.
teaching industral Fire Fighting Part time.
[Linked Image]
That is easy. I was actually paid to test drive formula cars and sports racers for other drivers. I would give suggestions on set up and driving technique. Didn't do a lot of it, but that which I did was great fun.
Working on my best friend's dad's farm during the summers in the late 70's while going to college was the most fun I've had on a job. We planted cotton and soybeans on about 2500 acres. Most of my time involved driving an IH 1466 pulling a do-all behind it, but I did a little bit of everything on the farm.

Most fun was working South America for a few years in the oilpatch. Of course, there were a lot of times when it definitely was not fun. Make the most of the good and deal with the bad.
working at local racetrack.Fri stock cars sat drags had a blast
Rocky R Did you also fly Broncos?

Digital "D" Were you in Mikes and snakes, or snakes?
I had one job in the early 70's where I did " Security Checks" on a Dept. store chain....
This meant simply I went into a store and stole as much stuff as I could, then rounded up the Security Manager and let him know what a schitty job he was doing....
I could literally fill a van with merchandise of all types...never got "caught".... smile
Kind of a twist on being a "Secret Shopper"...
Ingwe
Louis: Only the Oscar Duck (O-2).

The covert mission I flew depended on a flimsy cover story that depended on the O-2 also being a commercial private plane (Cessna 337). If we were ever shot down over Cambodia, the government would have claimed that our unmarked planes were "probably some drug runner" who crashed. I actually got the "Mission Impossible" speech that said I would be officially denied if captured. It was funny - for about three seconds. The guy who told it to me was NOT laughing.
I met one of those guys once...NSA... long story...
At any rate when he flashed his Official DOD ID, I noticed he was---no kidding---Agent # 007
I broke out laughing... laugh
He Did Not.
Ingwe
Be hard to upgrade the fun I'm having at my present position (I assume it well). Night Security at ranch/resort in the Adirondack's. It's a party every night.
A co-worker of mine several years ago had a sister-in-law that was a shift manager at a brothel in Nevada...no kidding...and he had the t-shirt.
Sitting in a Fotomat booth selling film and looking at everybody's pictures. The things that I could tell you that I have seen in pictures....
I'll likely be getting some girl on girl pictures from the hot tub/spa at work...soon.
What is the issued sidearm? wink
Working at Frontierland at Disneyland when I was in high school. The pay was minium wage, and you had to cut your hair laugh.

It was total fun - we used to race canoes around Tom Sawyer's island after closing.
Aside from my short lived stint as a chi-neese rocket pilot,it would have to be the two years I was a stand-in stunt man for Johnny "The Wad" Holmes.That was right before I started back driving tractor trailer trucks full time.Yep,Yep.That was my funnest.
Oh, Flying PA-32-300's out on the Yukon River Delta was fun, learned how to really do cross wind landings. Then there was the Cancel check run I use to fly, Started out with a 310 Q on that and ended up with a 337, for some odd reason, liked the 337. But the best fun job I ever had was flying a Bell 47 G-3 in Mc Carthy Alaska. Didn't fly as much as we thought we would but it was one of the most joyful summers I ever had. For the worst, flying off a Korean Tuna Boat.
Being a karaoke jockey/host. The pay aint bad either.
© 24hourcampfire