Home
Posted By: Scott F Home Again - 10/31/09
Made it home about 11 last night. 4,000 plus miles and I am a little tired. A whole lot to do around here and I have to admit I am fighting a bad case of depression. SIL stole all my dreams and there does not seem to be a light at the end of this tunnel.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
There's no light at the end of the tunnel when it's night out there.

Sun-up changes that.

The sun always comes up.

Look again after sun-up.

And grin, grin, grin anyway.
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
Scott; I can see good things happening. You're home safely with your lovely wife. Fall has fell, so we know global warming didn't kill us ---just yet, anyway. The fish are spawning, so the bears won't have to eat us instead of the fish. And the birds are migrating south because there's going to be another winter, and another spring and summer after that.
Cool, huh? Hang in there.
Think happy thoughts: Be glad you don't look like me or Archie!!! grin
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
Sure there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't an oncoming train either.

Take stock of what you have:

A job,

A good Lady,

Kids and grand kids,

The FBI is apparently not on your case and left you, your computer, and your farm intact,

You have friends, both real and virtual,

And most important of all you have your Christian faith.

Sure your SIL kick you in the groin but when you look at all you have life isn't so bad. Hang in there Scott, there are a whole lot of people who would be sad to see you gone both real and virtual.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
Greedy relatives robbed me of my inheritance but could not take or diminish my heritage � which is the better part anyway.

I assume that you can say the same.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
People are [bleep] but life goes on. Only 2 choices, roll over and die with it or keep going.

Methinks you are a keep going guy.
Posted By: I_will_be_Frank Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
At least you are not your son-in-law! I bet he's having a big time right about now. Be strong...your daughter needs you so she can have someone to lean on.
Posted By: shreck Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
Grad a gun and go shootin!
Posted By: Scott F Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
Thanks guys, I am working on it and making progress but it is slow. Friends like you all here are a huge help.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
There will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps much brighter that at this moment you can imagine.
Posted By: Pete E Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Sure there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't an oncoming train either.

Take stock of what you have:

A job,

A good Lady,

Kids and grand kids,

The FBI is apparently not on your case and left you, your computer, and your farm intact,

You have friends, both real and virtual,

And most important of all you have your Christian faith.

Sure your SIL kick you in the groin but when you look at all you have life isn't so bad. Hang in there Scott, there are a whole lot of people who would be sad to see you gone both real and virtual.

Scott,

I couldn't have put it better than D_D in his post above. Yes yur recent events havebeen earth shaking, but I have the distinct impression your and your good wife are stronge enough to weather the storm and you will not only get through it, but come out closer and more united..

Regards,

Peter
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
Scott;
I'm glad to see you've made it home safe my friend.

I hope and pray that you find something or some way to get your thoughts and mind in a better place.

I have a theory that it might be just a �hangover� from being in Edmonton though perhaps? laugh

OK, that was my attempt at humor and personally I can stand being in Edmonton or Calgary much easier than Vancouver somehow.

Anyway, you and yours continue to be in our thoughts and prayers Scott.

Dwayne
Posted By: T LEE Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
Hang in there friend, as the saying goes "It is always darkest before the dawn".

The Good Lord never gives us more than He knows we can handle.
Posted By: Waders Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
Hey Scott,

We're BBQing some steaks tomorrow night. If you want to come down to Centralia for beef and baked spuds, let me know! Seriously, it might be a good time. I'm headed out the door to get a haircut, but you can give me a call later tonight. 360-736-2352. My wife is totally up for it too.
Posted By: Powerguy Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
When a door closes a window opens my friend

Get some sleep and you'll feel better.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
Originally Posted by Scott F
SIL stole all my dreams ......

Only if you let him keep them.
Posted By: Aileinduinn Re: Home Again - 10/31/09
SIL stole one path. The dream is still there.
Another path will open, you'll find it I am sure.
Glad to hear you're home safe and sound.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Home Again - 11/01/09
Made it home about 11 last night. 4,000 plus miles and I am a little tired. A whole lot to do around here and I have to admit I am fighting a bad case of depression. SIL stole all my dreams and there does not seem to be a light at the end of this tunnel.

Scott,
It is perfectly understandable to be depressed, considering what you have been through.
I think I would be very depressed, myself.

It may take some time for you to adjust to this, my friend.
It will get better-'This too shall pass.'
Posted By: lightman Re: Home Again - 11/01/09
Hi Scott,Glad your home safe.Derby Dude said it so well that I can't think of anything to add.Just keep hanging in there.Your family are still in our prayers. Lightman
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Home Again - 11/01/09
There is light, this is just a long tunnel. You'll get there.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Home Again - 11/01/09
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Scott; I can see good things happening. You're home safely with your lovely wife. Fall has fell, so we know global warming didn't kill us ---just yet, anyway. The fish are spawning, so the bears won't have to eat us instead of the fish. And the birds are migrating south because there's going to be another winter, and another spring and summer after that.
Cool, huh? Hang in there.
Think happy thoughts: Be glad you don't look like me or Archie!!! grin

---------------------------------------------------------------

+1 Bulletbutt from worshington state!

Times heals all wounds Scott

Posted By: jimmyd223 Re: Home Again - 11/01/09
Hey scott, look at it this way, your not the one that will get buggered and become somebody's bitch for an extended timeframe. Sometimes paybacks come in a strange way.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Home Again - 11/01/09
I have read these replies five times. I have taken them to heart. Had a long talk last night with my daughter and my wife. They have a plan to force my to retire 18 months from tomorrow. I will me needed full time on the farm bu then. They will have me doing two to three farmers markets a week and one wool show a year. Then in my off time I can farm.

I am working hard on forgiving my SIL. Please not I did not lie and say I have forgiven him. That is taking me a while.

All in all with a lot of help from real friends here and family I have chased away the blues. Today was a good day. Tomorrow will be better.

Thank you my friends for your help, support and slapping an old man around when that was exactly what he needed. I will survive and I will be stronger for the effort. Now if this damned rib would heal and I could breathe normal again... grin
Posted By: Barak's Womn Re: Home Again - 11/02/09
I am working hard on forgiving my SIL. Please not I did not lie and say I have forgiven him. That is taking me a while.

As we say to the women in prison, forgiveness is a process. It does not happen instantly or by magic. It can be a long, arduous, and difficult process. Seek help from God and He will answer your prayer (but then, you know that smile ).

You and your family are in my prayers.

Penny
© 24hourcampfire