Home
What do you get them for Christmas?

I am struggling mightily trying to figure out what to get for my dad.

Any cool ideas? You guys always seem to be loaded with creativity.

Looking in the $200 range

A nice savage mug smile
http://www.zazzle.com/grogel
Man can never have enough knives. Particularly from a son.
Gift certificate from Cabela's would likely be well recieved but I, too, like very much to give an actual gift and something that will be really well liked and used. Tell us what kind of hunting he likes to do and we can be of more help. I will tell you that we dads of adult kids cherish time with them so a gift certificate for a day of guided fishing, goose or duck hunting, varmint shooting etc where the two of you would be together for the fun would, I predict, be a big hit. I have taken my dad on some really fun lower cost trips like one day Goose and duck hunts for just the two of us and they are all cherished memories. Wifey and I just arrainged for an all day steelhead fishing trip with her dad and we are sure he will love it. Plus, YOU get to go and have fun WITH him. A win-win there.

Last idea, stuff from the hunting world that is really pretty that he would not buy for himself would probably be a big hit. a Knife with scrimshaw on it or with some gold inlays and engraving etc. A showpiece more than a working item. Hope these idea's are of a help to you.
Cant imagine a Dad who wouldn't treasure a really nice knife from his son.
Another idea here..... if he reloads, does he have the newer stuff that makes handloading faster and more fun like the electronic powder dipensers or powered case care center?
Another vote for a knife. 1/2 what you're planning to spend will get you a kershaw gentleman's folder 1993-2, known by some as the hff

[Linked Image]

Personally, I don't like gift certificates. I'd much rather have a simple inexspensive gift that some thought went into than a double or more the value in a gift certificate.
Bet he ain't got one of these

http://www.alaskafurexchange.com/oosik.shtml
Got my Dad a Ruger super single six for Christmas one year. He loved it. Unfortunately I got it back a few years later. That one will not leave me so when I carry it he still walks the fields he loved. Bear
Dittos on the knife. Another idea (on top of the knife) is to take a kid hunting who normally would not have the chance and tell your dad you are doing it as a thank you & tribute to him. You know, passing it on. Teach them what your dad taught you.
If he reloads, how about an 8-pound keg of his favorite powder? If he doesn't reload, how about several boxes of his favorite type(s) of ammo.
Those leather bound photo album/journal deals that cabelas sells.
Higher end products that he wouldn't normally buy for himself.Knife,Binos,clothing,etc.
Surefire has a new torch ... for my pop...

http://www.surefire.com/E2DL

Framed picture(s) of you and yours. (No matter how ugly you may be.)
Maglite LED flashlights, Garmin Etrex GPS, and a Gerber or Buck knife.
© 24hourcampfire