Home
So I was flipping channels and ended up on CNN earlier. I normally don't watch CNN but CNN had Anderson Cooper down in Haiti already of course.

They had to take him off the air when they had a mini riot/stampede near his location.

I really don't think it was a great idea to send a guy as white as casper with a news crew to a region with no electricity, no food, no water, and no government even in times before the quake - to walk around with bright lights which screams "ROB ME".
Anderson's been in some pretty tough places...For a guy that's part of the Vanderbilt clan you'd think he could find better things to do.
Not to worry. No doubt Christine (sp?) Amanpour is on the way.
I hope they're taking a sizable force with them. I gotta believe the longer it goes on down there the more danger people with "stuff" will be in danger.
I believe the Marines are suppose to arrive tomorrow 2000 of them.
It's going to be interesting to watch what ( if ANY) Quarantine protocols are established.

That place has been a festering pest hole from Day 1.

......now this,.....Anderson better watch he don't bring home more than some good news footage.

GTC
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
......now this,.....Anderson better watch he don't bring home more than some good news footage.

Hey, newsman, squeal like a pig, boy.....
so I'm listening to the radio this AM. Plea being made for civilians to send monies to so-&-so organizations to help with relief.

few minutes later another station reporting about the widespread looting and pillaging of foods, etc. going on there.

Reminds me of Katrina.
Those who haven't BEEN there,

are NOT going to understand,

GTC
Thank God, I killed that flashing avatar. I'm still leaving the [bleep] on ignore
HMmmmmm,

.....uh, OK

if you say so

GTC
Originally Posted by Tracks
Thank God, I killed that flashing avatar. I'm still leaving the [bleep] on ignore

ME TOO
I pity the medical personnel trying to operate down there.....where virtually everyone has AIDS.
When I was in the CG down in FL, my roommates were on the cutters who had to deal with the Haitians floating in the ocean. They said the floaters they had to pick up who were trying too make it to FL would cut themselves with glass and throw the glass at the coasties while yelling "Aids". [bleep] up world down there...

Scary part is, that every woman of breeding age down there I see in the news footage is holding an infant..
I still wondering what exactly is worth saving down there?
Originally Posted by Pete E
I still wondering what exactly is worth saving down there?

For Obama, it's future voters.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I pity the medical personnel trying to operate down there.....where virtually everyone has AIDS.

And WORSE.

GTC
© 24hourcampfire