Home
Posted By: Waders Best way to sell a bear rug?? - 01/31/10
Gentlemen,

My shooting partner has pancreatic cancer and the prognosis is pretty much what you'd expect with a disease that boasts a 95% mortality rate. Anyway, he has made his peace with it and wants to do a lot of shooting in the time he has left. He is planning on buying a Kimber in .257 Roberts.

To help fund the Kimber purchase he wants to sell his brown bear rug. (He shot the bear in Alaska years ago and had it done into a fairly typical rug). Neither he nor I have ever tried to sell a bear rug before. So...does anybody know the best venue to sell one??? Ebay? Craigslist? Somewhere else? Plus, does anyone have any idea what price it might bring?

All info/suggestions appreciated!

Thanks fellas!
Honestly I would think you would have a better chance selling it in the clasifieds here than on Ebay or Craigslist.
This like might give you an idea of the value

http://www.bearskin-rugs.com/best_sellers.php
Wow! The 6 footer was almost 4000 dollars! Wonder what my 8 footer is worth!!!
I would avoid Craigslist like the plague. Too many anti-types messing with hunting related ads.

I would post exactly what you have typed here in the free classifieds.
Sorry about your Bud.Tell him to not give up to fast.Guy I know was told this 5 years ago and keeps plugging along.He has managed to squeeze in a few hunts of a lifetime!!!Best of luck to him and selling his rug. Huntz
I should add the same. My Uncle was diagnosed about six months before Patrick Swayze.

He's still going to work on most days, and he just got back from a vacation in Costa Rica. I hope your friend is so fortunate.

With a nekkid refrigerator girl on top of it?
Originally Posted by Karnis
With a nekkid refrigerator girl on top of it?

Um, I haven't seen her in all my visits to his place. I could ask his wife though...

smile
I've seen quite a few bear skin rugs posted on Gunbroker.com I would think that they might be a little more receptive than Ebay to something like that.
go to:
Taxidermy.net

There is an entire forum dedicated to selling taxidermy items.

Good luck,
Tom
EBay with a reserve price , if it doesn't meet the reserve you don't have to sell.
Thanks for all the help everyone!
© 24hourcampfire