Home
Yeah, yeah, I know there are those who are completely against light beer...but for those whom are not offended by such a thing, what's your favorite?

For taste; Rolling Rock Light

For low cal/carbs: Bud Select 55..used to be MGD 64, but i think Bud Select 55 is better (meaning, sucks less)
Michelob Ultra Amber
The only beer i like is ROOT BEER
Hmmmmmm . . . . . . . . .

Bud Light.

BMT
I drink Labatt Blue Light (Canadian Beer). I like the taste of it that's why I drink it. I used to drink it in bulk, now I have about a 12 pack a month.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

For low cal/carbs: Bud Select 55..used to be MGD 64, but i think Bud Select 55 is better (meaning, sucks less)

I hunt with a guy who trains for the MMA-style fighting and he always keeps the 64's in the truck. I kinda like them for what they are. The Bud Selects were my previous choice, so I may have to try those new 55's. None of them are going to be great, but I don't feel bad about coming in from a workout and having a beer when it is an ultralight.....
Yeah, yeah, I know there are those who are completely against light beer...but for those whom are not offended by such a thing, what's your favorite?

I hear Fluffy, JOG and Dpole all crave Grain Belt Light... laugh
I think the ultra-lights are basically slightly better flavored Neer-Beer that doesn't upset my stomach.

I like how Jpro put it...I like them for what they are.
Not sure this belongs here, but I do keep a couple on hand for cooking..

Using beer for soup or stew stock can mightily enhance the flavor of the dish..
Bud Light
Blatz Light
I prefer tap water to lite beer if I'm thirsty. Better flavor and even fewer carbs.

Count me in on the hate lite's, My favorites are what others are drinkin' and leaving the REAL beer for me! smile smile
Not a big fan of the light beers. Regular Rolling Rock is as light as I go if it's hot weather.
Have to admit, in the summer instead of water I drink Coors Light!
Are you mad at water?
I agree.

The Miller 69 and that Bud 55 is seriously a joke.

Coors Light always tasted like biting a penecilin capsule....with some water.
I'm usually not a Bud fan but I do like their new Select. Other than that, Corona light and Amstel light are another 2 of my favorites.
The only light beer I could ever get down was Michelob Light, it was still heavier than some regular beers. Light beers are way too carbonated for me, two or three and I am belching like crazy. Regular beers I can drink all day without getting full feeling, but light beer, I'll pass. A cold Newcastle sounds pretty good right now, thanks.
BUD LIGHT!

Bought (another)case on the way home from the range today.

I like most all beers, except for that godawful chit that has 'spices' in it. Makes me sick.
I mentioned the MGD 64 being the choice of one hunting partner, but Coors Light is the choice of another. Those two get together regulary and can (will) down a 12pk in the blink of an eye, yet are still in great physical shape, probably better than 95% of the general population.

Yes they are tasty, but most folks can't drink "heavy" beers in that same manner without looking like a porker.
The point for me is to enjoy three real beers instead of slamming down twelve cans of watered horse piss.
Fixing to have an Amber Bock with my Pizza right now.
Good for you Mr. T! smile
Originally Posted by mathman
The point for me is to enjoy three real beers instead of slamming down twelve cans of watered horse piss.

You're obviously not a redneck from Eastern Montana.

And I like to think there's a time and a place for both sipping and slamming......(grin)
What's your preference, Sam? laugh
light beer is like having sex in a canoe aweful close to WATER.
Ain't gonna say!

Horse piss is popular there? grin

In my bestest Mr. Ed voice:

Bite me, Wilbur!! wink
Make mine Sam Adams Light.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Bite me, Wilbur!! wink

laughin'!
Figures.
Oops.
smile laugh
Coors light nomally, but my kid got me to try some Shiner Bock, in Dallas, last month. I really liked that!grin

maddog
In my bestest Mr. Ed voice

Wasn't he the talking tap?
Maybe........
You know, for Lite.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Bite me, Wilbur!! wink

LOVE IT Ironbender!

[Linked Image]
Discovered the Golden Wheat version of Bud Light early last fall. First light beer I can say that I truly enjoyed. Got me through deer season.
I loved that show!

Sorry for the 'jack Kevin.
[quote=fishdog52]Discovered the Golden Wheat version of Bud Light early last fall. First light beer I can say that I truly enjoyed. quote]

The Golden Wheat BL might be the first light beer with some flavor that I recall.

Had some Shiner Bock with some BBQ brisket this past weekend, and it was "near water" to me.
Me and Les are going to drink Sam Adams Utopia! He buys and I smile drink!
Michelob Ultra.
Michelob Light, Bub Light, Amstel Light are all good.

Won't tolerate, or even drink to be polite, the panther piss called Miller Lite.

MM
I used to be a beer snob. I liked the imports, and the heavier, the better.
I have since seen the error of my ways.

The social circle that I inhabit includes mostly hillbillies of lower socio-economic status. They are generous to a fault, and you can not visit a home or go to a social event without someone putting a beer in your hand. To refuse a beer is considered the height of rudeness.

Given the large volume consumed, and the limited income of this particular demographic, Milwaukee's Best Light is the predominant beverage. Bud Light and Coors Light are considered "premium beers".

I have learned to tolerate MBL, and actually like Coors Light. I have to force myself to drink Bud light, because it usually gives me a splitting headache, but, where I'm from you don't look a gift horse in the mouth (unless you want your head shoved up the gift horse's azz).

My hillbilly buddies have cured me from being a beer snob.
Leinenkugel's Light, if you can find it.

Basically, if it says Leinie on the label, you can't go too far wrong.

Leinie is currently making their seasonal 1888 Bock, a great beer!

Jeff
If it's light, it's 99% of the time a Sam Adams Light.
Natty!
As Pete from across the pond hasn't commented I'm gonna steal his comment. "Light beer is like canoe sex, fu*c&ng close to water".
Silver Bullet for me.
Sam Adams light isn't half bad.

IF I had to buy light beer, it would be Sam Adams or Saranac. A big IF though. A beer with no body is a waste of the ingredients. cry
Amstel and Sam Adams are tolerable.
Yes on the Amstel.

I don't care much for any Sam Adams, though it get the nod before any "Light" beer.
Originally Posted by Gadfly
I used to be a beer snob. I liked the imports, and the heavier, the better.
I have since seen the error of my ways.

The social circle that I inhabit includes mostly hillbillies of lower socio-economic status. They are generous to a fault, and you can not visit a home or go to a social event without someone putting a beer in your hand. To refuse a beer is considered the height of rudeness.

Given the large volume consumed, and the limited income of this particular demographic, Milwaukee's Best Light is the predominant beverage. Bud Light and Coors Light are considered "premium beers".

I have learned to tolerate MBL, and actually like Coors Light. I have to force myself to drink Bud light, because it usually gives me a splitting headache, but, where I'm from you don't look a gift horse in the mouth (unless you want your head shoved up the gift horse's azz).

My hillbilly buddies have cured me from being a beer snob.

In your previous life, you weren't just a 'beer snob', you were 'just a snob'!

Thanks to some good ole, down home folks, you have learned to be socialable and you developed good taste in the process!

grin grin grin

Originally Posted by fishdog52
Discovered the Golden Wheat version of Bud Light early last fall. First light beer I can say that I truly enjoyed. Got me through deer season.

That stuff's not half bad. I work with guys who drink Bud, Bud Lite and Coors Light. I'll choke down the Coors Light, but I don't like it very much!
Pearl Light.
Up north they are still working on the Heineken rifle silencer.
Mixed results, do not attempt.

[Linked Image]

Lone Star Lite does it for me.

[Linked Image]
Yep, Oldman, that was my point. The beer don't matter, as long as the company's good!
I prefer tap water to lite beer if I'm thirsty. Better flavor and even fewer carbs.
laugh laugh

Amstel Light is the only light beer I can get here and it is pretty darn good.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Leinenkugel's Light, if you can find it.

Basically, if it says Leinie on the label, you can't go too far wrong.

Leinie is currently making their seasonal 1888 Bock, a great beer!

Jeff

I'm with you on this one Jeff. The one exception for me being their sunset wheat. Bleccchhh!

Like some here have posted, Sam Adams lite is probably the best light beer I've tasted.
Pearl Lite in a bottle....
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

[Linked Image]

Speaking of sucking! blush blush blush

I agree with you on the beer.
[Linked Image]

As opposed to dark beer.

I hold diet beer in the same vein as decaffinated coffee, what's the point???
i am a michelob light kinda guy. it's not that it's light, its just the taste i go for. kinda like pop (soda for your hillbillies :), i like diet because the sugary stuff just tastes horrible to me.

that said, i don't mind bud light. if i have to drink light beer. michelob is where it's at. i also like Yuengling, Blue Moon, and Franzichkanner ("white ale" from Germany.)

and no "white ale" jokes. i ain't digital dan. lol
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Natty!

Haaaa!!

what kind of a weener drinks that swill water? whistle

grin

actually, as far as "like"?

I like regular michelob light.

not "mick ultra golden fruity sooper dooper short mag nike stripe lance armstrong drinks it so should you light"

just regular michelob light.

grin
Coors Light and Sam Adams Light.
Originally Posted by bruinruin
The one exception for me being their sunset wheat. Bleccchhh!
I couldn't agree more..

I tried a sip of that once.. Just once.. Never, EVER again...
© 24hourcampfire