Home
Mr Carmichel wishes to donate and personaly sign to the new owner, his copy of Dr Ken Howell book,

Designing and forming, Custom Cartridges, for rifles and hand guns.

Here's an example.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

20.00 per donation, you can make as many as you want. You will receive consideration for each one. All money will go into Ken's account for his use.

If you feel safe sending cash, I know some people like to, write your 24HCF handle here on each bill. Checks and MOs will be written to Ken Howell, put a slip of paper close to the size of a dollar bill with your 24 HCF on it for each 20.00 increment in your donation. We will keep a list of all handles and donations as a double record and final checklist. If you happen to forget the slips we will make sure everyone is in.

Final date to send donations would be March 12th and the date of Ken's choosing the 18th. That should have all in before the choosing.

Ken personally will choose the person to receive the book by drawing. Mr Carmichel will then sign the book and send it out.

For the address to send donations, PM THOMASMAGNUM, any questions also.

Again, Please send out donations by the 12th so we know they are all in for the drawing on the 18th.

Just the monetary value of these books are going for around 500.00 unsigned.

Thanks, Kent

Be good to keep this at the top.
bump
I agree with Keith.

I think the hard work done by some fine gents, for THE FINE GENTLEMAN, is deserving of a sticky.

Later....
Where do I send my donation?

Thanks for your work guys!!!

ddj
Anyone wanting to participate PM me and I will give you the address.
Thanks
Tom
bump
Pm'ed a request for a sticky to Rickbin
tom
It would be best when you are PMing for the address to say what you are sending so we can have a list to compare with at the time of drawing to make sure everyone is in. In case the mail is slow for some.

I don't think we need all info in your name and such, just your handle here and the winner will need to give the signing/shipping info after the drawing.

Kent
I know there are more but thank you Kent and THOMASMAGNUM. It really is heartwarming to see the amount of care you are giving to Ken.
Originally Posted by AKBoater
I know there are more but thank you Kent and THOMASMAGNUM. It really is heartwarming to see the amount of care you are giving to Ken.

And Paladin, CCCC, and any others!

Thanks from all of us.
Bump to the top for this again.
We are moving right along. Thanks to everyone who has put in so far. I will post a list tonight with the names so far, so we can make sure I have everybody.
Put me down, But I will donate it back as I have a copy signed by Ken.
Butch
Butch
Special thanks to you as well for helping to put the pieces in place so we could get this going for our friend.
Tom
Yes, thanks to Butch and Jim C.

Kent
bump
back to the top.
TTT
Thanks guys for all you are doing. I posted it in the enemy camp. Accurate Reloading and hope we get some of their money. I will hit BR.Com also.
Butch
Just want to bump this again. You guys are awesome!!! I can't believe the response in just the first day.
Here the list so far so I can make sure we have everybody so far. I will post updated list periodically until the cut off. I know some folks have said they wanted more than one donation, I have that on my master list, this is just the names.

beeman59
LeRoy
aj300mag
trouthunterdj
shortside
noKnees
idnative1948
Calhoun
Darby
Oldmanms2003
TLee
dvdgeorge
butchlambet1
AcesNeights
ford8n
digital dan
MagMarc
300Takedown
texasbatman
johnw
crossfireoops
Paladin

Again as I have said messages to all of you, thank you all so much. I can't express how much this means. You are all truly generous.
Tom

TTT.......
Bump, for the morning crowd.
bump
ThomasM, pm incoming.

BP...
just a reminder

Kent
bump
another bump
bump
btt
btt
btt
Hopefully this will be a sticky soon.
BTT
I've posted this on 2 other forums. Thomas, I have given the address privately to people I know from the other forums.
Butch
BTT
Kent or Thomas,

Which thread concerning the book "raffle" would you like us to maintain? This one or the "Ken Howell-Status Update"?
AK, this is the official donation post that we will update and should be made a sticky.

Ken Howell status post we will talk about his conditions or whatever anyone wants to share about the man.

Thanks, Kent
The Swedish curling team is HOT....or....TTT.
Hey guys thanks for keeping this and the other near the top. I have been able to get on until just now today. Been a long one.
For those that PM'ed me and haven't heard from me I will start getting back to you right now. I appreciate this very much.
Tom
TTT

another bump. miles
TTT
Do we have a count of the folks that have commited?
Butch
My envelope is on the way.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Do we have a count of the folks that have commited?
Butch

Sure do guys. Here is the list as it stands right now.
Folks that told me they were doing more than one are noted on my master list.
BeeMan59
LeRoy
aj300mag
trouthhnterdj
shortside
noKnees
idnative1948
Calhoun
Darby
Oldmanms2003
TLee
dvdegeorge
butchlambert1
AcesNeights
ford8n
Digitaldan
MagMarc
300Takedown
texasbatman
Johnw
crossfireoops
Paladin
Scott F
Kimber7man
Greyghost
RedRabbit
Waterguy
Boilerpig1
nighthawk
Delta Hunter
Chuck_tree
Southerntier8
remseven
GeoW
284LUVR
KSMITH
milespatton
BOBBALEE
RLA

Thats everyone who has PM'ed me so far. You guys are amazing.
Thank you all.

I haven't seen an address of where to send a check. Where?
Bigbuck215...
if you have pm'ed ThomasMagnum, he will get back to you the same way. If you haven't pm'ed him, do so, and you will get the addy.

Thanks for helping us!

Later.....
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
I haven't seen an address of where to send a check. Where?

Please check out the first post in thread, it will explain everything.
Thanks
tom
bump
another bump
Back to the top
ttt
help guys
Bump
You guys are great. Its truly appreciated.
Tom
Hey guys,
Lets keep it on top to help Ken.
Butch
Bump
Just a quick note I will heading over to let Ken know how folks have stepped up to help him tomorrow after work instead of today, as my mom was hospitalized today as well.

Nothing life threatening, and its a good thing she was put in.
Prayers for you Mom Sir.
bump money sent
Bump
For those that came late, here's what all the bumping is about. Donations got to Ken Howell who has been having a tough time medically lately.

Originally Posted by krp
Mr Carmichel wishes to donate and personaly sign to the new owner, his copy of Dr Ken Howell book,

Here's an example.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

20.00 per donation, you can make as many as you want. You will receive consideration for each one. All money will go into Ken's account for his use.

If you feel safe sending cash, I know some people like to, write your 24HCF handle here on each bill. Checks and MOs will be written to Ken Howell, put a slip of paper close to the size of a dollar bill with your 24 HCF on it for each 20.00 increment in your donation. We will keep a list of all handles and donations as a double record and final checklist. If you happen to forget the slips we will make sure everyone is in.

Final date to send donations would be March 12th and the date of Ken's choosing the 18th. That should have all in before the choosing.

Ken personally will choose the person to receive the book by drawing. Mr Carmichel will then sign the book and send it out.

Again, Please send out donations by the 12th so we know they are all in for the drawing on the 18th.

Thanks, Kent

Nighthawk thanks for that. I don't know why I didn't think of doing that myself.
Again
Bump ...... $ sent

GTC
$ Sent
Anybody bump this lately?

I was just going to look for this thread. Thanks 300.
This is for a very good person.
Butch
Come on folks, don't be coy. It's a terrific book. New price was around $90 and the ink won't fade.

laugh
TTT
My $20 bill is in the mailbox with the flag raised. It should be going out in the morning.
Hey guys just a quick update, same one I posted in the "Ken Update" thread. I was able to visit Ken tonight for a short time. He is doing really well, looks better than he has, and he seemed to have a good deal more energy. He was truly touched by that way folks are stepping up to help him with the book thing. I think he was surprised so many folks would do that.
I was only able to visit him for about forty minutes, as I had to get to the hospital where my mother was admitted yesterday. Its serious, but she is expected to recover fully after what we hope will be a brief period. Prayers appreciated.
Thanks again
Tom
Originally Posted by krp

Here's an example.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks, Kent

Continuing prayers for Ken and you & Your mom have been added.
ttt
Thanks TLee. I appreciate that.
pm sent
pm replied thank you.
I need the address and this seems like a good way top get the thread back up .
curdog
Send me a PM and I will get it to you.
Ken's money went in the mail today.

Prayers for your mom went today as well.

BP...
Thanks BP. Hopefully mom will be out of the hospital this week, and Ken continues to get stronger.
pm to you, TMagnum. and a bump to keep this going.
PM replied to.
Thanks
Tom
Prayers for Tom's Mom and a bump for Ken!
Prayers for your Mother Tom. It sure is great to hear Ken is feeling a bit better.
Butch
Up Scope.
Again
bump
Originally Posted by krp

Here's an example.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks, Kent

BUMP
ttt
Bump
and again,.....bump.

GTC
Originally Posted by krp

Here's an example.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks, Kent

bump
How many participants are we up to?
54 members have PM'ed me to participate. I think a couple other have notified KRP maybe.
I have received 24 envelopes so far, here is a list of those I've received. This represents 35 chances with the multiples and additional donations without chances requested.

This is what I've received, not Tom's list of pledged. More coming.

johnw
T LEE
300takedown
MJC
Darby
greyghost
butchlambert1
aces neights
noknees
dvdegeorge
digital dan
nighthawk
geo w
AJ300mag
magmarc
southern tier8
waterguy
delta hunter
TomT
crossfireoops

had a couple with just names, not sure of handle, possibly from other sites, I kept all mailing info in case. I'll list name and last intitial and state.

Jim F, AK
Miles P, AR
Larry E, MT
Jason B, OK

Kent
Mine should be there anytime, mailed certified Tuesday.
Mine went out today.
milespatton is my handle here, also my name. miles
Thanks Miles, wasn't sure about posting someone's full name without knowing for sure.

remseven, I just got back from a business trip and see a slip for usps for an attempted delivery 3/4, I'll go to the PO monday and pick it up.

Thanks all, Kent
bump
Kent,
I recognize the other names from the BR Central and Accurate Reloading forum.
Butch
Cool, thank those guys and tell them I received if you think that's best. if they win I have their addresses and we'll find them on their sites to get signing info.

Headed over to see Ken.

Kent
Again, THANKS! all.

I'm just waiting for the day when I can have somebody write on my butt "the end is in sight." grin
Originally Posted by krp
I have received 24 envelopes so far, here is a list of those I've received. This represents 35 chances with the multiples and additional donations without chances requested.

johnw
T LEE
300takedown
MJC
Darby
greyghost
butchlambert1
aces neights
noknees
dvdegeorge
digital dan
nighthawk
geo w
AJ300mag
magmarc
southern tier8
waterguy
delta hunter
TomT
crossfireoops

had a couple with just names, not sure of handle, possibly from other sites, I kept all mailing info in case. I'll list name and last intitial and state.

Jim F, AK
Miles P, AR
Larry E, MT
Jason B, OK

Kent

updating, received 5 more envelopes, 29 total for 43 chances.

from

Texas batman
boiler pig1
NJS 1230
Thunderball
Big g 270

1050.00 so far, more coming

Kent

Mailed mine Wed by regular mail .
ttt
Originally Posted by krp

Here's an example.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks, Kent

up
ttt
bump
bump
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

johnw
T LEE
300takedown
MJC
Darby
greyghost
butchlambert1
aces neights
noknees
dvdegeorge
digital dan
nighthawk
geo w
AJ300mag
magmarc
southern tier8
waterguy
delta hunter
TomT
crossfireoops

Jim F, AK
Miles P, AR
Larry E, MT
Jason B, OK

Kent

from

Texas batman
boiler pig1
NJS 1230
Thunderball
Big g 270

Kent

Monday update, 8 more envelopes representing 67 chances total with the previous. 1290.00 received, so far.

I never thought there would be this big of a response, it's overwhelming, still more to come in, will update again this weekend. Thanks.

ScottF
CCCC
Beeman 59
Beeman 59 (again)
BOBBALEE
284LUVR
Curoog 4570
RedRabbit

Kent
Guys you are doing great and Carmichel is pleased. You will be getting a book that has both Ken's signature and a note from Jim Carmichel to you. How special is that? Why don't we try for another $20 if you can.
Butch
Opps, I can't count, that's 55 chances total so far, still 1290.00.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Opps, I can't count, that's 55 chances total so far, still 1290.00.

Kent

54 to 1 I better send in another ticket. Bob
Was talking to Tom and it appears there are still about 15 to come, soooo...

update on Ken.

He had some special visitors from the 'fire today and they are staying till tomorrow to visit more. We were all there tonight and Ken seems the best he's been in a few years according to his visitors. Tom thinks so also. I've only known Ken since he's been here these last couple months. He was eating soft food and swallowing, again something not seen from him in years.

Someone did sneak some cheez-its in for him to chew and spit out for the flavor earlier in the weekend.... since there is a full blow investigation at the facility on 'WHO' the culprit is.... I take the fifth....

Throat therapy is very important.... just saying...

He saw the Doc today and they will test him in two weeks to see if they can unhook some tubes and start his recovery to go home. He is walking a little and sitting up fine... things are just so great compared to a couple weeks ago. He's not out of the woods but there is great hope now. We're even making plans to build a covered patio at his place so he can sit of an evening and enjoy the fresh air and scenery.

Amen.....

Kent
Once again,May God Bless you and Tom. Bob
Yeah, no kidding!

Thanks fellas.....

PM sent and a late nite bump.
Morning Bump
That last update was great to hear!

edit .....to read, smirk
At this good news I will say PRAISE THE LORD.
Yeah it was really great to see him eat some sherbet last night. It sounds like a small thing, but it really is a milestone. He was in better spirits and far more upbeat last night than he has been in sometime.
He was surely excited to have his special visitor, and the scenary was far better with her than I can offer. wink
Originally Posted by T LEE
At this good news I will say PRAISE THE LORD.

Once again, we are 100% in agreement!!! grin
bump
bump
bump
excellent news smile
bump
BADA BUMP
TTT
ttt
Bump and thank you to everyone who has participated so far.
You guys are awesome.
ttt
UP STROKE
I very rarely post but this is worth a bump.
Getting down to the end. We need a few more to step up to the plate.
Butch
bump
ttt
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

johnw
T LEE
300takedown
MJC
Darby
greyghost
butchlambert1
aces neights
noknees
dvdegeorge
digital dan
nighthawk
geo w
AJ300mag
magmarc
southern tier8
waterguy
delta hunter
TomT
crossfireoops

Jim F, AK
Miles P, AR
Larry E, MT
Jason B, OK

Kent

from

Texas batman
boiler pig1
NJS 1230
Thunderball
Big g 270

Kent

Monday update, 8 more envelopes representing 67 chances total with the previous. 1290.00 received, so far.

I never thought there would be this big of a response, it's overwhelming, still more to come in, will update again this weekend. Thanks.

ScottF
CCCC
Beeman 59
Beeman 59 (again)
BOBBALEE
284LUVR
Curoog 4570
RedRabbit

Kent

Today was the end of the send date, we will have the drawing middle of next week to allow the last envelopes to arrive.

If you have sent and don't see your name, PM me with your name and amount and if it doesn't get here by the draw date I will put your name on a slip/slips so you are in.

6 more envelopes came in

BOBBALEE
Jeff L.
Oldmanms2003
Steven H.
Tex-N-Cal
ChuckTree

1460.00 total 63 total chances

Kent
I think there are a couple more. I have had two or three folks get in touch with me in the past couple of days.

ttt
Bump
KEEP ER ROLLING FOLKS!
one more time
Originally Posted by Oldmanms2003
one more time

My check should have made it today.

Anybody else?

Evening bump.
Glad to see mine made it.

We could start a thread where the donors can describe what cartridge they plan to design, using the lessons of the book grin

I actually have something in mind, too...
I doubt I will ever see the book. As much as I would be thrilled to own it I would much rather raffle it off again for such a great cause. If I am fortunate enough to win that is exactly what I will do.
one more time

Anybody else?

Yes it did, I received two today, just opened them.

bigbuck215
idnative1948

you guys are great!

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
one more time

Anybody else?

Yes it did, I received two today, just opened them.

bigbuck215
idnative1948

you guys are great!

Kent

4 more,
remseven
TX270
RLA
shortside

Thanks, Kent
Bump
I will take some pics to post when we do the drawing later in the week.
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM

Ya dang well better on pain of DEATH!
Glad to see it made it there....

bump

Watch what you wish for!
Jeez, Doc,......

........rollin' here !

You're quite a guy !

GTC
Ken, This is really exciting for me. Carmichel is in Dublin, Ga. for a big BR match. He said he would get the book out after he gets back after the weekend. He is very pleased at the way this is going and so am I. You're very special and I hope this is just a small thing to let you know how bunch of guys feel for you.
Butch
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Watch what you wish for!

I always do Ken, ALWAYS, especially when you might be involved Sir! smile smile smile
I used to have one of my boar mounts in my office, to prove that indeed there was a critter uglier'n me.

When a friend sent me a photo of himself with his wart hog, I wrote back thar I hadn't had to leave the US to find a critter uglier'n me.
I am still looking for one! smile smile
^
Just got back from Ken, he is doing fantastic. He was standing up at the mirror and shaving when I went earlier to take him the computer.

Looks like we will draw tomorrow evening, just the day everyone here can get together. There have been a couple people that told me they sent, everyone will be in even if the envelope hasn't got here yet.

I received one more today,

Graydon S.

Kent
Bump

Tell Ken to not stand too close to the razor. That's when folks get hurt.
© 24hourcampfire