Home

My wife flew to the highlands of Haiti with a small church group last Wednesday to help in a mission there. En route toward the end of destination her bag with her medicine, glasses, contacts, toiletries and half her money were stolen, misplaced-I don't know exactly; communication has been spotty.

Anyway she developed a migraine from sleep loss and going from -10 in IA to 80-90 deg in Haiti, couldn't eat or drink and became dehydrated. A nurse got her a flight on Missionary Flight Int'l and she just landed in Ft. Pearce Fl. I don't know if a trip to a ER is in store yet and an overnight stay in a hosp or if she can manage to get home alone. I may have to have to go down and accompany her back.

I'd ask that you'd remember her for a smooth ride home if you would..and that she can.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: If you pray I'd welcome them - 02/28/10
Thoughts and prayers from this part of Iowa for both of you George. Best, John
Prayers sent
Prayers sent from Michigan, for a thoughtful lady, and you.

Denny
Posted By: T LEE Re: If you pray I'd welcome them - 02/28/10
Good thoughts & Prayers from the other side of Florida.
Prayers from North alabama. The Lord will provide protection and guidance. Your wife has a great heart for people. I may go to Haiti in the next few weeks as I have been training for disaster relief with the Alabama dept of missions.
GN,
You got 'em, sir.
Good for your wife for going to Haiti in the first place.
I don't think I would have the guts to do that.
Sent
sent
done
Posted By: CCCC Re: If you pray I'd welcome them - 02/28/10
Thanks for letting us know to pray for her - such thoughtfulness and selflessness deserve the best. If things are somewhat extreme and she needs some assistence or a place to stay, I have a relative near Daytona and maybe could help.
Certainly do hope it all works out in your wife's favor.

BCR
Prayers sent
Hoping this works out sooner than later. If she was close to here the wife and I could just go pick her up until you got here. At least she wouldn't have to spend too much time in an airport, and we're pretty quiet when someone has a migraine...btdt.
Good luck to you.
Prayers for good health and return home.
Posted By: johnw Re: If you pray I'd welcome them - 02/28/10
prayers and best wishes for your wife...
Prayers for your Wifes recovery sent from Kansas.
Best wishes and prayers for a safe journey home.

Paul
Posted By: RNF Re: If you pray I'd welcome them - 02/28/10
Prayers sent for a safe and pain free trip home for you wife.
Prayer lifted for your missionary wife.
Prayers on the way.
gotcha covered.
Posted By: GeoW Re: If you pray I'd welcome them - 02/28/10
Done^
prayers sent and continuing GOD BE WITH HER and protect her, smile
Prayers sent from Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Bless her heart. She's likely feeling a bit crushed by the entire ordeal. Will be glad to here.

Hope your wife ends up fine.

But if I was you, I'd go pick her up myself anyway. Stay a few days. You both deserve it.
From Boise as well.
Prayers from southern Alabama going out for her from now until she is safely home....
Prayers sent!

Keep us informed, when you can.

I am humbled and thankful for your kind responses. My wife with her charger gone and her cell phone dead is sitting I believe in West Palm Beach with her flight to Atlanta delayed. I hope she finds a way to contact me. At least she's in the states and there have been some wonderful people who've helped her to this point.

Thanks again.
Prayers and good wishes from here. Sad news for sure
You got mine.
Posted By: 163bc Re: If you pray I'd welcome them - 03/01/10
done

To all of you gracious folks, my wife is home as of late last night after about two and a half days of intermittent calling, texting (her charger was in the bag that was stolen) etc., and me not quite knowing her whereabouts or condition.

A medical team gave her a shot for nausea in FL and watched over her getting her a motel room and getting her on her way.

I can tell you Haiti is probably a fourth world country now and what you will not hear from the media is that various Christian organizations and folks are doing the bulk of relief work without photo-ops, etc.

Thank you all-they were answered!
Praying now. Glad to hear she's back in the US.
Now that's great news! I'm happy for both of you.

Paul
Posted By: T LEE Re: If you pray I'd welcome them - 03/01/10
Good deal Sir, as to who is doing the work. That is a given, along with the US Navy usually.
Posted By: g5m Re: If you pray I'd welcome them - 03/01/10
Glad the Mrs. is home safely.
Praising the Lord for safe return.

Praying for her healing.
Will continue to pray for healing!!

ddj
Done!

great news and happy to hear she is back safely home.

-ken

Late to this thread, and just read your 'on the way' post. Hope it goes smooth for you and she!

One more prayer sent.
© 24hourcampfire