Home
I thought some of you might enjoy this www.camodipkit.com - it is an at-home camo dipping kit. Seemed kinda neat for the DIYer.
THANKS! I just saved their website to my favorites/bookmarked page. Thinking of doing the tank etc. on my KLR 650 dual sport.
Let me know how the KLR tank works out. I have a KLR as well that it would be fun to dip parts of.
Wonder how long it lasts?
it is the same process that the big ATV plants use when they dip the plastics and stuff so I would think it would hold up just as long
shocked
$135 for one kit!!! OMG!

It darn well better be bullet proof and enough to cover a house!
Originally Posted by johnsman
it is the same process that the big ATV plants use when they dip the plastics and stuff so I would think it would hold up just as long

Thanks for your reply johnsman.
For that price, sending to "The big dipper" co in Clarkston Idaho would be cheaper. They quoted me only $300.00 for all of the parts on my KLR 650. Two fenders, a large tank, side plates, fairing etc.
Blah!..........
Had these guys do an old McMillan stock and some Talley LW's for 135....

Very happy with it.

http://www.hydro-dip.com/
FYI, Tarjac, in NY, which dips stocks, barrels, etc. for many of the gun manufacturers, also has a small consumer operation. I had them dip a Leupy VX-L 50 mm scope, base and rings to match the brush camo pattern on my Savage Model 10 predator hunter. They did a great job... and quick turnaround.
I just worry about shipping things in the mail
I've heard very good things about Tarjac. I plan on sending my turkey shotgun to them after turkey season.
Originally Posted by BarryC
shocked
$135 for one kit!!! OMG!

It darn well better be bullet proof and enough to cover a house!

$134 for one kit looks pretty pricey when you consider you only get 16 square feet of material and so much of it is wasted per application. I might try it for half that much.
it says one kit will do 2-3 full guns or 5-6 stocks - thats not too bad
i got a kit in - will let you know how it goes
for those who are interested - the camo dip kits are on sale for $99
I see that they added several new camo designs to the patterns that are available for the dip kit. I think that the digital military patterns will be a big hit with many people.
did anyone ever do this?
I have heard good things about that Hydro-Dip company recently as well....
© 24hourcampfire