Home
I've been thinking of picking one of these up just for the fun of it. Anyone own one and find interesting things with it?
I use one for work. A schonestadt. It works great, and I find just about everything I'm not looking for.
Originally Posted by tzone
I use one for work. A schonestadt. It works great, and I find just about everything I'm not looking for.

I use one of these also at work.

Also have the "radio shack" model that's supposed to find gold coins and all the other metals that aren't supposed to be property corners.
I've got a White's DFX digital swing toy. I've found lots of coins (1826 half dollar the oldest) and a few rings. The key to success is knowing your machine and researching your hunting area. Kind of like the shootin' sports. grin
Originally Posted by RWE

I use one of these also at work.

Also have the "radio shack" model that's supposed to find gold coins and all the other metals that aren't supposed to be property corners.

I have enough trouble finding the property corners...crazy

We worked on an indian reservation and found EVERYTING but most of the corners. You can't believe the crap we dug up. I can't believe how much crap they buried on that place.
Come on down. I'll show you places where there are 5 or 6 all within a couple feet of one another......
You will find more old beer tabs than anything else... It's amazing how many of those things are still around...
I've used one for 35 years give or take. Hunting old plantation sites as well as Civil war and Rev war camps on private property with permission smile
Some interesting and valuable finds have been made smile
Also been detecting in England....much OLD stuff there.

g
If you get one,make sure you look at the White's.Go to the GPAA.com I think if you are a member you can get a discount plus it has a book listing the public land you can use to mine on.Found lots of old coins on old school grounds,You would be surpised what you find after the county fair is over,lots of fun.Good luck and happy hunting.
If you get one spend the xter coin and get the models that tell you what they are finding,if not you will dig your azz off over nails and crap that you don't want.
Digging on public land without the proper *written* permits is a felony. Digging on private land without the landowner's permission is also a felony. One felony and you can't own a gun.
I bought a cheap one quite a few years ago. Still works, but beeps at everything. Found a piece of railroad track with it. Nothing much else of note.
Originally Posted by Junior1942
Digging on public land without the proper *written* permits is a felony. Digging on private land without the landowner's permission is also a felony. One felony and you can't own a gun.

Too bad that being an A-HOLE isn't a felony... Then we wouldn't have to deal with you...
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

Too bad that being an A-HOLE isn't a felony... Then we wouldn't have to deal with you...
I'm a "A-HOLE" because I possibly saved a forum member from going to jail??
I'm a "A-HOLE" because I possibly saved a forum member from going to jail??

No...It's your nature...Worry about yourself Gladys...

I guess if you keep telling people that things are a felony eventually you will be right and save them a trip to prison, but not this time.

+1 these only find things with magnetic properties though, so if you are looking for brass you are screwed.
I have a Bounty Hunter "Sharp-Shooter II" that I bought several years ago. I was hunting in our local city park, which used to allow campers & camping, usually the custom harvesters. I am going along and started getting hits, which were the famous pull tabs. I re-adjust the discrimination and I get a solid hit and proceed to dig up charred wood from a campfire. I found a bunch of old fire sites.

I just dug mine out over the weekend and went to the local school, around where the old football field was. I will be going back, seems to be a lot of coins around where the bleachers used to sit.
Originally Posted by heavywalker

I guess if you keep telling people that things are a felony eventually you will be right and save them a trip to prison, but not this time.
Sorry, but I'm 100% right. In Louisiana digging on private land without permission is actually four felonies: theft, criminal trespass, criminal damage to property, and violation of the unauthorized excavation act.
Sorry I missed the part where he was in Louisiana. wink
i borrow a friends cheap one every so often when i lose something it is the cheap ones but works the great

Well, north Louisiana.
Originally Posted by Wildlife

Well, north Louisiana.
Well, God's country. Redneck Republican country.
© 24hourcampfire