Home
Couldn't happen to a bigger punk.. I like how the trainer at one point asks, "You know you just got your ass kicked by a rookie?"

I don't get it. Why don't they just line both teams up on center ice, and the team with the last man standing wins? You can't get away with fitting in any other sport, why hockey? Just my $.02.

Perhaps the same reason that catchers block the plate in baseball even though it is clearly against the rules and it is never called
Baseball USED to be like what happened to Cooke.

If you did the chit he does, you would have had a baseball in your ear.

Fighting actually keeps hockey clean. If there was no fighting, cheap shots would fill the game.

Rules and the enforcement of them would keep the game clean and the cheap shots in check. There is fighting in Hockey because fans like it and that translates into money
I don't believe that was a cheap shot on Cooke. Guy got a serious taste of his own medicine,by a rookie.

That had to hurt worse than the actual on your ass-knocking punch!
Originally Posted by jwp475

Perhaps the same reason that catchers block the plate in baseball even though it is clearly against the rules and it is never called

It may be against the rules in little league, not college or pro ball.
the rookie has a nice hook. Look like he's fairly familiar with the use of that punch; my guess he's done it before. A rookie in the league, but not to fighting.
It's nice to see Cooke the cheap shot artist take one on the chin!Evander Kane played for the Vancouver Giants in the WHL(Canadian Major Junior).You learn to look after yourself in that league! Monashee
Originally Posted by levrluvr
the rookie has a nice hook. Look like he's fairly familiar with the use of that punch; my guess he's done it before. A rookie in the league, but not to fighting.

He was nice enough to ease him to the ice as he was knuckling his mandible...

Shows a gentlemanly quality for a rookie.
Evander Kane? To me he looked more like Evander Holyfield. grin

So, did Kane get tossed out and if not, was he a target for the rest of the game?

Originally Posted by jwp475

If anything, in my experience the batters have crowded the plate and the catcher more often than vice versa. I caught for about 11 years and never once saw a batter called for crowding either. However, I did have idiot umpires tell me I couldn't move back anymore all because I didn't want smashed in the head with the bat.
Noice !
© 24hourcampfire