Home
which should be a reminder that Iran has been our mortal enemy for a long time, as well as the dangers of weakness and unpreparedness. If you don't already despise Carter enough, watch his explanation to the American people, after we abandoned our dead in the desert and came home without firing a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Km3dx7wppA&feature=player_embedded
I remember we didn't even have enough ammo to qualify on the rifle and pistol range in '79! We "fam-fired" 5 rounds thru out 16's and didn't even shoot 45's. And we were a rifle company! Sad times I hope we NEVER have to re-live!!!!!

BN
It worries me what BO will do to top that one......disgusting.
Iran's day of reckoning is coming soon.
A friend of mine was in the service at the time,as a helicopter crew chief.
He told me that the choppers used in the mission were not equipped with filters for the sand kicked up by the rotors,and that is why the "carefully planned" operation failed.
This is a great book on the subject.` It is soon to be a movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guests_of_the_Ayatollah

The first hand accounts are riveting. Basically this is where the war on Islam started and we're still dealing with it today because our leaders at the time were wussies and didn't do the hard things that needed doin. 30 years later we're in both Iraq and Afganistan with Iran still emboldened by those events of 30 years ago and more dangerous than ever with Obama in the White House. Sooner or later we WILL have to deal with them from a position of power. It would have been much easier to have done it 30 years ago. 163bc
Originally Posted by Junior1942

We've been saying it since the Carter administration??????
The US war with islam started at least as far back as 1801

Mike
Originally Posted by 163bc

Yes, but there's not room on the reckoning camel's back for many more straws. Quit wondering how Obama will handle the day of reckoning. He's smart enough to let the military make the battle decisions.

Yes, but there's not room on the reckoning camel's back for many more straws. Quit wondering how Obama will handle the day of reckoning. He's smart enough to let the military make the battle decisions.

Who's military?
Quit wondering how Obama will handle the day of reckoning. He's smart enough to let the military make the battle decisions.

uh, no....the military doesn't decide when it's time to go to war, the president does. and since he is pretty much in Iran's pocket that's not going to happen......he'll show he's tough, by threatening to shoot down IDF planes if they attack Iran.

The Muslim you elected is more upset by Israelis building apartments than by Muslim psychos building nukes. go figure.
A good friend was killed in that mission. Its hard to beleive it was that long ago.

Obama, wants to help Iran with its Nuclear Program and hate for Isreal, not hinder it. Earth to Junior, come in, over

Don't worry I'm not wondering. I've got a pretty good idea already as do most folk who are paying attention even a slight little bit. 163bc
© 24hourcampfire