Home
1973 Belmont, Secretariat, 29 horse length route.
The most memorable for me: 1983 - Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers.

The Gophers lost of course, and my Dad lost a $50 bet. I asked, "Dad, why in the world would you bet on the Gophers?"

Dad replied, "The guy gave me 50-points..."

Final Score: 84-13
October 7,1916 - Grant Field in Atlanta: Georgia Tech 222 - Cumberland College 0. Game halted by mutual consent after 45 minutes of play.
The Superbowl between the Seahawks and the Stealers a couple of years back.

Seattle got the shaft on every call.
For me personally in person. LSU vs. Georgia Tech (Nomar was playing for them at the time) in baseball in the regionals - winner goes to Omaha for the college world series.

LSU won 29-13 but in one inning LSU got 8 doubles and the same guy was responsible for all 3 outs.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
October 7,1916 - Grant Field in Atlanta: Georgia Tech 222 - Cumberland College 0. Game halted by mutual consent after 45 minutes of play.

5sdad - That was the one that came to my mind too.
Wasn't there an NFL title game back in the '40's, that ended 73-0, or something like that?
Local girls basketball game was halted at 100-0 a few years ago. I'm not sure what the deal was but the other team wasn't that bad.
this was pretty one sided... and dang funny to boot.

one sided sports event
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

5sdad - That was the one that came to my mind too.

Yall are some old 'sumbitches. grin whistle

Nail
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Wasn't there an NFL title game back in the '40's, that ended 73-0, or something like that?

1940 - Bears over the Redskins. In the fourth quarter, the referee requested that the Bears run or pass for conversion because they were down to one football with the number that they had kicked into the stands.
Originally Posted by NathanL
Local girls basketball game was halted at 100-0 a few years ago. I'm not sure what the deal was but the other team wasn't that bad.

Around here, it usually takes 3, often 4, and sometimes 5 games for a girls' team to amass 100 points. (When I was in high school, I ridiculed 6-girl basketball. Now I long for it.)
Tyson Spinks one punch and done!!!

Sea Biscuit's win in the match race against War Admiral or the Jets 16-7 Victory over the Colts in Super Bowl lll the Jets were 17 under dogs
Originally Posted by 7 STW
The Superbowl between the Seahawks and the Stealers a couple of years back.

Seattle got the shaft on every call.

Ain't that the truth.
Pretty much Ohio State against ANY SEC team in a bowl.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Pretty much Ohio State against ANY SEC team in a bowl.

grin grin

Mike
Any time the Kansas City Chiefs or St. Louis Lambs play a football game...........
The lightweight title fight between BJ Penn and Joe Stevenson from UFC 80.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If you look closely at the first picture,you can see the blood squirting out of Stevenson's forehead.

Brian.
The 77 point beating OU laid on Texas A&M a few years ago. OU could have easily scored more than 100 points on A&M that day.

Expat
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
The 77 point beating OU laid on Texas A&M a few years ago. OU could have easily scored more than 100 points on A&M that day.

Expat

If they could have, the would have, computer ratings and all.
2004 National Championship Game, USC vs Oklahoma. The final score of 55-19 did not reflect how badly Oklahoma was beaten.

Actually at old Ponce deLeon Park, not Grant Field. One of the famous trees in the outfield (also used for Cracker baseball) is still there in the parking lot of the shopping center that took its place.

ME'93
Michael Schumacher's 2002 Formula One season (and to an extent, the entire Ferrari F1 Program)

From Wikiepedia:

"In 2002, Schumacher used the Ferrari F2002 to retain his Drivers' Championship. There was again some controversy however at the Austrian Grand Prix, where his teammate, Rubens Barrichello was leading but in the final metres of the race, under orders, slowed to allow Schumacher to win the race.[60] The crowd broke into outraged boos at the result and Schumacher tried to make amends by placing Barrichello at the top step of the podium. At the United States Grand Prix later that year, Schumacher dominated the race and was set for a close finish with Barrichello. At the end he slowed down and Barrichello took the victory. In winning the Drivers' Championship he equalled the record set by Juan Manuel Fangio of five world championships. Ferrari won 15 out of 17 races, and Schumacher won the title with six races remaining in the season. Schumacher broke his own record, shared with Nigel Mansell, of nine race wins in a season, by winning eleven times and finishing every race on the podium. He finished with 144 points, a record-breaking 67 points ahead of the runner-up, his teammate Rubens Barrichello. This pair finished 9 of the 17 races in the first two places."
PT - thanks for the correction, it's appreciated. Best, John
© 24hourcampfire