Home
Can't just talk politics all the time.

Are you packing a knife today? Which one?

Here is my lame du jour. Fixed blade pocket carry Wharncliffe by JK knives, aka 'Stomper'. Steel is O1. Single edge chisel grind, and it cuts like a razor.
[Linked Image]
Nice watch.

The only pic I've got available is one that I've already put up a couple of times, so I won't bore the audience. Mine's a Kershaw. I usually carry it clipped to my pocket but will also carry either a multi-tool or Swiss Army knife for actual work. I've got a bunch of Swiss Armies, but of late have been carrying a Chinese "Winchester" "Swiss Army-style" that I picked up at Wal Mart for $5. I figured if I lost it I wasn't out much. I got the same brand mult-tool for the same price. Haven't been carrying my Gerbers much of late. Not an endorsement of them, just relating how amazingly cheap they are.
Gerber Multi-Tool for me. It has 2 knife blades.
Benchmade mini-Griptilian for work/dress cloths and a regular full size Griptilian for the rest.

Mark in GA
Shrade 3 blade "uncle henry", with a stag handle. I carry it EVERY day. Probably had it for close to 10 yrs.

maddog
Just an old Case XX; 6347 Stockman; w/154 CM blades & real redbone.

edit: carry it every day!
Model 59 Smith & Wesson. Never,,,,,,,,,,I repeat NEVER go to a gun fight with a knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jade bone handle Case tiny toothpick, since I evidently lost my stag handled Boker pen knife. Still hoping it'll turn up.
the leatherman thats on my side whenever im awake has a straight blade and a serrated blade on it
Leatherman (first year production model), Spyderco Impala and a small Victoronix.
spyderco native
Gerber single blade promo knife they made for Leupold 10+ years ago...

I can't seem to lose that little bastid!

Ingwe
Hell Sam, if I have my pants on my pocket knife is in the pocket. Same one I have carried for the last fifteen years or so. Schrade Old Timer four inch stockman.
The sheep foot (most used blade) is starting to take an inside curve from sharpening and getting a little narrow so I will replace it one day.

Got a Boker that I socked away years ago that is just waiting.

BCR
CRKT Carson M4. I bought the model with the Veff serrations. Still wish I hadn't. I can easily sharpen the regular edge, not so much the serrations. I just put an edge on it while camping with the family this past weekend.
Kershaw too. If you reverse the clip position, it falls naturally into your hand and it is ightning fast and very sharp. I own two of them and gave one to my son, the LEO, one to a buddy deploying to Afganistan too. Great little boot knife.

1B
A broke tip buck 290 clip knife, assisted opener, one hander or what ever you call them.

I broke the tip a while back & was going to send it in for replacement or repair but the broke tip is like a flat blade screwdriver... it's been so handy I'm not sure I want it fixed.

Buck Companion - have carried one (lost a couple to the airlines) for more than 40 years.
Benchmade, Mel Pardue.
Either a Schatt and Morgan three bladed Wharncliffe or an IXL whittler. I've carried the S&M since 1995 and only carry the IXL occasionally as It was given to me 40 years ago.
Victorinox Sentinel
Today it is a tiny Buck two blade pocket knife.
Normally a single blade Kabar slim folder that is currently MIA. frown
Tomorrow's South TX trip will have me carrying a Leatherman (original)and a schrade folder.http://www.knivesplus.com/oldtimerknifetrapper-sc-97ot.html
great for cactus and mesquite country.

stumpy
Glad you mentioned it, as I'm flyin early in the morning and bringin carry-on only. (Case Slimline Trapper as always.)
When I carry a knife, it's a Kershaw Ken Onion black Blur non-serrated.
Kershaw Vapor is clipped on my pocket.
This one.

[Linked Image]

I love it!

Ha! With me, it's more like what AREN'T I carrying. Leatherman fullsize on L hip, micra in pocket, accompanied by a Moore Maker stockman and a Kershaw Ace. I'll admit to being something of a knife slut. It is sometimes funny, but I tend to leave them lying at times. I almost never use the knife blades on the multi tools. Those get saved for emergency use. One thing, they are always sharp, though.
Gerber folder with a 3 inch blade..
I've had the same knife in my pocket for over 30 years. A Buck 311 Trapper. Almost always sharpened on a Lansky so the blades still look good and even. Chuck Buck was impressed when he signed it a couple of years ago.

It's gutted a few deer and elk in it's time too.
I have been carrying an eleven dollar Gerber with a pocket clip for the last four years. I got it when I was going to Canada every day so I did not want an expensive knife they could take away.
Spyderco Clipit Endura. Toughest, lightest knife I got
Nice Ernst Benz you have there, Sam.

Mine's a Spyderco Endura 4 lock blade. It's got a great pocket clip on the other side.

[Linked Image]
The world's slickest utility knife, Gerber EAB pocketknife.

http://www0.epinions.com/review/Gerber_Eab_Pocket_Knife/content_447752670852

In the city I carry a Ken Onion Ltd. At the ranch I carry a big old Buck 110T in my right pocket and a Leatherman Wave in my left.

The Buck has field dressed everything from grouse to bear.
CRKT Bwana, everyday

except if I have to dress up for something

then it's a Berreta with skelotonized blade
Buck #301 stockman in the pocket,Buck #112 Ranger and a Leatherman on the belt.Feel undressed without 'em.
Victorinox Swiss Army Pioneer
I carry a Case XX small stockman with a red bone handle.
SOG Trident

[Linked Image]
small gerber skeleton frame with a 2" blade
I got a Case with the can opener and bottle opener, both of which work well.
A small Sebenza in jeans and a Case Executive in dress pants.

Spyderco Delica
A Kershaw Gentleman's Folder in jeans. A Fallkniven U2 for dress.
Sypderco Byrd series Raven...jim
Great Eastern Sunfish
case stag peanut
Spiderco folder clipped to my hip pocket for a dozen or more years. I"ve lost it a few times but thankfully we were always reunited.

I found a knife this spring mushroom hunting. I seem to be on a roll finding cutlery. A Shrade Old Timer couple years back. A nice hatchet last year. And this year a Case XX two blade folder with with turkey and hunting cabin pictures carved in the sides.
Three bladed stockman, same thing that has been in my front pocket daily around 50 years now.
I never divulge the weapons I carry. cool
....so what your saying is your not carrying anything. grin

I am carrying some old piece of junk (in case I lose it) folding schrade I believe...its sharp, thats all that matters.
I'm carrying an Old Timer Junior model that I've had for a good number of years now. I feel lost without it.
Not wearing pants. OT but I did run across this precious little gem, which is missing her tip. Guess I'm about to test the no questions KAI-Shun replacement guarantee. Great little paring knife too.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Spiderco folder clipped to my hip pocket for a dozen or more years. I"ve lost it a few times but thankfully we were always reunited.

I found a knife this spring mushroom hunting. I seem to be on a roll finding cutlery. A Shrade Old Timer couple years back. A nice hatchet last year. And this year a Case XX two blade folder with with turkey and hunting cabin pictures carved in the sides.
All my life I've been finding pocket knives, starting when I was a kid in the 1960s. Been a long time since I've found one, but back then it seemed fairly frequent. I guess back then more people carried one, and also since that was before clips they tended to slip out of pockets.
Originally Posted by byc
Not wearing pants. But I did run across this precious little gem, which is missing her tip. Guess I'm about to test the no questions KAI-Shun replacement guarantee. Great little paring knife too.

[Linked Image]
Without the tip, it's British-legal. laugh
Benchmade Osborne..reversed Tanto.
Benchmade 705 (McHenry & Williams) and a Victorinox Rambler (The bottle opener and small Phillips screwdriver make it infintely better than the Classic.)
Swiss Army in pocket and Buck folder cip-on.
One of three depending on mood and attire:
Spyderco carbon fiber Military
Spyderco Endura 4
Kershaw Ken Onion Leek
Blade Tech Magnum in green and serrated with my callsign etched courtesy of Tim Wegner himself smile

[Linked Image]
CRKT M21 for the field with a Leatherman supertool as backup. Small buck knife stockman for day to day. Leatherman Ti on the boat with either Russell 10" fillet, Schrade Steelhead fillet, and a Russell 4" bait knife. Bill Moran drop point of D2 steel for the four legged stuff.
Old Boy-Scout Pocket Knife. grin
Steve
I always carry some sort of pocket knife. A lot of Victorinox SAK's, traditional pattern Schatt & Morgan, Queen, and Moore Maker's get toted often, and on occasion a "tacticool" knife by Benchmade, Microtech, or Spyderco gets clipped in a pocket. Today this little Moore Maker Whittler got the nod...

[Linked Image]
gerber
Case Sodbuster Jr. I bought it at the Case factory museum in Bradford, Pa.
SOG Twitch II
Benchmade, Walter Brend.
Spyderco Tim Wegner Jr.
Moore Maker Stockman, every day.
Russell FeatherLight
Case XX 3209CV small trapper I did blue the blades on it though. Have a smaller green jigged bone one I carry on the rare occasion I get dressed up.

[Linked Image]
Spyderco Police
Victorinox Soldier, same one I have carried since 1997
Mannlicher;
Thanks for the interesting thread and thanks to all who've responded.

After years of carrying a succession of Spyderco's - Delica, Endura, Centofante III and then a Native - I bought a Buck Vantage Pro.

It's too early to tell if it will replace the Native or not as it doesn't fit the pocket quite as well. However, I will say it does open almost as slick as an assisted blade, is very easy to clean and the Bos treated S30V will take a fine edge.

As well an early Leatherman Wave always rides on my right hip as well.

Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Regards,
Dwayne
Kershaw Junkyard Dog 2- non-serrated

I can't carry a gun in class or at school.
It is comfortable to have a decent sized pocket knife.

Sincerely,
Thomas
Leatherman PST, 'cept my current one has the serrated version of the blade cool

[Linked Image]

Half the size of a regular multitool; light and small enough for a pocket, big enough to work as a tool.

No longer made, not even since they moved to China, I'm always on the lookout for this old American version in pawn shops and gun shows.

Also got a little Leatherman Micra on my school key chain.

Birdwatcher
Bc30Cal, I like a thread like this. No one fighting, no harsh words, and lots of insight into who we are, as shown by what we like to carry.

At every hunt camp get together, and at every family reunion , we all pull out the new knives, and do a pass around. smile
An old bone white handled Case Texas lockhorn.
Gunner
Mannlicher;
Well said sir and I couldn't agree more.

The last thread like this, Lt. Powell did a pretty fair phsych eval on me just from what I carried! blush

I believe I'd feel right at home passing around the blades too, sounds like my kind of folks.

Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Regards,
Dwayne
Same two as always.
In the pocket is a Boker stainless Automatic, and tucked away in my sock is a classic style stilletto switch with fake pearl handle.
Swiss Multi tool and on the rare occasions I do not a Case model I am unsure of. One decent sized blade with a thumb stud and lock that can be open/close with one hand. Just have to make sure no pocket lint gets in the lock.
I have a old Imperial two bladed fold up blade pocket knife that belonged to my Dad.
Originally Posted by MarkinGA
Benchmade mini-Griptilian for work/dress cloths and a regular full size Griptilian for the rest.

Mark in GA

Great minds think alike!

... and apparently so do ours...
I have a old Imperial two bladed fold up blade pocket knife that belonged to my Dad.
Kershaw Ken Onion
A Benchmade of some unknown model most days,however, if I opt to go smaller and sleeker, a little skeletonized Beretta. However, I decided I dont like the skeletonized part. Say for example the wife makes a pan of peanut butter rice krispie bars with chocolate on top grin. Just hypothetically now, you cut them with the skeletonized blade and you get all kinds of chocolate gunk in the orifices. Not good. eek Plus, and not to be minimized, you lose out on said chocolate as it is no longer on your bar. frown
While we were far from roads end, I watched my buddy take a chain saw apart and repair it with a pair of pliars and a Swiss army knife. So, I just had to have one. I've carried one so long now that I get nervous when I don't have one in my pocket.
I have a drawer full of knives, folding hunters and pocket, but I always keep a replacement (NIB) Swiss in there too.
shrade nitro spring assist.
A Case, "Texas Toothpick" resides in my pocket. In the instances I have to fly - and leave the knife behind - I feel half-naked. That little knife has done a lot of chores over the years.
Like croldfort, I have a Fjallkniven U2 (although I sometimes carry a Swiss army knife if there is chance that I may need to open a wine bottle! smile

[Linked Image]

The U2 is the most amazing knife at keeping an edge (and I have knives in S30V, D2 and several other "high tech" steels).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The U2 blade is laminated (which you can see in the picture above if I did this correctly), with the centre lamination being "super gold powder steel" -- whatever that is! smile All I can say is that mine has cut what must be several kilometers of cardboard box material and reinforced package tape and it is still scary sharp. No chipping of the blade -- in spite of some emergency prying and using the blade tip as a Philips screwdriver!

When this knife eventually gets dull, I am sure that I will have to break out the diamond hones to sharpen it because this steel is harder than woodpecker lips!

John
My Chris Reeves Mnandi:
[Linked Image]
Buck 501...always.
A Spyderco Police Model(non-serrated), I lay a steel to it each morning, whether it needs it or not,and it's scary sharp whenever I need it. Carried it for over 15 years now.
Spyderco assited opening as well as Buck ultralight.
Gerber - Applegate-Fairbairn Mini-Covert.

Does everything I need.

[Linked Image]
Buck 450 folding knife like this one. miles

buck knife
Camillus Stockman, since 1950. Just as good today as it was then, other than the stag scales are worn smooth. I would not be without it.

L.W.
Victorinox Officer Suisse that my former employer gave me for service. Before that I carried a Camilus U.S. Army all stainless "Swiss Army Type". Lost it somewhere, I think, in the house. Both are real good knives and very useful.
A large single blade Victorinox for general work, a very early production Leatherman tool that I have carried for a very long time for the more specilised tasks and a Spiderco Native that for that comforting feeling when the situation is going downhill. I have carried this combination in Africa and Papua New Guinea and have never had need for anything else. Oh except for a bush knife (machette0 when I was in PNG.
Originally Posted by Boise
My Chris Reeves Mnandi:
[Linked Image]
Did he make that before or after becoming a paraplegic?
I have an automatic knife (Benchmade pictured below), also known as a "switch blade," with a nice pocket clip, but hardly ever carry it even though I'm authorized to do so in Florida. I'm always afraid I'm going to cross the state line and forget to leave it at home. Incredibly, most states take a very dim view of these things and you can serve real jail time just for owning one, let alone carrying one.

[Linked Image]
Great thread, thanks for starting it.
I usually carry a Victorinox secretary to the office. I don't like the name but it is thin and good steel.

ddj
I have a "switchblade" too Hawk. Bought it in Tijuana when I was about 16.
Originally Posted by 700LH
I have a "switchblade" too Hawk. Bought it in Tijuana when I was about 16.
My brother, back in the 1970s, brought one back from Italy. Sneaked it past customs. It was that classic stiletto design. It disappeared a few years later. I think our mom took it and disposed of it.
My dad bought me my first Case pocket knife when I was nine and I've pretty much carried that brand for over forty years.

Lately it has been a blue boned handled Case mini-trapper with a warncliff bade in the place of the spey blade.

If you've never used a warncliff pattern blade they are really useful for many tasks and great for carving.
Case medium stockman with SS blades and Pocket Worn red bone handles. My wife gave it to me for Christmas this past year and that makes it very special to me. Very good little knife BTW. I also carry daily a Buck 110. Old school and proud of it.
My PaPaws old Schrade...blades are worn down...thinkin to put it up for my Father-in-laws gerber he gave me first time we met...but I have carried it for so many years...just can't make the switch.
Today...
Bear and Sons 3 5/8 single hand opener, drop point, pocket clip, Zytel handle.

http://www.bearandsoncutlery.com/in...amp;refno=93&srctype=Products_detail
Today I have this in my pocket.

[Linked Image]
specs [Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Elf

[Linked Image]
You [bleep]! grin
Originally Posted by Elf

[Linked Image]

Here I thought you would have a pink one! smile smile
I like it. I have one very similar to it. It's called the SOG Night Vision

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Boise
My Chris Reeves Mnandi:
[Linked Image]
Did he make that before or after becoming a paraplegic?

Knife maker is Chris Reeve. Mnandi
A case 3 blade sow belly for everyday. I will sometime trade it out for a medium stockman
Is that a French 1911?...never used...dropped alot?
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
Is that a French 1911?...never used...dropped alot?
It's not the one I'm currently carrying, but it has been carried some and shot some. The holster wear doesn't come through in the image.
Wouldn't expect it to have holster wear...else I woulda heard the story of you emptying your 1911 into a truck that was trying to run you over....just sayin
Wouldn't expect it to have holster wear...else I woulda heard the story of you emptying your 1911 into a truck that was trying to run you over....just sayin
At the time I was carrying a snubby .38, but that aside, when a truck is barreling towards you at top speed, the last thing you think about is planting your feet, standing your ground, and drawing on it. You're way too busy thinking about getting yourself and your elderly dog out of its path as fast as you possibly can.
Originally Posted by Elf

[Linked Image]

Got one just like that in my right front pants pocket all the time ('cept mine is RED. wink )

Andinthe other front pocket I trade between a Buck assisted opening, an old -- OLD Schrade LB-5 that I got back from my Dad after he died. Both very capable knives, and both have seen some extreme service.
The way I recollect the story(too lazy to look it up) is that it started from a dead stop....Guessin I am not too worried about a high noon showdown with you...
The way I recollect the story(too lazy to look it up) is that it started from a dead stop....Guessin I am not too worried about a high noon showdown with you...
I presume it started from a dead stop, since I heard behind me the sudden sound of a revving engine (like you'd hear if it was suddenly floored from idle) and tires spinning out. By the time I turned around to see what the ruckus was all about, it had already covered quite a bit of distance, still accelerating, leaving me only just enough time, moving as fast as I was able with an elderly dog in tow, to get myself and him out of the way. Essentially, I was dragging the poor old guy, who had no idea what was going on. Very scary situation. I hope it never happens to you. This guy's intention, with reckless disregard for life, was clearly to cause me to fear for my life.
Originally Posted by Elf

[Linked Image]
You [bleep]! grin

I hope I'm missing part of your reply at my end, cause I'm a girl and I see nothing [bleep] about my choice. Fits in my pocket better than my ingram does.
I'm still carrying a KA-BAR, Dozier design single blade with the pocket clip.

ELF, have you started the new job yet? Training? I have lost track.
Originally Posted by Elf
I'm a girl
I knew you were. I was just teasing. wink That's a very appropriate pocket knife for a lady.
I presume it started from a dead stop, since I heard behind me the sudden sound of a revving engine (like you'd hear if it was floored) and tires spinning out. By the time I turned around to see what the ruckus was all about, it had already covered quite a bit of distance, still accelerating, leaving me only just enough time, moving as fast as I was able with an elderly dog in tow, to get myself and him out of the way. Essentially, I was dragging the poor old guy, who had no idea what was going on. Very scary situation. I hope it never happens to you. This guy's intention, with reckless disregard for life, was clearly to cause me to fear for my life.

Sounds like the perfect time to defend yourself....unless he was from a dead stop 10 yards away....just dosen't add up...haven't been in that situation...but my story woulda ended with "then I blew out his back window...killing the mofo... and all of Florida are proud" I might end up in a court room...but still woulda been better than on here sounding like a puss...just sayin
Whew for a second there I was worried :-)
Sounds like the perfect time to defend yourself....unless he was from a dead stop 10 yards away....just dosen't add up...haven't been in that situation...but my story woulda ended with "then I blew out his back window...killing the mofo... and all of Florida are proud" I might end up in a court room...but still woulda been better than on here sounding like a puss...just sayin
If that's true, I'll be the first to admit it, you're made of sterner stuff than I, sir. I would have loved to seen you do it, too, for he surely had it coming. I would also have made a weekly visit to you in jail in gratitude.
victorinox, either fisherman, tinker, or wenger soldier model.
Old pic, but I'm carrying my faithful William Henry T-12 today.

[Linked Image]
Fair enough...done harassing you...until the next time... wink
same today as everyday. Al Mar Sere 2000 clipped on right pocket and Kershaw gentlemans folder in the left pocket
Benchmade AFCK.
My knife for carrying at work is a Ka-bar Dozier. It used to be available in D2 but I was never able to get my hands on one.

The knife I carry outside of work is a Spyderco Native straight edge.

Nail
Darrel Ralph 3" Madd Maxx.
Fair enough...done harassing you...until the next time... wink
I don't mind talking about it. Any time you like.
Microtech LCC/DA.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Darrel Ralph 3" Madd Maxx.

[Linked Image]

Cool.
Says your ignoring me...can't send you a PM
Says your ignoring me...can't send you a PM
Fixed it.
got to get a special pocket for my cold steel trail master san mai 111 [Linked Image]
Originally Posted by stxhunter
got to get a special pocket for my cold steel trail master san mai 111 [Linked Image]
That's not a knife. This is a knife. grin
Eyebrand "Copperhead"
Kershaw Leek assisted opening. Small, opens instantly, Warncliffe straight edge blade is easy to sharpen.
Or I might have one of these

[Linked Image]
SOG "Flash",

Very coarse Sharp edge,.....currently covered with Onion and Garlic.

Cut some stranded 10Ga. copper outta' the old well head with it, yesterday.

Hard place to be a knife, this.

GTC
Case 2 blade trapper.
All day everyday.
Presently carrying in winchester single blade, but for many years it was a schrade. I'd be lost without it.
Originally Posted by Elf

[Linked Image]
Much better. wink
I got more, they just get bigger and fancier as I go :-)
Elf,

Is the big one at the top a Schrade LB-7?
Gerber folder with the skeleton frame and pocket clip.
Originally Posted by Elf

[Linked Image]

That micarta-handled skinner looks very interesting... who is the maker, may I ask?
Case Red Bone Mini Copperlock for about 2 years.
Before that it was a medium Stockman.
Case Medium Stockman
Spyderco Delica 4
Victorinox "Farmer"
A little gerber pen knife.
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Elf,

Is the big one at the top a Schrade LB-7?

Yes it is
I've got a couple of them that I use for skinning moose -- great steel -- hold an edge way long time.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Elf

[Linked Image]

That micarta-handled skinner looks very interesting... who is the maker, may I ask?

That's a first production run of a Bark River. It's sweet for fish gutting etc.
Originally Posted by Elf
I love Bark River knives. Great blades. I love the convex edges they put on their knives. I've go three of them.
Originally Posted by Elf
I love Bark River knives. Great blades. I love the convex edges they put on their knives. I've go three of them.

I'm gonna have to get me one!
I'm working as a volunteer up in the Santa Ana (CA) mtns. tomorrow, planting native plants in a burned area. I carry a machete in my backpack but often need an "in-between" blade bigger than my little Case penknife and smaller than the 'chete. So I'm carrying my Case "Moose" jacknife. Too big for everyday, but just right for sharpening small wood stakes, cutting grafts, cutting off nopal ("prickley pear" to you Gringos!) pads to plant, etc.

I've used Case knives for almost 60 years and see no reason to stop now. One that I still use I got for Christmas of 1951!
Mine goes everywhere with me. Handy for all kinds of chores, light and flat in my pocket, sharp enough to gut three deer in a day. grin
http://www.gerberstore.com/index.php?xpage=itempage&xid=355
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Elf

I'm gonna have to get me one!
I once dropped one of my Bark River knives on a stone floor surface (clearly my negligence), and the tip bent back. I called them. They said send it to them, which I did, and they sent it back with a newly formed blade tip, i.e., they reshaped it so it had a tip again. You can't tell it was ever damaged. The blade's just a hair shorter. No charge other than shipping. They have a life time warranty. This damage clearly went beyond any reasonably expected coverage of that warranty, and they fixed it anyway. That kind of customer service deserves publicity.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Bark River Camping Knife.JPG
This is my favorite knife though

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Elf

============

How many of these do you have?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by Elf

============

How many of these do you have?

[Linked Image]
Only two. You?

Seriously, though, who makes that? I want one.
None now,you wanted mine,remember?

Some who might be interested should Google "odd pocket knives". You'd be surprised what was out there,new and old.
benchmade elishewitz pocket clip knife.

and no doc rocket it aint for sale smile
Originally Posted by rockchucker
benchmade elishewitz pocket clip knife.

and no doc rocket it aint for sale smile

Wouldn't dream of trying to pry it outta your fingers, buddy! As a fellow Benchmade aficionado, though, I do respect your choice of blades.
ok as long as were clear on it smile

take care doc
a Shrade SP2,had it for years
In my pocket? A Victorinox of one sort or another. Have been for the past 32 years. I get too much use out of the other tools on a SAK to go with just a straight knife. Heck, one time while cycling in Big Sur, I wound up taking apart the carburetor of a VW Bug with my SAK. Literally pulled a small moth out of the primary jet. Put it all back together and the previously stranded motorist was on his way.

Scott
Don't know if Cold Steel still makes these but they sharpen easy, hold an edge decent enough and are tough as hell for a folder.
[Linked Image]

I mostly carry a Pro-Tech Godfather nowadays though.

Travis
Got a SOG Powerlock multi-tool on my belt on my weak side, plus a SOG Flash II in my weak side and strong side pockets. The blades on any of the three will shave you. A dull knife is like a rifle that won't shoot straight...not interested in either.

Many very nice choices listed above. I have a couple of nice knives, but seldom carry them and only use them for special occasions.
Today,as well as yesterday and tomorrow,I'm carrying an old very early Buck 301.It has the long nail pull on the master blade.I found it as I stepped down from the truck in the lot at the Petro in Effingham,Il,about this time 4 years ago.It's still tight,with no side wobble in any of the blades,has full blades,no cracks or chips in the handles.It has a few sharpening scratches on the blades.I picked it up and took it inside the knife shop on my way in to eat that evening asked the man if he'd seen it before,he said he hadn't.So I left it with him while I went to eat,when I returned he'd cleaned it and had it shaving sharp.I've carried it ever since,and it stays shaving sharp.
My trusty Gerber LST since 1987. Best pocket knife I've ever owned.
Spyderco CPM automatic. Little bigger than i usually carry but i like it. My everyday knife is a bone handled Case tiny trapper, small enough to fit in the coin pocket on a pair of jeans.
Kershaws and Benchmade Griptilians. Inexpensive knives that work well for me.

Expat
Buck 701.
Doc

[Linked Image]
Case swell center jack, has a 2-1/4" clip blade and a 1 1/2" spey blade. Been carrying this one about five years; it replaced an Old Timer Stockman I carried 20 years until loosing it. This picture shows a large version of my knife:
http://www.wrcase.com/knives/search/knife.php?Family='Silver%20Script%20Hunter%20Green'&Item='10127'
Doc , I've got a Buck just like that but my carry is a 30yr old single blade by Normark. Can't remember what they called it.
Beautiful watch, what kind is it?
It's an Elgin made in 1874.
Doc
[Linked Image]
Have a Case XX Trapper just like the one pictured by TLEE.

Just replaced it with a Case XX Trapper in stainless with stag handles.

I sweat so much that the blades were rusting on my old trapper.

Packed an Al Mar lock blade for several years. Almost cried when I lost it!

I ALWAYS have a pocket knife on me.

Virgil B.
Day in and day out its a Buck Trapper that croldfort gave to me when he'd read on another of our knife threads that I'd lost the one I had in a fit of clumsiness.
I carry a custom single blade canoe by jeff Mutz in California. Check out jmutz.com look at his work.
I normally carry one of 3 Mcusta knives, when I carry on my person. I keep a Seki-cut in my briefcase for pealing fruit (overkill, I know). When in the field, I use a Benchmade as it's much more heavily built than the Mcustas.
OK, picture of the actual knives I carry. The little Victronix lives on my key ring and has for more years than I recall. The Case XX micarta handled trapper is my every day and the little green jigged bone handled one for dressier occasions. The Camillus Blaze goes along part of the time just 'cause it can, it is one of the "Robo power" assisted open ones and is nice when holding onto bailing twine that needs cutting.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
SOG Flash 11, and you know how they say always cut away from you-----Its true!! Two arteries severed, and a $5000.00 bill!
mad (at myself)
DANG, that did leave a mark!
T LEE, Made a helluva mark in my wallet!
NO DOUBT about that! And what the hey, women love scars on their men. smile smile
Like the 99

This mostly.

[Linked Image]

Sometimes this.

[Linked Image]
Kershaw model 1660 in silver finish. Had a black one, but it disappeared one day.
Today it is a Kershaw Storm II.
I keep an old file around to cut on things. I ground on it a bit,.tempered on it a bit, stuck some handles on it, then hit it a few licks on a smooth Arkansas stone. It does a pretty good job.

[Linked Image]
Still just these.

Originally Posted by T LEE

[Linked Image]
I've got the Kershaw Leek that I carry most everywhere.
[Linked Image]
just a leatherman right now.....have found with a '77 Jeep and as old or older printing presses in need pliers and basic screwdrivers almost as much as a knife crazy
Schrade 94OTY and an Original Leatherman.

Alan
I carry a spyderco folding knife, all metal (no composite handle insert) with about 3/4 regular blade with the last 1/4 inside behing serrated. It's a plain blade and plain sides all stainless, not the funny cuts like something of them have.

Not something I would buy but a friend gave all his groomsman one for being in his wedding and I kinda grew to like it. I've used the serrated part many times now to cut small green brush while building a hunting blind at dark thirty in the morning.
I just threw a bunch of utility knife blades in my pants pocket before leaving the house this morning. I'll never do that again. shocked
Currently, Boker Treebrand. Barlow style. 2 3/4" clip point blade and 2" pen blade.

Far from my favorite pocketknife, but I lose them and drop them on pavement so often that I take some comfort in knowing I won't have to put on the sackcloth and ashes if I lose/break this one.
Benchmade 551 Griptillian. Have a couple of different griptillians and a few different Kershaws.

Expat
Speaking of utility knives, here's CRKT Zilla Jr. multi-tool on sale for $15.99 on steepandcheap.com:

CRKT Multi-tool $15.99

I can't vouch for the quality on this one, but most of the CRKT knives I've used seem to be pretty decent.
Leatherman WAVE and Benchmade Griptilian.
Leatherman folder or a Benchmade.

Greg
Today, MOD 875
a small swiss army knife with two blades and a few tools in the pocket, an Outdoor Edge folding skinner on the belt. Been carrying them so long like not haveing a watch on when I'm without them.
Same thing I've carried for years and years - an Imperial stainless from Ireland that the NRA sent me.
Buck 284.

Right size. Smooth contour. Textured grip. Light weight.
Originally Posted by lmartin
the leatherman thats on my side whenever im awake has a straight blade and a serrated blade on it

Plus one and additional full-size and two "Micras".
Cold Steel Medium Clip Point Voyager (always, ALWAYS) and a Victorinox Huntsman Swiss Army Knife
Some cheap piece of Chinese crap. If I had a good knife, I'd lose it inside of a half-hour, but gimme a cheap POS and I'll have it forever.
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Some cheap piece of Chinese crap. If I had a good knife, I'd lose it inside of a half-hour, but gimme a cheap POS and I'll have it forever.

glad i aint the only one.....went through three moderately expensive knives in 6 weeks.....have a cheap one that i am convinced can not be lost.....i swear if i tossed it in the middle of the lake it would turn back up after a few weeks.....i have "lost it" 20 times in 10 years but never for more than a couple weeks.....the others havent been seen for 6 months....
buck lancer with the small blade broken off.

Buck 701 stockman
Case medium stockman.
Kershaw of some sort.
Originally Posted by Armen
this link leads to a jacket.
my wife got one of these from her boss about 5 years ago.Been sitting in her desk at work since.She brought it home the other day,and was surprised I was interested. leatherman micra
Originally Posted by fluffy
Originally Posted by Armen
this link leads to a jacket.

Sale over. They've already moved on to another product. I think sale items are only available for a few hours at a time on that site.

I've been carrying this one for awhile now and found the automatic feature to be right handy at times.

Just press the hidden button and voila'........your ready to go.

Holds a pretty good edge too.

[Linked Image]

Here's where you can get it:

http://www.bladeplay.com/cat--Italian-Style-Knives--57--2
Lately I have been carrying a medium length Old Timer Stockman that my Dad recently gave me. He has had it about 35 years (in a tackle box); my Granddad (his F-I-L) gave it to him to use one day and told him to keep it. I cleaned it up, sharpened it and dropped it in my pocket about two weeks ago. I was carrying a Case when this thread started.

~ Sodbuster.
A leatherman......
Spyderco
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Spyderco

+1
I misplaced my backup Swiss army gentleman's dress
Guess I need to go to the gun show again
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Spyderco

+1
I misplaced my backup Swiss army gentleman's dress
Guess I need to go to the gun show again

Yeah, I misplaced something else, too -- hence the good old Spyderco.
Double Action Revolver,.....

GTC
© 24hourcampfire