Home
http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-drunk-dallas-cop-arrested-story,0,7219748.story

Actions of Alleged Drunken Dallas Police Officer Under Scrutiny for Firing into Squad Car
Critics claim the case highlights a double standard in public intoxication arrests.
Dawn Tongish The 33 News
June 18, 2010

DALLAS, TX - Was off-duty Dallas police officer, Kelly Beemer shielded by her badge? The officer was captured on dash cam video being carried to a squad car by two colleagues, after a night of drinking. Officials say Beemer was drunk, but she was not arrested for public intoxication.

In the video, the officer releases a profanity-laced tirade against the officer trying to drive her home. She then fires a shot from a gun in an ankle holster into the floorboard. On the tape, officers can be heard yelling, "Kelly, drop the gun."

The 27-year old veteran who has been with the force three years, was sent home to sleep it off. She was arrested the next day and charged with a misdemeanor weapons violation.

Critics say the officer was given special treatment because she is employed by the police department.

"Instead of taking her to jail as the officer would have done with any regular citizen, he was giving her a ride home courtesy of the taxpayer," Jonathan Apgar, a Dallas attorney said.

Apgar represents dozens of clients arrested for public intoxication. He says in many cases his clients were arrested on flimsy evidence, that didn't come close to the videotape proof against Beemer.

"Many of my clients were arrested because an officer smelled alcohol on them. They were not intoxicated and not posing a danger."

In a statement, Deputy Assistant Chief, Charles Cato says he made the decision to hold off arresting Beemer until evidence could be gathered to make a decision about what charges would be proper. It is a decision supported by some city leaders.

"He knows the person and what is happening and he knows he will have to reprimand that person," Deputy Mayor Pro Tem, Dwaine Caraway, said.

Dallas police have been in the process of reworking the public intoxication policy. Police say they may include better screenings, like a field sobriety test. But, so far critics say the change has been slow.

"The policy hasn't changed. People are still being rounded up and thrown in jail, based on flimsy evidence," according to Apgar.

Beemer remains on administrative leave. Two other officers have been placed on restrictive duty.
Happens all the time. Glad no one was hurt.
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Happens all the time.

Obviously.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Another 12.5ish K more posts and Jason Big can rival JO for the Bigest Internet Dumbphuck Award...........
Sounds like another rare misunderstanding...
Sounds like another rare misunderstanding...

... or just another fun night in Texas. wink
just another reason chicks shouldn't be LEO's...
nothing worse than a drunk bitch with a gun
Originally Posted by stxhunter
nothing worse than a drunk bitch with a gun

I would imagine that is true.
(hope I never have to find out first hand)
eek
a drunk husband rates a close second...
I've seen penty of guys that resemble that remark. grin
This is going to be interesting.

Recently retired chief David Kunkle set a high standard for police conduct.Some of the ones he fired got reinstated by a review process,but the message was clear. Dallas police are not above the law,and are held to a high standard.

Interestingly,the new chief's son shot and killed two men Sunday.
One was a police officer. I think the son,27, was from a previous marriage. I can only say the new chief will be tested as to his mettle in the coming days, and I wish him well. Bob
Originally Posted by badger
[Linked Image]

Yep, favoritism once more. If this had been a private sector drunk that popped a round off during a DUI arrest they likely wouldn't have been taken to jail, but they wouldn't have been driven home either.
Move along,felon!
I think your just resentful of the camaraderie that cops share because you have no friends.

I mean, where else can folks get that type of unconditional support from another?

Aside from the right church and all.

Maybe you should go to church?
Originally Posted by badger
[Linked Image]

Priceless!! wink

DFTFT
Originally Posted by isaac
Move along,felon!

That's funny considering the actions of the cops in that article that you support.
Originally Posted by RWE
I think your just resentful of the camaraderie that cops share because you have no friends.

I mean, where else can folks get that type of unconditional support from another?

Aside from the right church and all.

Maybe you should go to church?

So you and your friends help each other commit crimes like those cops did? And what church are you speaking of that aids and abets those who commit crimes?
You were raped by your cop neighbor's three legged blind chihuahua, weren't you........
Originally Posted by wildswalker
You were raped by your cop neighbor's three legged blind chihuahua, weren't you........

You want that drunken, negligent discharging cop to go free, don't you?
Puzzie..........
You do want her to go free. I knew it. As long as she is drunk and cranking off rounds in your home/vehicle I guess it would be ok.
Move along,felon!
What does she look like?..
Does ANYONE here support your crusade?

Did the Chihauhua give you a kiss afterwards?
Lighten up Francis. Get a life and move on.

Yes, I'm an appeaser, and I support all crimes committed by LEO's. This way, I'm ahead of the game and you wont have to waste time posting it.

Clyde
Originally Posted by BLG

Yes, I'm an appeaser, and I support all crimes committed by LEO's. This way, I'm ahead of the game and you wont have to waste time posting it.

Clyde

At least you are admitting it.
Move along,felon!

Remember, you claimed anyone calling anyone else a criminal in lieu of an argument was mentally ill. Take your damn thorazine shuffle somewhere else.
Does ANYONE here support your crusade?

Did the Chihauhua give you a kiss afterwards?

Not on a crusade, just sharing articles that others might find interesting. Some do. And others like you don't want their idols to be shown in a negative light even if it is of their own doing.
What's it like rating lower than a Loooooser.......?
Originally Posted by JasonB
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

I would think that you would be happy now that you have found one member who supports rogue cops.
Move along,Grimace!
Move along,Grimace!

Too late for changing the nature of your insults. You have already pegged yourself as having mental problems.
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

I would think that you would be happy now that you have found one member who supports rogue cops.

Oh there are a bunch that do, just won't admit to it. But then you knew that already. I will be happy on this subject when the people and acts the articles mention are no longer.
[Linked Image]
What's it like rating lower than a Loooooser.......?

You could probably tell me or anyone else considering you are upset that an article was written exposing a reckless officer and her co-workers for what they are.
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

Oh there are a bunch that do, just won't admit to it. But then you knew that already. I will be happy on this subject when the people and acts the articles mention are no longer.

Are you certain ?

I think it is rather obvious many here support these officers. Those members get mad over the article being passed along, not that the officers committed the crimes mentioned in the articles.
Why do you think that ?
For the same reasons I have pointed out almost daily for the last month.
I think it is rather obvious many here support these officers. Those members get mad over the article being passed along, not that the officers committed the crimes mentioned in the articles.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

BS, post the names up of those that support bad/rogue cops and show us where they said they support them. I challenged 1234567 to this very same thing and he couldn't post any names and neither will you because there are none. [bleep] troll is all you are.

I've seen your threads, but you are saying there are people who support bad cops that are members here ?
I see nothing wrong with a couple of coworkers taking a friend home that had too much to drink. Back in the day I did that myself a few times. Their jobs just happen to be cops. So with that issue,..To me it's a non issue.

Now firing her hideout gun in the car..hmmmmmm.. Thats probably the real issue here. That shows a tremendous amount of carelessness or possibly malice. In her befuddled drunk brain, Was she thinking of shooing her friends for making her leave the bar?

I've seen your threads, but you are saying there are people who support bad cops that are members here ?

Yes. Anyone who tries to find out the facts, or questions JasonB's motives supports rogue LEO's. Doesn't matter that they say up front the cop should be in jail, lose his job, or whatever. The minute ANYONE questions the merit of the story, or would like to see more info, JasonB throws out the appeaser card. It really gets old, as he has no other topic to bring up, or substance to support his arguments. He's a troll with an agenda. I don't know why he feels threatened by cops. But, in the end, it's his achiles heel. Unfortunately, his bile degrades some fine cops on this site. NH9,Ltpowell, to name a couple. I really think a cop must have pisssed in his cheerios. I can't explain it.

Clyde
Originally Posted by BLG

Yes. Anyone who tries to find out the facts, or questions JasonB's motives supports rogue LEO's. Doesn't matter that they say up front the cop should be in jail, lose his job, or whatever. The minute ANYONE questions the merit of the story, or would like to see more info, JasonB throws out the appeaser card. It really gets old, as he has no other topic to bring up, or substance to support his arguments. He's a troll with an agenda. I don't know why he feels threatened by cops. But, in the end, it's his achiles heel. Unfortunately, his bile degrades some fine cops on this site. NH9,Ltpowell, to name a couple. I really think a cop must have pisssed in his cheerios. I can't explain it.

Clyde

Thanks Brother (really) , but don't worry about us. We deal with his type for a living. The problem is that nobody wants to have to work, or defend themselves, when they are off and among friends.
Could someone please teach JasonB seppuku?

On second thought, I know a cop's kid he really ought to be introduced to. That pair might just be a perfect match... though a pair of horse mules mating ain't a pretty sight...

[Linked Image]

3.2 MPT ( Miles per Twinkie )

GTC
JasonB.....your mouth reminds me of a smokehouse.....everyone is always hanging their meat in it.
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Could someone please teach JasonB seppuku?

On second thought, I know a cop's kid he really ought to be introduced to. That pair might just be a perfect match... though a pair of horse mules mating ain't a pretty sight...

could it be????
© 24hourcampfire