Home
Posted By: noduck Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Just wacthed a lady take out a cart coral in a nissian armada..Bent the rail of the coral almost to the ground..After realizing what she just did,she gets out checks her damaged passenger fender,then gets in takes off... You think her husband will be happy 2 nite at the dinner table.... My 5 yr old daughter says How come that lady likes her car and then wrecks it like that....Why did she do that dad...........
Posted By: Slipstream Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Had it been me, I would have taken her license # and called the Po-Po on her. Then they'd really have something to discuss around the dinner table...............
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Wonder if Target will be happy?
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Originally Posted by Slipstream
Had it been me, I would have taken her license # and called the Po-Po on her. Then they'd really have something to discuss around the dinner table...............

Had it been me... I'd have minded my own business... Then again,I don't have a need to see others suffer for their accidents(cuz they ain't called onpurposes)...
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Not disagreeing with the mind ones business part, Bart, but she left the scene of a property damage accident.

Property damage = criminal act.
If she had went inside to report it there'd be no problem. As it is, she's committed a crime.

Still none of my business... If ask,I'd tell the truth... Nothing more...
Posted By: jimmyd223 Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Bart, if she had backed into someones car, would you report it?
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
Bart, if she had backed into someones car, would you report it?
She didn't... How do y'all know she didn't call the store and fess up?
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Armada's must be tougher than I thought.
The WalMart cart corrals around here are steel cages made of 2.5" dia pipes.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Around here the police don't come out to investigate accidents that occur on private property...

Bet the store's security camera caught her in the act. wink
Posted By: stumpy Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Glad it wasn't a family with a cart full of groceries.
I would have reported it to Target.

stumpy
Posted By: okok Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Originally Posted by noduck
Just wacthed a lady take out a cart coral in a nissian armada..Bent the rail of the coral almost to the ground..After realizing what she just did,she gets out checks her damaged passenger fender,then gets in takes off... You think her husband will be happy 2 nite at the dinner table.... My 5 yr old daughter says How come that lady likes her car and then wrecks it like that....Why did she do that dad...........

Well Son, these are what you call demorats. lol
Posted By: SoTexasH Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
I bet she was on her cell phone
Posted By: jnyork Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Originally Posted by SoTexasH
I bet she was on her cell phone

Probably texting.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Target parking lot - 06/28/10
Mom's been in the hospital, so I've been doing a lot of running over there, and back home, quite a bit the last few days.
Yesterday, after leaving the hospital, I got on the expressway for a straight shot home, and found my way blocked by some young bimbo, texting while driving. Weaving all over her lane, she at least didn't stray into mine when I passed her, but I got the hell away from her as quick as I could. Shoulda gave her a bump, just to wake her up.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Target parking lot - 06/29/10
I'd say she is responsible and report her. I'd damn sure want someone to help me and not look the other way if would have been my car.

What makes it right to look away for a cart rack? Cause its corporate America? That will only raise the prices more at Target to pay for it.

And if she did call in, then its no news when you call it in to verify it.

Leaving the scene and leaving your responsibility just does not sit well with me.
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Target parking lot - 06/29/10
Originally Posted by rost495
I'd say she is responsible and report her. I'd damn sure want someone to help me and not look the other way if would have been my car.

What makes it right to look away for a cart rack? Cause its corporate America? That will only raise the prices more at Target to pay for it.

And if she did call in, then its no news when you call it in to verify it.

Leaving the scene and leaving your responsibility just does not sit well with me.

Well said.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Target parking lot - 06/29/10
Anybody remember Kitty Genovese and Genovese Syndrome?
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Target parking lot - 06/29/10
Never met her. Please explain.

Never mind...google is my friend. smile
Posted By: croldfort Re: Target parking lot - 06/29/10
I would mind mine own business. Target would not pay damages if one of the carts that they own had rolled off and scratched the car.

If the lady had hit another car, I would have tried get the tag number, and left it on the windshield without my name.
Posted By: jimmyd223 Re: Target parking lot - 06/29/10
The whole point here is damage to someones property and leaving. Years ago an azzhat tore down about 60 feet of my cyclone fence on my truck parking lot and drove off mad but he only made it about 3 blocks as he had punched a hole in his oil pan, quite the easy trail to find him grin Damage was around 4,000$ as he took out the electric gate also. Of course, no licence or insurance but the court made damn sure he paid for the damage.
Have had damage done to my vehicles in parking lots and the [bleep] just drive off leaving you with the repairs bill. It's called hit and run for a reason and if I see it happen, damn right I will turn their azz in mad
Posted By: JPro Re: Target parking lot - 06/29/10
A few weeks ago, I backed into a winged end of a low-lying retaining wall in a parking lot. The wing jutted out a bit into the parking lot and couldn't be seen in any of my mirrors. As the bump set my sleeping baby to crying, I drove on to my next stop. When I saw that it had actually dented my bumper, I drove back to make sure that I hadn't damaged the wall. Of course, the thick rock wall was fine (unlike my bumper), but it would have bothered me if I hadn't checked it out.

I'd guess the lady at Target didn't give it a second thought.

Posted By: chris112 Re: Target parking lot - 06/30/10
For those that think it just is not their business; what if you wound up getting sc**wed over because someone hit you and then moved their car? Happened to me. Report the dingdong, she deseves it. And it might make her think twice before doing it again.
Posted By: .280Rem Re: Target parking lot - 06/30/10
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Not disagreeing with the mind ones business part, Bart, but she left the scene of a property damage accident.

Property damage = criminal act.
If she had went inside to report it there'd be no problem. As it is, she's committed a crime.

The damage was quite unintentional = not criminal. Leaving the scene of an accident with property damage or injury = criminal. The victim? Target. Think they don't factor in damage like that to cart corrals? You think they'd really mess with a Target customer over that? Doubt it.
Posted By: djs Re: Target parking lot - 06/30/10
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

Had it been me... I'd have minded my own business... Then again,I don't have a need to see others suffer for their accidents(cuz they ain't called onpurposes)...

The term "accident" indicates that it could not be avoided. Careless driving is not an accident. I'd have recorded her number and turned it into the Target front office. She did not even have the courtesy to go in and tell the manager what happened and offer to pay (the manager would most likely have forgiven the incident).
Posted By: .280Rem Re: Target parking lot - 06/30/10
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

The term "accident" indicates that it could not be avoided. Careless driving is not an accident. I'd have recorded her number and turned it into the Target front office. She did not even have the courtesy to go in and tell the manager what happened and offer to pay (the manager would most likely have forgiven the incident).

Yes, it's an accident. "Accident" in no way indicates in could have been avoided, it means it was unintentional.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Target parking lot - 06/30/10
Report them! I wish someone had reported the person that dented the fender of my new truck. I don't care if it was an accident or intentional. The person that did it is still responsible for the dent. Why should I suffer for their accident?
Posted By: noduck Re: Target parking lot - 06/30/10
Man i cant believe the number replies on this... For the record if it matters, I was putting the kids in there car seats heard the noise looked around and seen what the lady did... I was like did i just see her take that out... She got out looked at her damaged fender and took off... Like they say it happened so fast.... At the time i was so in disbelief what i saw it did not dawn on me to try to track her down, plus i dont know if i would caught up to her cause it takes a minute to put the kids in there car seat......
Posted By: eh76 Re: Target parking lot - 07/01/10
HAd a motorcycle take on a van on a project of mine today....head on...it took 3 hours to investigate and cleanup the wreckage. Total road blockage. Traffic was backed up for 7 miles on a very busy 2 lane highway in both directions.

People headed out for a holiday weekend....most of whom have no business operating a vehicle. Steelhead would say people are [bleep].....I say people are stupid.
© 24hourcampfire