Home
I fractured my foot last week,went and got xrays.They gave me a stiff shoe to walk around in... Everyday things are getting better then last night i get this huge burning sensation on the bottom part of my foot... Is this part of the healing??I looked online read somewhere it might be my nerves trying to heal up????

Any advice would be great

Thanks, noduck
Sounds kinda' like the pain I get when I don't have enough arch support. Is that shoe thingy they got you in lacking in support?
I was wondering that myself the shoe they gave is more like a sandal with a stiff sole. It helps out big time but at the same time im hobbling around.. And maybe its causing my nerves on my bottom of feet to get screwed up...
Have you tried eating a can of frozen oj concentrate with a spoon and shaving your junk?

(sorry, people just expect me to say stuff like that.)

Nerve pain is never a good thing.
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Have you tried eating a can of frozen oj concentrate with a spoon and shaving your junk?

I'm confused.

I thought the OJ was a substitute for shaving cream.

fish head
Only when vodka's involved...
I'LL do it nortern dave if it will make this pain go away...
Originally Posted by fish head

I'm confused.

I thought the OJ was a substitute for shaving cream.

fish head

It's really much more complicated than that.

Stay off your feet ,and use ice.Guarenteed it will feel better
Patient: "doctor, it hurts when I do this..."

Doctor: "Well, then don't do THAT."

I don't see too many guys with MD after their names here. Call your doctor. I'll bet he tells you it is plantar facitis (sp?) and gives you an orthotic.

Notice no MD after my name.
do a google search for dysesthesia. The fires of hell aren't that hot. I going thru it right now with tendon injury. They say it will get better. I sure hope so.
Thanks,
Tom
My advice is to not get medical opinions from a gun/hunting internet forum.
I have been having pains like you describe for the last 6 months after breaking my leg. The doctor said it is the nerves trying to heal up and they may or may not quit. From what he said there was not much they could do about it.

It has been 6 months now and the only time I can feel the side of my foot is when I rub the front of my shin just above the ankle it feels like someone runs their finger across the numb spot on the side of my foot. I don't know if that is good or not.
Originally Posted by ironbender

That hurted my feeling.

[Linked Image]

so then,he shouldn't take your advice,either?
Sorry, ND.

Good point fluffy, but that was just my advice, not a medical opinion. smile

More advice, (again, not a medical opinion) is to go see an orthopod to get a medical opinion.

Neuropathy from broken bones can be very bad. (oops). grin

Neuropathy from broken bones can be very bad. (oops). grin

Originally Posted by fluffy
Nerve pain is never a good thing.

see? I gave him sound advice.
well, looky there! smile
ortho-pod?

nyeero-pathy?

You guys don't need to make stuff up to impress me ya know. grin

ortho-pod?.... bone doc

nyeero-pathy?...noive damage

You guys don't need to make stuff up to impress me ya know. grin

smile
Are you sure orthopod isn't a 1 legged sleestack?

[Linked Image]
Being sure doesn't seem to enter into this at all. And, if the guy needed an official doctor's medical opinion, we wouldn't be here for him to turn to. whistle
lol!!

grin

You didn't mention surgery so I am assuming that you have a stable joint. Is it not likely that you had nerve damage or that would have been picked up on the physical exam and discussed with you. If you just fractured your ankle (Do you know what bone?) and did not even have to have it reduced then you most likely didnt injure a nerve. Where on your foot exactly? the heel, the arch, ball of your foot? what does the skin look like over the area that hurts? Its possible the boot is too tight. If it was put on not long after the injury then its possible the swelling has increased to the point of constricting blood flow and causing pain. It sounds like you have just been putting too much wait on it, take it easy, elevate it, and take NSAIDS unless your doctor told you not to for various other reasons. I hope you get to feeling better.
who dis JDaniels guy tockin all smart & stuff? makin up words like "nerves" & stuff?

grin

How's that foot noduck??

You still with us?

How'd you break it?

Kick a dog?

RICE

Get professional advice...or amputate. Your choice.
I fractured it playing softball, which now im retired from. Two feet injuries in 3 years = no good..

Still here was out side trying to teach momma how to run a lawnmower.....

Now to Jdaniels i fracutred my phalanx the radiologist said wasnt that bad should be fine. Everyday its getting better,just last nite getting burn feeling in the sole.. I think its from hobbling around on it to much causing the pain.. I was just seeing if anybody else ever experinced this before..

Freaking out a little, my first mulie and elk hunt end of sept in WY.....
oh heck, sept is a long ways off, you'll be good to go.

get GOOD boots.

That's it! Northern Dave, MD coming to an internet site near youz.
Well I doubt you have nerve damage, but you should be staying off of it for now, sept. is not a long time when it comes to bones healing and you don't want to prolong the healing period. If you notice any decreased sensation anywhere in the foot or toes you should let your doc know. Other than that all I can tell you is 1) have a good boot when you go hunting so you have adequate support, which I'm sure you do and 2) make sure you are taking a true NSAID and not acetominophen (Tylenol), which doesn't really decrease the inflammation like a NSAID such as Aleve or ibuprofen. The Tylenol will help with pain but the inflammation is mostly what is causing your pain and that is what you want to get rid of. Now this is assuming your doctor didn't prescribe a stronger NSAID or more importantly, tell you not to take any due to some other health reason. i.e. GI bleeding, ulcers, etc.. Good luck on healing up and hunting.
is naproxen an nsaid?
Naproxen is, and Tylenol (acetominophen) is not.

http://www.lyberty.com/encyc/articles/nsaid.html
Yes, naproxen is Aleve.
For additional advice, that may be of interest, I hear that Dave's "Baboon Ass" treatment also works for sore feet !!

Better dig up a link, Dave !

Paul.

I know pizzing on your feet in the shower will cure athelete's foot.

Not sure how it applies here though. crazy

fish head
Not an MD but I do suffer from foot pain. I'm sitting at the work computer right now with my shoes off. It's a burning-like pain that I get in the balls of my feet and toes ... at times I want to lop 'em off. Mine comes from poor circulation. I get relief when walking and if standing, transferring the weight from the balls of the feet to the heels. If you also get relief from this weight transfer, I would hazard that your issue is also blood circulation and all may clear up after that device is removed.

Or you could eat a can of frozen OJ and shave 'yer junk! wink
© 24hourcampfire