Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Down in SW Pa. visiting friends shoooting a few chucks and gonna head to cabelas in WV with the kids and my girl....
Posted By: ingwe Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
YOU SUCK!!! laugh

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOOOOOOOOD!!!! grin

Ingwe
Posted By: SuperCub Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Watching the fog and rain, wishing I could go to the range. Given our proximity to the ocean, we get a lot of that in July.

Guess I'll do some loading instead.

Going to a statewide Tea Party shindig at the State Capitol this evening. Lots of speakers lined up, Rand Paul among them.

Gotta remind the Generous Assembly who's money they are being generous with. cool
Headin to the shop to work on a MU-2 Braden winch on an old 52 Dodge power wagon.
Gunner
Posted By: ADK4Rick Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
went to take the kids fishing and got rained out.
Posted By: podunk Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Got a little fence job to do then thinkin bout layin low on the creek bank for a few hours.... maybe try for a catfish dinner.
Going to Dallas to pick up our nephew, city kid from San Diego.
He comes out to the ranch every summer for a month or so and we work horses, do ranch chores, shoot, handload, fish, roam around with guns & archery gear, and generally have great time.
Can't wait!

Ed
Posted By: isaac Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Taking my son to the airport for a two and a half week trip to Rome,Florence and his mom's side family home on the Adriatic, in Morotta. He's been many times before,without being over 21, but this time I insisted he travel and explore this beautiful country. Bought him a Eurorail pass for encouragement.

Tonight, I am trying my hand at cooking a Thai dinner for 6 folks.

I will then watch Spain beat the Netherlands tomorrow.

Originally Posted by isaac
Tonight, I am trying my hand at cooking a Thai dinner for 6 folks

I know the Thai people are small, but that must be one hell of a big skillet. grin
I wish it were that simple,bro'!!

Lots of frikken ingredients to make this stuff.
heading out in a bit for a day trip up to the Stephen Foster State Park in Georgia. It is out in the middle of the Okefenokee Swamp.
Will do some canoe driving, picnic, and maybe a pontoon boat ride.

Going with my neighbor and his two little ones. His wife and mine are off on a 'girls trip' for the weekend with some of their friends.
Posted By: toad Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
takin' the Harley over the Beartooths today.

gunner500, sounds like you have a cool project happening.
Posted By: Plinker Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Happy birthday! It's my wife's birthday, too! (Mine is Wednesday.)

I'm repairing two tube amplifiers in my shop today. A Marshall 50W JCM800 head and a 70's Ampeg B25B head. Oh, and I'm playing my Gibson SG standard at church this evening.
Posted By: Red44spl Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Dump runs and some reloading. Range trip tomorrow.
Happy Birthday DVD.

My son stood me up. We were supposed to head to Tensas and dig fence posts.

I explained to him the only reason I had him and spent all this money raising him was to help me do work. He thanked me then said he said he and his girlfriend were still going fishing. I told him if he stands me up again he'll be sleeping with the fishes..

A bastid, that one. mad

So I am off to buy bunkbeds to go in a 12x20 camp I rigged up behind the barn, so I can get Ryan and his farting college buddies out of my poor mother in law's house when they come down to hunt.
Posted By: duck911 Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Going out to play in the boat, that's new to us as of Monday (used 2001 Sea Ray)

[Linked Image]
Happy Birthday Dan! Thanks for the dead animal pics. I just got back from a long bike ride and intend to go to the range when I cool down and maybe flounder fishing this afternoon.
Posted By: krp Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
After a houseful of the wife's family yesterday, we are headed up to the mountains for more fishing with the niece and her parents... whenever they wake up.

Here's the niece and I last wed.

[Linked Image]

Kent
What are you making Bob? I like the noodle dish that has lots of basil, peppers and tomato. I'm not sure what it's called... Pad Kee Mao I think.
Posted By: HawkI Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Party tonight at our place. Just busy with the kids a lot.

I better get this stuff in order....

Posted By: BGunn Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Also getting the boat ready...

[Linked Image]

Going to take the Grandson, and his Mom out for a ride and maybe a little fishing tomorrow..

The Grandson earned the ride, he came over one day to do some 4 wheelin'

[Linked Image]

But then he volunteered to help me rig the electronics on the new boat by fitting in where I couldn't !!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: zeke612 Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
mowing...
Posted By: Bristoe Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
[Linked Image]
I should be doing that, but but I have lines marked with little flags all through the property marking lines for some digging.
Posted By: BMT Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
4 am trip to Airport for a 6th grader who will spend a week in Boston with the Congressional Youth Leadership Challenge.

9 AM Cub scout gathering with hotdog lunch for all the families, skits at 1 PM

2 PM party for the (now graduated) 8th graders (whole family invited) at the lake.

10:30 AM sun-Church.

4 PM SUnday, the 8th grader is off to Girl SCout Horse camp.

BMT
Posted By: rattler Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
waiting to hear whats going on with my sis cause my lil nephew that passed this morning.....im beat up from climbing up and down fences and in and out of chutes at the rodeo getting pics and video for 2 nights and cant drive the 8 hour round trip today to visit sis......

will likely head down town to visit my classmates as its my 10 year to keep me occupied this afternoon and evening.....
The Blue Angels are performing today at Pensacola Beach, thought I might take the midget to see them. Feeling the pain from ripping my back out Wednesday night but sitting still doesn't seem to help it either so what the hey !

Lynn
was going to do some mechanicing on my truck then go hog hunting this evening. don't know about working on the truck as i woke up with my back hurting. must of pulled something lifting weights yesterday .... sorry to hear about that Rattler I'll say a prayer for the little one
just got back from my karate belt test.

will now do some tree trimming.

later, need to pick up a set of prints and get them framed up to re-stock my gallery.

Thai sounds good. may have to do that tonight too. wink
riding a beat for 12 hours

happy b-day dan.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Loading the the trailer for our move to W. Va. is out due to rain,so wife and I are headed to our fav BBQ shack for some rainy day ribs and pulled pork sammies.

Life is good. Moving can wait laugh
working and then going to a wedding

IOWs a wasted day

it's beautiful here and I should be running skinny water somewhere.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Been at work for 5 1/2 hours, probably 4 more to go, but at least my guys will be finished today, rather than having to come back tomorrow to finish up.
Posted By: shreck Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
I'm supposed to be doing house work. Sux but the curtains don't wash themselves.
Posted By: 308scout Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Trying to finish cutting hay so I can go fishing!
Went out and did some treework this morning. I plan to lay around 'til after dinner and continue on pressure washing the fence and the driveway!
Still recuperating from the back surgery. They put the device in yesterday in about a 45 minute period. See www.Xstop.com. Still plenty of valium and percocet on hand so I won't know how it did to the leg and butt pain for a few more days. I know I had to shell out $15k so far because of prick insurance companies..Gotta ready to shoot elk in Oct and pig in Dec.
Isaac, If you would ask please, I am looking for a Marlin Model 94 in .44 mag with half magazine as gift for my surgeon. Did not know how hard they are to find. It is the one he wants and I need one in gift giving shape or it is off to WI for redo. Thanks. Mike
Posted By: SuperCub Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Planning a fly-in moose hunting trip to the Yukon with Yukoner. [Linked Image]

I'm pumped about that, but need this fog to lift to get some range time with the 375.

Posted By: byc Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Happy Birthday Dan. Make it your day!

Cleaned out the pond and made the fish all happy-like. From here I'm going to watch the soccer game and then enjoy a date with a very beautiful lady.

David
Bowhunted blacktail bucks this morning.
OPENING DAY!
Happiest of birthdays to a damn good pard.

Enjoy Dan...
Posted By: 5sdad Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Painted the south side of the house. Probably should go out and pick beans.
Posted By: rkamp Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10

Supervising my pasture donkey while she mows the front yard,swilling cheap beer, working the garden beds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Damn fine day so far.......221 Fireball is bloodied on a few chucks,went to downtown Pittsburg and had a sandwich at Pramanti Brothers and heading to Cabelas shortly then to Mt Washington for dinner...family and good friends nuthin better!
Posted By: amax155 Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
As little as possible. I am thinking real hard about firing up the grill if the daily thunderstorms will go around me.
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Damn fine day so far.......221 Fireball is bloodied on a few chucks,went to downtown Pittsburg and had a sandwich at Pramanti Brothers and heading to Cabelas shortly then to Mt Washington for dinner...family and good friends nuthin better!

=============

We had house guests leave us yesterday to head up to Pittsburgh. They just posted on FB about a fantastic meal they had last night at Pramanti Brothers.

I'll now have to check it out!
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Where where you bustin' chucks?

Originally Posted by isaac

We had house guests leave us yesterday to head up to Pittsburgh. They just posted on FB about a fantastic meal they had last night at Pramanti Brothers.

I'll now have to check it out!

Isaac,
You gotta go to the original one in the Strip district.Made many, many "impaired" trips down there at ungodly hours just cause I needed a Primanti's fix.
The rest are all a let down. (same food just less "atmosphere")
I'll grant an exception to the one in Oakland because of the college atmosphere.
Doug
Posted By: Pugs Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Went for a trail run early this am but cut it short at 35 minutes as the downpours loomed.

Came home and worked on the top for the new stereo cabinet. Getting close to the end.
[Linked Image]

Went shopping with the wife and bought a new pair of running shoes, went to lunch at a local brewpub and strolled the antique mall. Now home to finish glueing up the top.
Loaded up my Rokon, target holder, table, reloading supplies so's I could work on loads for the new rifle & shoot the AR without a crowd around...about 20 miles south of Tahoe the first ridge west of the Sierra crest. Got a late start & it got too hot. Prolly just leave all the stuff in the pickup & go in the morning.
Worked up a couple of food plots and will plant next week.
Originally Posted by Pugs
Went for a trail run early this am but cut it short at 35 minutes as the downpours loomed.

Came home and worked on the top for the new stereo cabinet. Getting close to the end.
[Linked Image]

Went shopping with the wife and bought a new pair of running shoes, went to lunch at a local brewpub and strolled the antique mall. Now home to finish glueing up the top.

Pugs
Pictures when it is all done?

I think I like your workshop!
Bustin chucks in McDonald Pa.......Pramanti's was the one in the strip district.....was a line out the door
Posted By: Pugs Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Pugs
Pictures when it is all done?

I think I like your workshop!

Will do. Just a basement workshop/guy zone but it's home smile
Posted By: okok Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Originally Posted by Salmonella
OPENING DAY!

Any luck ?
Posted By: Notropis Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
I went Cowboy Action Shooting at my club. It was very hot and muggy, but nobody fell out. I missed two shots with my .45's. I was going to work on some food plots after the shoot but decided against it because of the heat and threatening thunderstorms. My middle and right brake lights went out on my Yukon, so I spent an unsuccessful hour tinkering with fuses trying to cure it. I am about to get a cool beverage and sit in air conditioned comfort in front of a window so I can watch boats go by on the Intracoastal Waterway. It has been a good day so far except for the truck's problem.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Had a job to do this morning, cooked some fresh zucchini, venison and sauce for my son for supper and then I'm headed out to a graduation party for a friend's son.
Posted By: eh76 Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
I got to work smile ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dan!
....Two things that need doing...

1. Swathing my alfalfa

2. Flaming MLB over the Allstar Game cave in and move to Anusheim! mad

I'll be watching Vintage TV westerns on HULU during the Allwhore Game.
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by Salmonella
OPENING DAY!

Any luck ?

Son saw two nice bucks, one dandy, just couldn't get close enough.
Zip for me.
I'm in for the long haul, thinking September will be my time.....
okay,..I've finished with my typical Saturday gunshop motorcycle tour.

Found a really dandy nickled Colt Police Positive in 32-20 from 1925 at one shop. Unfortunately, they know how many of us like those things and it's priced accordingly.

They want a weeks take home pay for it.

Sometimes,...being a frugal kind of guy is a nuisance.
Happy Bday, Dan, Rattler, sorry about your loss. I am stuck in Virginia, so I went to the Gander Mountain and the Bass Pro up in Ashland, was under impressed, so I cam back to the hotel and went for a nice ride on the motorsickle on some back roads, gonna sit back and watch the race later and fart around the campfire!
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Found a really dandy nickled Colt Police Positive in 32-20 from 1925 at one shop. Unfortunately, they know how many of us like those things and it's priced accordingly.

AWWWWWW...H@ll! Get wild and crazy. You need that Colt. wink
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Bristoe

AWWWWWW...H@ll! Get wild and crazy. You need that Colt. wink

If I hadn't just brought another one home a few days ago, I'd probably treat myself. By my wife would view it as an opportunity to buy herself a new BMW if I bought two in one week.

She don't bitch about my gun buying jones,...but she's kinda funny. If she gets it in her head that it's money spendin' time, she don't mess around.
I'll get a call on the phone,...she'll be out at the BMW dealership,..talkin' bout,.."Come out here,...I've got something I want you to look at."

,..and then it's *on*.

Checked the zero on my elk rifle. Found it in the middle of the driveway last evening. The Wife had taken it out of the front seat and propped it up against the truck, then...drove off. Fortunately it was in a Boyd's soft case and we are at the ranch with no one for miles around.

No damage.

Sitting on the deck looking trying to decide whether to shoot at the buffalo target across the lake (212yds) and drink a Heinekin or take a nap.
leaving for the lease in about 45 minutes hopefully I'll get video of my sons first hog kill. he's 4 for 4 on deer but the only time he had a shot at a hog it was almost to dark to see and decided to pass on the shot
Posted By: CoElk101 Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Whent to dog town 250 confirmed dead. long shot of the day 487 yards dead nuts 220 swift 320 for the 17 HMR. short shot of the day 2 yards 220 swift
Originally Posted by Pugs

[Linked Image]

Great looking cabinet Pugs.

JM
320 for the HMR?.....nice shootin'!
Posted By: Redneck Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Put 140 miles on the bike this morning - finding some new roads to travel..

Boring day for the rest, unfortunately... I gotta get a life..
Workin' today but cleared out the back of the truck to make room for a Newfoundland and Llewelyn setter and their kennels. Road trip tomorrow to pick up my boat on the east side and bring it over to the coast.

The Salmon are here.
Posted By: passport Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Spent the whole day at my wifes aunt and uncles cottage on lake Michigan, just perfect weather with warm water, rare for lake MI. Just the hen, my lab and I. Now Im relaxed and a bit sunburned. Time to crack open the bottle of Ocean Vodka my buddy gave me, if only for medicinal purposes......

Posted By: 340boy Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Was out at the shooting range doing a full auto AR15 shoot put on by Primary Weapons Systems.
Got to try a 7, 10 and 16" barreled versions.
Free ammo, also!
Can't beat that...
grin
Posted By: byc Re: What are you doing today? - 07/10/10
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok
Happy Bday, Dan, Rattler, sorry about your loss. I am stuck in Virginia, so I went to the Gander Mountain and the Bass Pro up in Ashland, was under impressed, so I cam back to the hotel and went for a nice ride on the motorsickle on some back roads, gonna sit back and watch the race later and fart around the campfire!

Go to Green Top. Gun store about a mile from where you were.
Up at 6AM with wife for trip to farmer's market to buy sweet corn and tomatoes-back by 7:30AM. Load firearms in Pathfinder and depart for 80 mile trip to Tennessee to Rifle Range. I am Range Officer all day till dark. Shoot Ruger in 338 RCM with repaired lupy, Win 70 in 270 WSM and Ruger #1 in 300 H&H with Ziess and Browning Abolt in 300 WSM. Very Hot all day and afternoon. Leave range at 630PM for 80 mile drive back. 8PM Supper is BLT, sweetcorn and peas and cornbread. Me and puppy are tired and will be in bed soon.
Posted By: 700LH Re: What are you doing today? - 07/11/10
Fishing on Brownlee Reservoir.
© 24hourcampfire