Home
Posted By: EthanEdwards Our Friend Crossfire - 08/15/10
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100815/ap_on_re_us/us_border_tea_party
Posted By: krp Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/15/10
Hope it all goes well, wish I could have made it.

Kent
Posted By: HugAJackass Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/15/10
I may be in Afghanistan, but these folks are real soldiers on the front lines. History will remember them as patriots.....

..... that is if our Feds ever get their heads out of their 4th point of contact.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/15/10
Hope it was a successful event.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/15/10
Maybe we can twist his arm and get him to tell us about it .
Posted By: Scott F Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/15/10
We may have to beg but it will be worth it.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/15/10
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I may be in Afghanistan, but these folks are real soldiers on the front lines. History will remember them as patriots.....

..... that is if our Feds ever get their heads out of their 4th point of contact.
Well said.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
I'll work my way backwards into the last coupla' days,....a serious crash and burn is about to see me get more that a short nap,....in days.

Here's a coupla' pics of the man himself, Sheriff Joe Arpaio

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I was shaded up with some rowdy local friends, and newly met Campfire member funshooter, and his lovely lady Jan,.....we were a mite concerned about the level of activity off to the South, per the pics below. Test your eyes on THIS one :

[Linked Image]

Here, let me zoom in, I would imagine that we'll be finding out about these clowns,......they had badge folders hanging around their necks,.....obviously not playing sneaky,....either.

[Linked Image]

My rowdy friends and I were interviewed and taped by this lovely Swiss reporter,.........

[Linked Image]
I'll catch up to more of this in the AM,.....

GTC
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
Thanks for the pics and updates Cross. Awesome. Well-done.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
that swiss girl talked to me too, but she wasn't as hot as the mexican girl, kind of like a young jennifer lopez according to my wife. my wife was also interviewed by someone from the christian science monitor, and there were japanese reporters there too. They interviewed a chinese guy i was talking too.
What i haven't figured out is a very large complex on the mexican side along the san pedro river. Have to figure that one out.
The country is in full beauty and green after the rains and wife and i had a real good time.
I think there are some inaccuricies in the news article, those little flags on the fence had been there for quite a while.
the guys in the orange shirts stopped on the mexican side, and handed a camera to a guy on the american side so he could take their pictures. They are mexican government employees that patrol along the border in a humanitarian function to find/assist mexicans in trouble in the desert.
It is difficult country, and just sitting on my butt there, i was leaking water.
I might have some pictures once the wife gets them on the computer.
I might add one thing we noticed driving down from phoenix is as least six or so trucks piled to the moon loaded down with furniture/ personal belongings all driven by hispanics heading to the border.
I think 1070 is working.
one other thing i noticed today running into the border patrol block coming up from sierra vista to I10.
That place has been there for a long time. It isn't rocket science to think you offload your passenger, they walk around the block, and get picked up on the other side. Saw a half dozen b.p. sitting in the shade while one checked the cars.
The thing i noticed was it always seemed that the b.p. always drove dodge trucks for the most part.
Saw quite a few Chevrolet trucks this time. Maybe because it is now GOVERMENT MOTORS?
Posted By: krp Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
You don't know how bad I wanted to go and tried to connive any way to. But a long trip back from visiting our friend last night and then family matters today, it didn't add up. Luckily I didn't as my daughter had an emergency at 4am and I needed to go take care of that at her house.

Kent
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
I can't identify crossfire in those pics, nobody with an M60 on his shoulder.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
Thanks crossfire.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
And nobody had a slingshot...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: isaac Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
Has anyone heard from the good man?? I watched the news and called the Heat and nowhere did they have a guy with the first name of Greg in custody!
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
Originally Posted by T LEE
Thanks crossfire.

I'd hump his ammo and barrels for him.
Originally Posted by isaac
Has anyone heard from the good man?? I watched the news and called the Heat and nowhere did they have a guy with the first name of Greg in custody!

He was captured and taken across the border... interrogated... brutally...

But all they could get out of him, as he looked at them with his right eye twitching uncontrollably....

BARKOFF!!!! BARKOFF!!!!

In disgust they just dumped him back across, he got up, slapped the dust off himself and flipped them the bird, Pinche Mejicanos... they flipped him back, Loco pinche Gringo...

the saga continues...

Kent
You guys are funny,.....Sick, but funny,.....

This pic was taken on Thursday last,.....when I had done as much parking area mowing as I could stand,......"Old Glory" performed flawlessly in 100* + temps, other than the usual flat tire hassles that one lives with in Thorn Mesquite terrains

In this view the camera is pointed grid South, and directly behind "Goldie" in the backround would be the area where the crowds gathered :

[Linked Image]

In this view the Camera has panned off to the Southeast, for a nice view of the San Jose range :

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
You guys are funny,.....Sick, but funny,.....

Well see, there is one we agree on.
Beautiful and well-done.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
laugh
Here's "Today's banner"

pretty much on the beam,......Spencer DOES fail to mention that the "Suspicious Vehicles" have been coming and going offa' that far ridge to the South alla' the last week,.......cruising around on that Old Ford gave me good perspective on that. Hell, maybe I was the only one that noticed.

Link: www.americanpatrol.com

Rally at the Ranch
American Border Patrol Flags Provide Backdrop
Glenn Spencer -- American Patrol Report -- August 16
From left to right: Sen. Russell Pearce, J.D. Hayworth, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio. American Border Patrol placed flags on the fence for the Fourth of July.
Sunday found almost 2,000 people standing near the border fence that had been decorated with thousands of American flags placed there by American Border Patrol for the Fourth of July. At one point, J.D. Hayworth, Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Arizona State Senator Russell Pearce gathered in front of the flags as the media moved in. Each flag had a note from an individual American expressing concern over border security.
Everyone I talked to said the rally was a tremendous success. A crowd that showed tremendous energy - despite the heat, cheered speaker after speaker. Most had traveled more than 100 miles to reach the remote border location.
I was proud to have had this rally on my border ranch and to have hosted the speakers at my nearby home. I was also very proud of the volunteers who moved the traffic and provided security. Equipped with proper communications equipment, they worked as a seamless team.
The rally went off without a hitch, despite three protestors who snuck in. ABP's Cessna TU-206 did spot some suspicious vehicles approaching the rally from the Mexican side, but they quickly realized they were being watched and backed off.
After five years the U.S. media finally visited ABP's border operation. I hope it isn't the last.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
Crossfire, thank you for your attention to this border problem. You being on the front lines of this governmental clusterfudge, I'm sure it sickens you to see what's happening to this nation. You have my support and thanks. Mark
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
Originally Posted by krp

But all they could get out of him, as he looked at them with his right eye twitching uncontrollably....

BARKOFF!!!! BARKOFF!!!!

In disgust they just dumped him back across, he got up, slapped the dust off himself and flipped them the bird, Pinche Mejicanos... they flipped him back, Loco pinche Gringo...

the saga continues...

Kent

i wasn't gonna post this, but now you force me. When i went to crossfires home i told my wife to play along. I wasn't sure crossfire would remember what i looked like, so when he came to the door, i said hi, i'm from california, and my name is barkoff, or bristoe, can't remember which. Thought i would get his goat. He just looked at me for a moment, and said, oh Hell, come on in.
I started laughing and told him who i was.
But that should tell you something about the good guy he is.
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by krp

BARKOFF!!!! BARKOFF!!!!

the saga continues...

Kent

i wasn't gonna post this, but now you force me. When i went to crossfires home i told my wife to play along. I wasn't sure crossfire would remember what i looked like, so when he came to the door, i said hi, i'm from california, and my name is barkoff, or bristoe, can't remember which. Thought i would get his goat. He just looked at me for a moment, and said, oh Hell, come on in.
lmao

Barkoff, don't be thinkin' you'll get a pass now. heheheh
Posted By: oulufinn Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
Keep on keepin' on. Every single person who is educated about this problem will help the overall cause of securing the border.

Never was a doubt in my mind.

BARKOFF!!!! BARKOFF!!!!

Thanks for the gut-bustin' laugh of the day!

Scott
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
Thank you, all, who made it down there.

Too far for the road trip, but you are in and on a LOT of minds these days.
Wee update :

American Border Patrol sc
Rally count
Glenn Spencer reports that an activist neighbor who complains about everything counted 635 cars entering the rally at the ranch yesterday. At an average of 3 people per car, that would put the rally attendance at 1905. Spencer reports that almost 100 people entered the rally from his end of the ranch, putting total attendance at more than 2,000.
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
Damn I wish we could get a tea party candidate to win the white house. Not one riding the tea party coattails but a serious one that will follow the "plank" to the letter no matter what.
Posted By: oulufinn Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/16/10
I wonder if we'll hear even a peep in the media about it... (Rhetorical question, sadly.)
Originally Posted by oulufinn
I wonder if we'll hear even a peep in the media about it... (Rhetorical question, sadly.)

You gotta quit smoking whatever it is you are. even thinking the MSM would report something like this is delusional. smile smile
Posted By: bcp Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10
Originally Posted by oulufinn

Seems to be out there:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/08/16/Tea-Party-protesters-rally-in-Arizona/UPI-43641281968994/

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129214254

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/16/us/politics/16rallly.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/aug/16/an-eyewitness/

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hyEB-YKayBF5GLBBKfF7TBQyO0JgD9HKC34O0
Posted By: T LEE Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10
Where is ABC, NBC and CBS????
Posted By: oulufinn Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10

Better than I thought! Maybe the big three will mention it..
Posted By: bcp Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10

Where is ABC, NBC and CBS????

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=11405593

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/15/ap/national/main6775185.shtml

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38715798/
No real coverage, just a copy of the AP wire story. Why weren't they there with camera's????
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10
Damn good question, T.

We noted more interest (as has been the case for years) from the Euro-Press organizations,......and The big FOX news van that we've seen ( Minuteman BS a coupla' years back, and the recent Krentz slaying) .......NOTABLY absent,.....

This particular "News" will blow over quick,....I reckon.

GTC
They, the liberal media and dems figure that if they keep us (the Tea Party) out of the news we will go away. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!
Posted By: oulufinn Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10

This is far from actual coverage & reaches very few of the sheep who need to see it...
RoninPhx sent down some great pics !

Here's a look at the "Wall",....looking West, from the bench above the San Pedro. Where the line leaves private lands, and goes into the Coronado National Monument, it effectively ENDS.
The slopes and ridges beyond are where the traffic is non stop, night and day, up into and across Fort Huachuca.
[Linked Image]
Here's a look down into the San Pedro River Bottom, One can note that there seems to be something missing, ....What ?
Another "High Traffic Area"
[Linked Image]
One of the many signs available for perusal it's been up quite a while now
[Linked Image]
An APB was out for a while:

" A large, sweaty, and rather dangerous looking stranger is loose on the border"

He was later identified as a friendly

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10
When the Republicans call I tell them, not today, until you show me you care and are as committed as Arizona, Arizona gets most of what contributions we can afford. Thanks Crossfire for helping to keep the focus on this issue.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10
I can just imagine being stationed at Huachuca and the frustration it must entail. Just sitting there watching our country being invaded while being ordered to stand down. Our politicians are traitors with few exceptions.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10
Well I guess we in CA can only hope said illegals cannot read English.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10
Originally Posted by Barkoff

[Linked Image]

sorry, some of the signs locally are now in spanish
there have been several articles in the local azzwipe paper lately about some of the 90% hispanic/illegal school districts being WAY down on student count for this year. Common story is the people are moving to more friendly states.
I might add if you were to go to the end of that fence in the coronado, right AT the barbwire international fence is a trail leading accross the top of the huachuca mountains, and right into the army base. It is like a freeway for migration north. Offshoots of the trail lead down off the mountains into residential areas. Prompting locals delivering their kids to the bus stop for school to do so packing armament.
That trail is not exactly unknown, been used by the indians for hundreds of years.
I might add something that hasn't been brought out i think before. A little historical tidbit. that area where the pictures were taken is really not in herefor, but palominas.
that area is where the mcclaury boys were raised, as in ike clantons buddies at the unfortunate incident at the o.k. corral.
Posted By: krp Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10
Just another cultural observation... call it racist whatever, human reality is more like it.

Mexico has a decent education system with universities, all in all ok.

Boys seldom go past age 12, it's female heavy after that. the reason they don't attempt to learn english is they don't know how to learn, pretty much are past the age of easy learning and think it's too hard.

A cultural thing right from their mouths.

So , since most crossers are single young males, they probably can't read the spanish sign either... seriously.

Kent
I've gotta' go get a load of gravel,....when i get back I'll relate the tale of the illegal trying to hijack a schoolbus
( with kids aboard) over by Elgin, one morning a coupla-three years ago.

I covet your pie.

If you had any REAL compassion, you'd figure a way to ship one down to me !

You're dead right, that is clearly Palominas,....these dumb County plicks keep changing designations,....and there's a minor revolt brewing re; that chit.

First time you were here, I (my place) WAS in Hereford,....we're now in the "Sierra Vista Postal area" but still County ?

GTC
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/17/10
Originally Posted by Barkoff

[Linked Image]

sorry, some of the signs locally are now in spanish
there have been several articles in the local azzwipe paper lately about some of the 90% hispanic/illegal school districts being WAY down on student count for this year. Common story is the people are moving to more friendly states.

Well it ain't like LA don't deserve it.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I've gotta' go get a load of gravel,....when i get back I'll relate the tale of the illegal trying to hijack a schoolbus
( with kids aboard) over by Elgin, one morning a coupla-three years ago.

I covet your pie.

If you had any REAL compassion, you'd figure a way to ship one down to me !

You're dead right, that is clearly Palominas,....these dumb County plicks keep changing designations,....and there's a minor revolt brewing re; that chit.

First time you were here, I (my place) WAS in Hereford,....we're now in the "Sierra Vista Postal area" but still County ?

GTC

i sent that to my wife, i think i will have another piece of that tonight, those peaches are quite good.
now as to how to get it down there, haven't figured that one out yet. But certainly, you are entitled.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Our Friend Crossfire - 08/18/10
Fresh Picked Peach / Home-Made pies are not frizbees,.....lets hang back,....cuz' I was just jokin' ya'.

I WILL freeze some of the last of the best,....and when we next make Ronny,....do one of my infamous yet revered Dutch Oven Cobblers,.....with the White Corn/Whole Wheat fluffy dumplin'.

Speaking of BEAUTIFUL dumplings,.....I gotta' go chase that Swiss miss journalist some more. We might be

I can see her and I,....Grumman Canoes Dogs, Rifles, Chainsaws ....Pack Horses,....and Emerald Basin, Wells Gray, and Atlin Lake,.....

BTW,......."funshooter" did a rather worrisome disappearing act in the middle of alla' this. If anybody hears from him before I do,.....let the Palominas crew know he's all right.

GTC
© 24hourcampfire