Home
Posted By: Steve Dem's think they will lose house - 08/26/10
I can't wait 'till election night to watch Pelosi balling through her botox.

Democrats privately fear House prospects worsening

Top Democrats are growing markedly more pessimistic about holding the House, privately conceding the summertime economic and political recovery they were banking on will not likely materialize by Election Day.

In conversations with more than two dozen party insiders, most of whom requested anonymity to speak candidly about the state of play, Democrats in and out of Washington say they are increasingly alarmed about the economic and polling data they have seen in recent weeks.

They no longer believe the jobs and housing markets will recover � or that anything resembling the White House�s promise of a �recovery summer� is under way. They are even more concerned by indications that House Democrats once considered safe � such as Rep. Betty Sutton, who occupies an Ohio seat President Barack Obama won with 57 percent of the vote in 2008 � are now in real trouble.

In two close races, endangered Democrats are even running ads touting how they oppose their leadership.

�Democrats kept thinking: �We�re going to get better. We�re going to get well before the election,�� said one of Washington�s best-connected Democrats. �But as of this week, you now have people saying that Republicans are going to win the House. And now it�s starting to look like the Senate is going to be a lot closer than people thought.�

A Democratic pollster working on several of the key races said �the reality is that [the House majority] is probably gone.� His data shows the Democrats� problems are only getting worse. �It�s spreading.�

Not all Democrats � or Republicans, for that matter � share this pessimistic assessment 68 days before the election. Republicans need to pick up 39 seats, and polls show most voters still have a downbeat view of the GOP�s ability to govern any better than Democrats. Republicans have been out-raised and out-spent at the national level and in many of the key races.

�We have been saying for the past 18 months this will be a politically challenging environment,� said DCCC Chairman Chris Van Hollen. �That being said, we will retain the majority in the House. All of what you are hearing is the inside-the-beltway chatter.�

A top House Democratic strategist who agrees with Van Hollen conceded pessimism is spreading rapidly � but mainly in Washington. This strategist said the mood among individual Democratic candidates, many of whom enjoy a considerable cash advantage, are more upbeat.

more

Watching Pelosi "balling" ain't one of my fantasies... laugh
You say that publically!!

My first week of Va muzzleloader hunting will be extra special this year...buck or not!!

All smoke and mirrors.
If the Reps take the house, wait and see if Pelosi gives up her $18k/mo office that she says her position requires. Actually, it would be better if she had to give up her congressional office altogether.
Just the house? --- I hope the lose the whole damn farm . . .
Dem's think they will lose house.

What's to lose?

They've already burnt it down.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Dem's think they will lose house.

What's to lose?

They've already burnt it down.

Yup. Im pissin' on the ashes right now
� from up-wind, I hope!
Well, they might as well lose the house, they're causing a lot of people to lose theirs.
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

Man, DUDE! Pictures in my head, PICTURES IN MY HEAD!! Can't possibly get drunk enough to make them acceptable.

May you have persistent wet dreams of Rosie O'Donnell, Janet Reno and Hillary Clinton in a three way.
I hope all the progressives lose, both Dem's and Pub's, cause sure as hell both sides got'em!
I wanna see what truck they bring to wrest the gavel out of her claws....

One of my best days will be the one where her sorry azz is tossed OUT of that chamber..
Originally Posted by crosshair

Man, DUDE! Pictures in my head, PICTURES IN MY HEAD!! Can't possibly get drunk enough to make them acceptable.

May you have persistent wet dreams of Rosie O'Donnell, Janet Reno and Hillary Clinton in a three way.
Don't blame me, I didn't say it. He could've said "sobbing" or "crying", etc.
Originally Posted by crosshair

Don't blame me, I didn't say it. He could've said "sobbing" or "crying", etc.

Sorry dude, but you got too close to that target and burned by that mental nuke. What I said is mentally equivalent to a nuclear detonation over a city. I defy anyone to make an argument that it's not.
Actually, refering to the header only, I hope they lose their collective azzes.. ALL of 'em..
� He could've said "sobbing" or "crying", etc.

Or he could've spelled bawling correctly.

But that would've limited the opportunities for ensuing witticisms.
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
Well, they might as well lose the house, they're causing a lot of people to lose theirs.
Best post ever! So true.

maybe "backdoor bb " from a ghetto bro!
on her jet
I'm sorry. Should have said, "I can't wait to watch her getting f*cked on election night."

Tried to spell it all correctly... (multiple periods for Ken...)
Forgot the smiley faces. laugh laugh
While this will be a great event from a future legislation perspective, it ain't gonna be all that and a bag of chips for the Republicans.

It's not going to be very advantageous, politically, to be presiding over the economic collapse of America.
Well lets hope for once in the last two years they got it right once.

I hope it is true... but when they show you one hand you need to watch the other...

AND even if it is true there is still a big mess to clean up...

I hope their replacements are up to it
Originally Posted by Steve
I'm sorry. Should have said, "I can't wait to watch her getting f*cked on election night."

Tried to spell it all correctly... (multiple periods for Ken...)

That isn't a picture I want burned into my memory either!!!!!!!

Just a saying.

The icing on the cake would be that her constituency voted her into retirement by electing a Republican to replace her!
I'm a half empty kind of guy. I'll believe it when I see it. Why? we just had the primaries here in Florida with some pretty defined differences in candidates. My family (wife and the two I have left at home) all went at different times. The polling place was empty and I can almost guarantee you we were the only ones on our street that voted. I lost all faith in the system when we elected a marxist of questionable ancestry and citizenry to the presidency. jorge
� ... (multiple periods for Ken...)

Thanks, but I've got plenty.

Hope YOU don't run short of 'em.

I hope the Democrats are right.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� ... (multiple periods for Ken...)

Thanks, but I've got plenty.

Hope YOU don't run short of 'em.

wink
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
Best post ever! So true.

My goal is to see every state house, as well as DC to have the highest un-employment EVER come November!
© 24hourcampfire